Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fun Kingdom  (Read 1634 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
Fun Kingdom
« on: September 06, 2013, 01:37:57 pm »

Thought I would share this one. Played it random and I think it looks like it was designed:
Moat, Loan, Market Square, Bishop, Horse Traders, Procession, Spice Merchant, Knights, Rogue, Soothsayer,

Only thing that doesn't fit is Horse Traders (But maybe that one if you decide getting to $5 early is important). The rest makes for a really really interesting game with lots of different strategies that show off the effect of the different cards, and trade-offs you need to make at different points in the game.

Ed

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
Re: Fun Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 02:05:36 pm »

it's very terminal heavy....  the spice merchant allows for decent trashing, making dame village (Molly) look very good.

but yeah, i can see a lot of interesting options in there.

Horse Traders benefits from all the attacks - mainly this makes the opportunity cost of buying it with your 4 opening a lot less as it basically just replaces itself. 

So many attacks that I wonder if it's worth buying moat for the defense?  probably not...
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 02:16:42 pm »

Horse Traders is interesting if my opponents goes Soothsayer. 7 card starting hand after gaining a Curse? Yes, please.

Knights. Ugh. I would be really tempted to go for a Bishop Golden deck here with a Market Square to get two Golds. Your Knights can't hit me if I only have 5 cards!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:37:28 pm »

Horse Traders is interesting if my opponents goes Soothsayer. 7 card starting hand after gaining a Curse? Yes, please.

Knights. Ugh. I would be really tempted to go for a Bishop Golden deck here with a Market Square to get two Golds. Your Knights can't hit me if I only have 5 cards!

Soothsayer slows down Golden Deck a fair bit.  You get to draw the Curse right away to trash if you want, but then you are disrupted for a turn.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »

Keep in mind that unless you're going HT/ money (and yeah, you're not doing that), you probably have actions in your hand besides HT, so the HT is "dead" except that you drew a card to replace it.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 04:14:43 pm »

Keep in mind that unless you're going HT/ money (and yeah, you're not doing that), you probably have actions in your hand besides HT, so the HT is "dead" except that you drew a card to replace it.

Necropolis and Dame Molly? ;) And Procession. I feel a Marin engine coming on!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:17:12 pm by Polk5440 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.