Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Finding the combo  (Read 1502 times)

Destierro

• Bishop
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
Finding the combo
« on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:35 pm »

Chapel, Lighthouse, Ambassador, Chancellor, Fortress, Remake, Remodel, Smithy, Border Village, Forge (shelters, provinces)

Do you see it?

I didn't, at least not at first. What I saw was ambassador. Having rarely played ambassador with shelters, I didn't realize just how bad it can be. But after my awful opening I see it. I could only hope I wasn't too late, but my opponent missed it and I still managed to take the win. Fortress is one of my top 3 villages, easy.

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130903/log.50a06f0fe4b0638b8d8e5da1.1378261305032.txt

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the combo
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:38:28 pm »

I would have guessed Forge + Fortress.
Well you *do* need a signature...

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:38:54 pm »

Oh man, this thing is like TFB heaven. Remodel/Fortress, Remodel/Border Village, Forge/Fortress are all combos on their own, and here you've got all of them.

Remake/Fortress would be great but you've got no good $5 targets here. Well, maybe duchies, if you want you can remake fortress into duchy and duchy into BV, but remodel is better for that.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 10:41:31 pm »
+1

I think a Remake opening is good here. Remake shelters into Lighthouses, clear away coppers. Possibly Remake/Ambassador opening? Ambassador away coppers, Remake shelters, and eventually Remake the Ambassador into a Fortress or a Remodel. Dunno whether that's better than Remake/Silver and aiming to buy a Remodel and a Fortress quicker.

Destierro

• Bishop
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:45:48 pm »

I have no doubt that my opening was suboptimal. However, i believe my middle / endgame was pretty well done. This board could end in prolly 13 turns played right, it's insane

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 12:15:38 am »
+2

Why not just open Chapel/Remodel?

Chapel clears out the starting stuff. Remodel gives you silver or lighthouse. Then remodel turns chapel into Fortress and Fortress into BV+a second remodel.

Then you are off to the races. Keep turning Fortress into BV+either fortress or remodel or Smithy. Pretty soon you can draw your deck and you turn four BV into four provinces. Them just clean up (worse case remodeling provinces into provinces )

On a mirror it gets really interesting on timing. Hard to say when you "go off".

Ed
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.