Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: 2 rooms and a boom.  (Read 10915 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
2 rooms and a boom.
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:26:14 pm »

Well, I saw one game of this on here, and I was really intrigued by it, so I decided to do another.

Rules

Round 1 will last 2 days, round 2 1 day, and round 3 1 day.

RULE CHANGES/CLARIFICATIONS/MODIFICATIONS:

1. Revealing your card: In this game, there will be 2 types of reveals: Public reveal and co-reveal.

1a. Public reveals: In your QT at any time you may post in bold your role and color (you must do both) like this: I am the Red Mod. If you do this, you CANNOT BE LYING.

1b. Co-reveals: If you would like to co-reveal with someone, post in bold in the QT: Propose co-reveal with [playername]. That person then can confirm/deny it by saying Confirm co-reveal with [playername] or Deny co-reveal with [playername]. If they confirm it, then both players MUST send a PM to the other containing ONLY their color and role name. If you are the shy guy, you MUST deny a co-reveal unless you have been "cured" by the Psychologist.

1c. Private Reveal. You may post in the room thread Private Reveal with [playername]. You then PM the person your role and color. They don't have to return the favor. This is how the Psychologist cures the Shy Guy.

2. Whispering You may whisper to anyone by posting Whisper with [playername]. You then may PM the person. The PM can be of any length, HOWEVER, you only have 5 whispers per round. You don't have to send the PMs to me also, but I would appreciate it  :D.

3. Choosing a Leader At the start of the round, players may make proposals for who they think the leader should be. As soon as there are 2 proposals, each player MUST in their next post vote for either of them like this: vote: [playername]. If there is a tie, start from the beginning.

I think that's it. If you have any questions, ask them now!

ROLES:
1 president
1 bomber
1 shy guy (could be either)
1 psychologist
and the rest as blue-team and red-team cards.

Signups:
1. Tables
2. chairs
3. Liopoil
4. Archetype
5. Fperfect
6. Ahoppy
7. jotheonah
8. Jimmmmm
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:44:36 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: 2 rooms and a boom.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:32:39 pm »

If you want to run another game of this, I suggest taking a look at how BGG run their games. They've done a bit of experimenting and have a pretty good system going now. I would advise pretty much just copying it.

Also I'd be in.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 10:41:23 pm »

If you want to run another game of this, I suggest taking a look at how BGG run their games. They've done a bit of experimenting and have a pretty good system going now. I would advise pretty much just copying it.

Also I'd be in.
Where would i find one of those?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:42:00 pm »

/tag. Good chance I'll end up playing.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:48:50 pm »

Also I'd be in.
Where would i find one of those?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1333294/two-rooms-and-a-boom/play-by-forum

Edit: Looks like, excluding the sidegame going on, that this is a good place to start: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1033470/2r1b-pbf36-the-shape-of-things-to-boom-main-th
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:51:22 pm by Tables »
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 05:19:48 pm »

bump.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 05:25:43 pm »

/tag at least

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 03:52:03 pm »

bump?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »

I've been reading some of the different roles, and it seems like there's a lot of potential for both teams to lose.

also /in

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 07:00:36 pm »

(that is, with some of the roles, like "you must be in the same room as the bomber or red loses, you must be in the same room as the president or blue loses", etc)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 07:33:58 pm »

/in

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:31 pm »

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbump

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 06:00:50 pm »

/in

fprefect

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:37 am »

in

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 01:19:40 pm »

in

There's somebody with the username "Prefectfordprefect" on another site...  Are you him?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

fprefect

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:47 pm »

in

There's somebody with the username "Prefectfordprefect" on another site...  Are you him?
nope... wait! In a presona sense ... yes. I mean same book/same character. Do we share the same memories? probably not! Is it possible that he is my evil twin? Definetly yes!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 04:07:56 pm »

in

nope... wait! In a presona sense ... yes. I mean same book/same character. Do we share the same memories? probably not! Is it possible that he is my evil twin? Definetly yes!

I still don't know...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

fprefect

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 04:49:36 pm »

ok: no, not the same person
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:21:27 pm by fprefect »

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 09:44:03 pm »

I just got out of probably the most insane game of 2R1B I've ever played, over on BGG. In short check out the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCblbDevnx_nZVrWUy-Na-zA?feature=watch. Start with "Undertaker reveal" and move along the series. Now note that these videos are being released alongside players* being unexpectedly killed off by exploding flashlights, there are weird things going on each day, and the person being tortured in those videos is the person who made 2R1B, and... yeah, it lead to a hugely atmospheric game.

*Actually not players but "NPCs" added in for flavour.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 12:40:00 pm »

So I just found this game on kickstarter and would be interested in maybe playing before I fork out $20.  so /tag

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 01:16:53 am »

/in if it... you know the rest.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 09:05:41 pm »

I played this IRL for the first time this weekend. It was a real laugh. Unlike Resistance, I think this works way better IRL than on forums. I have a vague review up on BGG if you want to have a look (should be real easy to find...)

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 04:04:00 am »

I played this IRL for the first time this weekend. It was a real laugh. Unlike Resistance, I think this works way better IRL than on forums. I have a vague review up on BGG if you want to have a look (should be real easy to find...)
Nice review.  I caved a few days ago and backed it.  It looks like the kind of social deduction game I could actually getmy group of friends to play, since it isn't as serious as mafia or the Resistance.  But we'll see if I'm able to play it much come June.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 04:05:36 am »

So I just found this game on kickstarter and would be interested in maybe playing before I fork out $20.  so /tag
Plus I guess I'll /in if that gets this game started.  How many people were you wanting to have Mail-mi?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 10:00:03 am »

Plus I guess I'll /in if that gets this game started.  How many people were you wanting to have Mail-mi?
8 or 9.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.