Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 190  All

Author Topic: M31: Modern Community - Mafia + Survivor wins!  (Read 393384 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 1!)
« Reply #1525 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »

whew. The thing is, I really shouldn't be feeling relieved, because this is still probably a mislynch...

Makes me feel better about voting you, he's already posturing.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:02 pm »

guys, we could get an actual majority lynch!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »

At very VERY least this scramble gives us more data to pore over tomorrow.

Huge FoS to people who were viewing and did not post.  I was checking "Who's Online."  You all know I am confirmed town and I have no reason to lie about people who were here and did not chime in.  Remember this tomorrow if I get killed during the night.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »

I am deliberately posting these two things close to the last minute because I do no want them discussed:

1) Galzria has requested that a cop investigate me.

2) Because of this, I am requesting doctor protection. Competent scum play is to shoot whomever the cop plans to investigate, thus depriving the town of information (because if the investigation target dies, his info is revealed and he needn't have been investigated at all.)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:49 pm »

At very VERY least this scramble gives us more data to pore over tomorrow.

Huge FoS to people who were viewing and did not post.  I was checking "Who's Online."  You all know I am confirmed town and I have no reason to lie about people who were here and did not chime in.  Remember this tomorrow if I get killed during the night.
especially eevee.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:55 pm »

Thread Locked.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 23, 2013, 09:26:24 pm »

Day 1 Final Vote Count:

liopoil (6): Robz888, shraeye, AHoppy, faust, sudgy, Galzria
nkirbit (1): bocaJ
sudgy (1): Eevee
mcmcsalot (10): EFHW, Walrus, mail-mi, Archetype, chairs, Twistedarcher, liopoil, Dsell, Voltgloss, Voltaire
chairs (1): nkirbit
EFHW (1): mcmcsalot

Not Voting (0):

With 20 alive, it took 11 to lynch.

Day 1 ended on September 23 at 9:22 p.m.

N1 Greendale Glee Concert:

L Street (11):  liopoil, faust, EFHW, Robz888, Voltaire, mcmc, Eevee, Ahoppy, Dsell, shraeye, nkirbit
The Red Door (8):  Walrus, mail-mi, sudgy, Twistedarcher, Archetype, chairs, Galzria, Voltgloss

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 23, 2013, 09:32:43 pm »

No one was sure the lat time there had been that many people in the Study Room.  Maybe for that one Halloween party.

Anyway, voices were raised while everyone shouted at each other.  It wasn't really coherent, but hey, that's how these voice-over shots are supposed to feel.  Remember when they were fighting over pillow forts and blanket forts?  Yeah, like that.

As the camera pans over the room, we see one man, oblivious to the silliness around him, texting on his phone.  He's seated at the familiar study table.  HE doesn't look up once, until he hears his name.

"Hey Jeff.  Jeff!  We've decided we're going to L Street tonight.  And you are NOT invited.  You are lynched instead."

Jeff looks up, one of those bewildered looks on his face.  "Whatever.  Lynched?"  He does airquotes around the word.  "What does that mean, anyway?  Nevermind, I don't care.  I've got a hot date with the ironically named Chastity tonight.  Later jerks."

Jeff Winger (mcmcsalot), the Study Group Leader (Day Lynchproofer and Night Captain), has been lynched.

Night 1 has begun.

Each player still alive must PM the mods to confirm that night started.

Any player with a night action must submit it by PM within 24 hours.

Night will end in 48 hours.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Night 1!)
« Reply #1533 on: September 24, 2013, 09:39:37 pm »

The Night Action Submission Deadline has passed.

Day 2 will start in ~24 hours.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 25, 2013, 09:33:19 pm »

After a night of gleeful enjoyment at L Street, which turned out to also be the Red Door, everyone from the Study Group room slept through the night.  They had taken just about every hotel room available in Greendale, too.

The next morning, everyone wandered into Study Room F to see two unfamiliar faces already there.  They were quietly arguing with each other...

"But I need to get more oxygen.  Or my medicine.  Did I take my medicine?  I want onions!"  An old man stood hunched over, hand on a stroller for an oxygen tank.

"Mr. Kleezak, when I mentioned I would be happy to bring you to Greendale since I was already coming for the Puppy Parade, I made it clear that I wouldn't be able to take care of you after we arrived.  My puggles need me to primp for the parade.  We didn't win two Puglys by throwing care to the wind.  We are even now for your vo..." Councilman Duane Bailey faded off as he saw familiar faces.

The study group members were surprised, but before anyone could say anything, Mr. Kleezak raised his hand, holding an envelope.

"Ah there you are.  You got this letter...the mailman delivered it to my box by mistake...but it looked urgent, so I rushed it over to you.  Now, I don't want any thanks, and definitely no sexy dance.  Just thought this was the fastest way to get rid of it is all..."

TIME FREEEEEEEEZE!

Constable Reggie stood with the Quantum Spanner in his hand, his thumb holding down the Time Freeze button.  "Inspector!  How can these two have joined us today?  Didn't that balding dog owner return to that other cult-favorite television show?  And isn't the old man dead?"

"Ah, my young constable.  Do you forget so quickly?  We must be in a different timeline!"  And with that, the Inspector gently lifted Constable Reggie's thumb from the button.

TIME UNFREEEEEEEZE!

"...so don't thank me or anything.  I just need some oxygen."

Someone took the envelope from Mr. Kleezak and opened it.  He spread the letter on the table, where everyone could see it was typed on a computer with fancy doodled letterhead.  It looked like a newsletter.

Family, Friends, Loved Ones, and Others,

I'm so excited for Haley!  She may yet return to college, where she can learn all the wonderful things I did about life, love, and football players.  Well, maybe not at a Community College, but she has to start somewhere!

I know you are having a wonderful party for her to celebrate maybe getting in, and I'm glad you are waiting for Night 2 of your trip to hold it.  I'm on my way.  Can you please let me know where it will be?

Love you all!

Dede

"Oh no, not again.  I've paid my dues to that woman, and I will not deal with her again on this trip.  And don't start with the she's changed bit, she'll never change.  If I have to...you know what?  We're done here."  Jay Pritchett stormed out of the room.

"Grandpa!  No, we love you.  I'll miss you when you are gone."  Luke Dunphy looked around the room.  "See what you did!  I'm staying with Grandpa!"  He ran out after Jay.

Jay Pritchett (nkirbit), Mean Father-in-Law (Macho Townie), has been killed.
Luke Dunphy (shraeye), Magician (Enabled Ninja Mafia Goon), has been killed.

Day 2 has begun!

Day 2 will last for ten days.  Day 1 lynch rules apply.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 25, 2013, 09:35:00 pm »

Vote Count 2.0:

Not Voting (17): Eevee, Robz888, Voltgloss, mail-mi, chairs, Twistedarcher, Galzria, Voltaire, sudgy, EFHW, WalrusMcFishSr, ahoppy, Archetype, Dsell, bocaJ, Faust, Jorbles

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Please note, Jorbles has replaced liopoil.

Day 2 ends on October 6th at 9:30 p.m.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 25, 2013, 09:37:05 pm »

Well, I think we know what Galz enables.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M31: Modern Community (Day 2!)
« Reply #1537 on: September 25, 2013, 09:38:29 pm »

The Study Group must decide if Dede will be invited to the party.  Each player should do so by a vote: invite or vote: no invite by the end of the day.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 25, 2013, 09:41:11 pm »

Vote: Invite Deedee

This is my secondary win condition. Anyone who helps me will have my support in fulfilling their secondary win condition later on.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 25, 2013, 10:00:20 pm »

Good shot, Vig/SK.  Man, shraeye must be sick of rolling scum. 

nkirbit is an interesting scumkill choice.  I can see the logic behind it, but it's still not who I expected to turn up dead.  Which makes me a bit more suspicious of those who I did expect to turn up dead.  I'll say who... later.

Glad to see I did the right thing in turning the nkirbit lynch around!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 25, 2013, 10:03:45 pm »

Vote: Eevee

The man who should have gone down before deadline on Day 1.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 25, 2013, 10:07:06 pm »

I don't think nkirbit is that interesting of a scum kill. They knew Galzia enabled them (at least them) and nkirbit was thought of as pretty townie in the end, wasn't he?

I'm sorry for missing the end if yesterday. I was really happy to see the lynch didn't fall on liopoil, and super surprised about mcmc's flip.

Inviting or not inviting dede is almost definitely another flavor victory battle, but I wonder if it could also have an in-game consequence? I know this isn't rmm, but thematically I would expect inviting or not inviting her stirring different sort of trouble for town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 25, 2013, 10:08:31 pm »

Good thing I dodged that bullet, let's now carry on and find a quality day 2 lynch!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 25, 2013, 10:10:13 pm »

Once again, I disagree with you on this. Someone being away from deadline has no impact on alignment. Hell, I would think scum would want to be here even MORE than town, just so they aren't called out and can make sure the lynch doesn't land on a partner. Why is Eevee scummy exactly? Just for not being here?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 25, 2013, 10:10:56 pm »

To be more serious, I assume a big part of your suspicion on me is me being there a couple hours before but then missing the deadline. I'm sorry, I needed to go help a friend unexpectedly. Fwiw I would have spoken against a liopoil lynch, preferring either mcmc or efhw (whom I never got to rereading).

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 25, 2013, 10:11:08 pm »

Inviting or not inviting dede is almost definitely another flavor victory battle, but I wonder if it could also have an in-game consequence? I know this isn't rmm, but thematically I would expect inviting or not inviting her stirring different sort of trouble for town.

I am pretty sure it's just flavor. It's just a secondary win condition for me. Same thing as the Red Door / L St or whatever.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 25, 2013, 10:12:04 pm »

I think Eevee was here during the final hour or so, and didn't post.  Doublechecking now.  (There were a few people in that category.)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:54 pm »

I am pretty sure it's just flavor. It's just a secondary win condition for me. Same thing as the Red Door / L St or whatever.
I see no reason to vote yet anyways, better to see if someone have something to say about. I do agree it's pretty likely just what you say it is though.

I agreed with a lot of TA's posts before the deadline, which made him look townier to me. This is dependent on my town read on lio being correct though.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 25, 2013, 10:14:24 pm »

Good shot, Vig/SK.  Man, shraeye must be sick of rolling scum. 

nkirbit is an interesting scumkill choice.  I can see the logic behind it, but it's still not who I expected to turn up dead.  Which makes me a bit more suspicious of those who I did expect to turn up dead.  I'll say who... later.

Glad to see I did the right thing in turning the nkirbit lynch around!

I don't agree with finding people scummy for being alive. Scum have an incentive to kill the people who DON'T expect to turn up dead, since those people are the people who get doctored and watched. Finding people scummy for not turning up dead, especially when there's 19 people alive, seems pretty far-fetched to me. Who exactly are you talking about? You are the IC and know best, but I see no reason to withhold who you find scummy...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 25, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »

Hey, I'm always right about shraeye! (because of confirmation bias, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) so that's cool. Unfortunately I was also right about mcmc. But that's fine.

Is Galz an IC now? Unless someone else claims Enabler, that's how I see it.

I'll need to re-read with our flips now. I actually feel really freaking good about town's chances right now.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 190  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.