Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is Trade Route that good?  (Read 1279 times)

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
Is Trade Route that good?
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:06:47 pm »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130908/log.505d72d7a2e6fa3316de089e.1378655850651.txt
Firstly, I won the game, so I think my strategy was still quite better, but...

I mean, there is Great Hall and Feodum, so Trade Route is able to reach 5$. But I don't see anything other than BM here, and Council Room is the fastest to do that, I think.
My opponent just buys the VPs to power up TRs. I had nearly perfect shuffle luck at the beginning, so I built up a bit with Gold/Silver buys at $9. Then my opponent can follow with 2 province buys and the duchy dance gives him more powerful TRs. I decided to buy one myself and my CR collided 2 times, so was even really lucky to squeeze out the win with my bought TR.

Is trade route unignoriable here or was it bad play from me or luck?

PitzerMike

• Young Witch
  • Longtime Pearldiver
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
Re: Is Trade Route that good?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:09:17 am »

Well, if TR was a a non-factor in a kingdom with two alt VP cards, the card might as well not exist at all.

Still it's kind of a trap because it's often better to have the other player power them up and then buy one yourself like you did.
But at least it gives you something to think about and maybe change your strategy a bit around that.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
Re: Is Trade Route that good?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:31 pm »

trade route ain't great, but it has its uses, prominently +buy.  here, thinning doesn't help connect engine parts, and buys don't provide cheap engine parts.  It's just really slow, terminal trashing.  You don't want shelters or copper, true, but while he's thinning, you're buying gold and silver, so council room BM beats it.  Less important, turn 11, jasjasjas chops trade route instead of a feodum that was worth 0 points at a time where he could really have used the silver.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.