Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  All

Author Topic: Resistance VII: Avalon - Resistance Wins!  (Read 27899 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: Avalon II
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2013, 08:00:24 am »

Propose chairs mail-mi tables jimmm

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2013, 05:56:59 am »

I'm glad I rejected. Or Chairs is bluffing, but more likely, double spy.

Incidentally I had a game a bit like this on Wednesday. Someone slipped up midgame and was pretty much outed as a spy. I posed a few other statements, and they kind of gave up arguing at that point. But the difference between him and Chairs is that he continued to try and help the resistance, asserting his innocence continually. By his proposal on Mission 5 (M5.4) I was pretty confident he was, in fact, a rebel (and he was).

I'm probably going to need to reread this game but IIRC I think the spy team was, uh, Chairs, Lio and Jim? I mean I can obviously just check that and reread what's happened but eh.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2013, 09:53:45 am »

I'm glad I rejected. Or Chairs is bluffing, but more likely, double spy.

Incidentally I had a game a bit like this on Wednesday. Someone slipped up midgame and was pretty much outed as a spy. I posed a few other statements, and they kind of gave up arguing at that point. But the difference between him and Chairs is that he continued to try and help the resistance, asserting his innocence continually. By his proposal on Mission 5 (M5.4) I was pretty confident he was, in fact, a rebel (and he was).

I'm probably going to need to reread this game but IIRC I think the spy team was, uh, Chairs, Lio and Jim? I mean I can obviously just check that and reread what's happened but eh.

I was thinking this...Except recent events have left a bad taste in my mouth regarding yuma. I may be back to leaning towards lio as resistance.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2013, 12:40:20 pm »

Mission 4, Proposal 3 has been proposed. Please send in your votes!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2013, 11:51:44 am »

Still need 3 votes. Come on guys!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2013, 04:28:45 pm »

Mission 4 Proposal 3
Leader: Chairs
Proposed Team: Chairs, mail-mi, Tables, Jimm
Votes
Accept: No one
Reject: Everyone
Proposal is Rejected

WalrusmcfishSr has 24 hours to nominate a team of 4 players.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2013, 04:30:00 pm »

Lol
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2013, 04:33:12 pm »

Alright Walrus, me, you, Yuma and Mail-mi. Sub at most one of those out if you must, but I'd prefer you didn't. Let's not let this get to Lio please. Even if it does I'm reasonably confident on the spy team, but, eh, I could be wrong. Maybe Chairs isn't a spy after all. Actually, maybe I should look back and try and remember why everyone is ENTIRELY confident on his spyness. Because that's actually slightly odd... eh.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2013, 05:00:16 pm »

Alright Walrus, me, you, Yuma and Mail-mi. Sub at most one of those out if you must, but I'd prefer you didn't. Let's not let this get to Lio please. Even if it does I'm reasonably confident on the spy team, but, eh, I could be wrong. Maybe Chairs isn't a spy after all. Actually, maybe I should look back and try and remember why everyone is ENTIRELY confident on his spyness. Because that's actually slightly odd... eh.

Because I have no clue how this game works, realized it about mission 2, and decided I'd just accept/reject missions on whimsy.  I think if I was a spy I'd try a bit harder, but at this point I think we've won regardless.  I'm not going to sign up for another Resistance game until I'm sure I understnad the rules, though.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2013, 05:04:40 pm »

Are you sure Tables? What did you think about my last comment that I'm feeling more spyish about yuma? In particular, these were the things that jumped out at me:

--How he mixed up the mission team and then didn't answer your question afterwards
--That time when you called for his opinion, and he was like, "I'm here, just lurking, didn't realize you wanted me to say anything." That struck me as suspicious as well.

He's been kind of lurky all game, although maybe that's in character.

Anyway, my main point is, I don't want to rush this proposal. I'll do a reread myself. Seeing as how this is the last democratic proposal of this pivotal round, I'd like to hear from everybody. Who you think the spies are, and what missions you would and would not be willing to vote for. I'll give you a hint: the team will 99% likely be Mission 3 + X, so answers of that format are encouraged.

I believe this is a fair request and I think silence could be construed as scummy here. I don't want to propose another whiff and then leave it to the hammer.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2013, 05:09:39 pm »

I really think chairs is a spy because he accepted M4P2.

tables, why do you think that yuma is the 4th resistance, and not me?

I agree that tables and mail-mi are resistance. yuma and chairs are spies, and jimmmm/walrus is 1-1, most likely jimmmm is the spy because walrus was on mission 3.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2013, 08:49:58 pm »

I really think chairs is a spy because he accepted M4P2.

tables, why do you think that yuma is the 4th resistance, and not me?

I agree that tables and mail-mi are resistance. yuma and chairs are spies, and jimmmm/walrus is 1-1, most likely jimmmm is the spy because walrus was on mission 3.

Hmm... well after considering what Walrus pointed out, I'm less sure. Yuma's lack of reply is... annoying, for sure. Suspicious? I dunno. You + Jimm just makes the most sense as a spypair, to me. I think I explained why I thought this before... it's to do with Jimm's behavior towards you and I think yours towards him at certain points (If this sounds vague it's because I don't remember entirely myself anymore... I don't remember the reasoning but I do remember the conclusion. I'll definitely give the last few pages a re-read at some point though.)

Of you, Mail-mi and Yuma, I was pretty undecided around M3.5 but after that proposal went through, became a lot more trusting of Mail-mi, somewhat more of Yuma, and a lot less of you. Perhaps I should reconsider Yuma in there. I would vote for a mission of you + M3, since well the alternative is a mission you're proposing anyway so if you're a spy, that's the mission I'd want anyway.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2013, 09:14:51 pm »

perhaps I should decide what my mission proposal will be now, and then if I don't propose that I am conf. spy.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2013, 09:49:15 pm »

perhaps I should decide what my mission proposal will be now, and then if I don't propose that I am conf. spy.

I think that's a good idea. That's half the reason I wanted to get a reading from everyone now, so at least we can establish some accountability.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2013, 10:03:43 pm »

Are you sure Tables? What did you think about my last comment that I'm feeling more spyish about yuma? In particular, these were the things that jumped out at me:

--How he mixed up the mission team and then didn't answer your question afterwards
--That time when you called for his opinion, and he was like, "I'm here, just lurking, didn't realize you wanted me to say anything." That struck me as suspicious as well.

He's been kind of lurky all game, although maybe that's in character.

Anyway, my main point is, I don't want to rush this proposal. I'll do a reread myself. Seeing as how this is the last democratic proposal of this pivotal round, I'd like to hear from everybody. Who you think the spies are, and what missions you would and would not be willing to vote for. I'll give you a hint: the team will 99% likely be Mission 3 + X, so answers of that format are encouraged.

I believe this is a fair request and I think silence could be construed as scummy here. I don't want to propose another whiff and then leave it to the hammer.
The spy team is Yuma/liopoil, Jimmmm, and chairs. Most definitely.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2013, 03:31:23 pm »

Can I get a 24 hour extension on this deadline to give people a chance to respond?

In particular yuma. I'm debating between X = {yuma, liopoil}, but yuma what do you think about the situation? If you don't post then I think I'll probably go with lio. If you do, I will consider that. Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »

wow. I did not expect that, but yay!. So from my perspective either:

- The spy team is yuma-jimmmmm-chairs - quite possible, but there are so many other spyteams there could be...
- The spy team is walrus-tables-yuma - unlikely, why would tables do this team, and unlikely both pass the mission.
- Mail-mi and Walrus are spies, and both passed - I doubt, I think mail-mi would fail it.
- Tables and mail-mi are spies, and both passed - I doubt tables would propose this, and think mail-mi would fail it.
- Mail-mi is a spy along with two of {Yuma, chairs, jimmmm} - I think mail-mi would fail this for sure. Really not worth it to slowplay here.
- Tables and Yuma are spies along with one of {chairs, Jimmmmm} - could be, but why did tables pass this?
- Walrus and Yuma are spies along with one of {chairs, Jimmmmm} - could be, but why did walrus pass this?

So a lot of possibilities, but most are unlikely. big resistance read on mail-mi, big spyread on yuma.
So I think that most likely the top one here is the correct one. So if I was trying to get a completely clean mission I'd propose:

tables, mail-mi, liopoil, walrus.

but I'm not - I'm trying to get a mission with 1 or 0 spies.

I'm going to be putting myself, 2 of {mail-mi, tables, walrus}, and 1 of {yuma, chairs, jimmmm}.

If mission 3 is indeed clean then doing this will win the game anyway. So I am assuming that mission 3 is NOT clean.

If mission 3 is not clean, I think it is more likely that there are two spies on it than 1. if there is just 1, I see no reason to pass it. It doesn't guarantee that mission 4 is failed, but even if mission 4 is failed, they still need to fail mission 5. If you fail mission 3 instead, you're guaranteed at a chance at mission 5, and resistance will have less info than they would if you pass M3 and fail M4.

I can't think of a scenario where it is a good idea to pass M3 as the only spy on the mission, so I assume there are 2 on M3.

tables/mail-mi
tables/walrus
walrus/mail-mi

I need to decide which of the three is the least likely, then put them both on the mission, and not the third.

The thing with mail-mi is that in the last two games when he was put on a mission with a spybuddy, he failed it, and his partner passed it. So I think if tables is his partner, this would have happened (tables played last game). Walrus on the other hand, might be unaware of this and so mail-mi might have passed it? I dunno, maybe this is a bad way to think about it.

Tables proposed this mission. He might have put a spybuddy on it with him, and tried to send a message to him to fail the mission? Possible, but unlikely I think. So that supports walrus/mail-mi too.

now, remember that the mission liopoil, mail-mi, yuma failed. That makes walrus-tables more unlikely than tables-mail-mi.

So I leave mail-mi off.

That makes my mission liopoil, tables, walrus, and one of yuma/chairs/jimmm.   

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2013, 03:38:34 pm »

from there, since I'm assuming mail-mi to be scum, I think I'll go with yuma as my fourth player.

So, if we reject Walrus' mission (and I will of course be rejecting walrus' mission), I will propose the mission Liopoil, tables, walrus, and yuma.

If I don't do this I am a spy.

I may change this mission up until walrus proposes his mission. Once he has proposed his mission, mine is locked in.

I also request SILENCE as soon as twistedarcher posts the results of the vote on walrus' proposal, because no matter what the result is we will know who the players on the mission are.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2013, 04:19:39 pm »

Can I get a 24 hour extension on this deadline to give people a chance to respond?

In particular yuma. I'm debating between X = {yuma, liopoil}, but yuma what do you think about the situation? If you don't post then I think I'll probably go with lio. If you do, I will consider that. Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

I'll probably be rejecting your mission as I still kinda think you are a spy... so put whomever you want on it. I don't think I will be accepting it.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2013, 09:09:07 pm »

from there, since I'm assuming mail-mi to be scum, I think I'll go with yuma as my fourth player.

So, if we reject Walrus' mission (and I will of course be rejecting walrus' mission), I will propose the mission Liopoil, tables, walrus, and yuma.

If I don't do this I am a spy.

I may change this mission up until walrus proposes his mission. Once he has proposed his mission, mine is locked in.

I also request SILENCE as soon as twistedarcher posts the results of the vote on walrus' proposal, because no matter what the result is we will know who the players on the mission are.

Hmm... interesting. I think that mission is clean. Well, one spy. You. But now you've soft locked yourself into that I'm less sure. Maybe you and Yuma? You and Walrus perhaps, although I doubt he'd has passed M3. Maybe you are clean all along. That would possibly mean M3 was double spy. Or it could be Yuma, as Walrus/Mail-mi are thinking (well, Yuma/Lio is their thought but assuming Lio is town...). I'd really like Yuma to contribute more thoughts, I've found it hard to solidify an opinion on him for a while. Like...

I'll probably be rejecting your mission as I still kinda think you are a spy... so put whomever you want on it. I don't think I will be accepting it.

Sure, but other people might approve it. I think it has a decent chance to go through, unless all the spies vote it down (and if that happens it will hopefully make M5 easy to get right). And Yuma, you still never answered my question from way back when. In particular: Yuma, you proposed for M4.4 a team of Yuma, Tables, mail-mi, Jimmmmm. I wanted to know what you thought the spy team was, I assume you think it's the three you didn't pick i.e. Walrus, Chairs, Lio. If Walrus puts you on, then the four people are me, you, Walrus and Mail-mi - three of which you've implied you think are Resistance. So... why would you vote that down? And not to mention it would give final leadership to Lio, who just said he's going to put Walrus and himself on. That's TWO people you've implied you think are spies, compared to this mission's one.

You know what? I think I've just talked myself into thinking Yuma just scumslipped. Or at least, needs to provide an answer for what he's said and done over M4.3 and M4.4

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2013, 09:18:17 pm »

Yeah, okay, I'm really concerned about this now Yuma, I've looked back at the M4.2 vote (sorry, not M4.3, forgot there was a proposal in between lol) and I really need some answers to these questions:

1) When you proposed M4.2, did you think your proposal was your best bet at a clean mission? How confident were you that you had the right pick?

2) Do you think M3 was clean? If not, who do you think the spy/spies were?

3) What if anything has changed since M4.2 in your reads? i.e. what are you current reads? Why has this changed?

Honestly I'm not thinking this looks good for you, but I'd like to see your explanation before I jump to conclusions.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »

Yeah, okay, I'm really concerned about this now Yuma, I've looked back at the M4.2 vote (sorry, not M4.3, forgot there was a proposal in between lol) and I really need some answers to these questions:

1) When you proposed M4.2, did you think your proposal was your best bet at a clean mission? How confident were you that you had the right pick?

Best bet. Yes. That is why I proposed it. ~%55 confident

2) Do you think M3 was clean? If not, who do you think the spy/spies were?

I wondered a bit if there might be two spies on it and they both accepted. Maybe that is overthinking. I would say that if this were the case I would say Walrus is most likely, mail-mi next followed by you. But I again reiterate that I find it interesting that you have received no suspicion all game and are manipulating all of around your little fingers. But if that is the case, well done, and I guess we deserve to lose, so I am not even really considering it. But it is in the back of my mind.

3) What if anything has changed since M4.2 in your reads? i.e. what are you current reads? Why has this changed?

Nothing has changed I don't think. I am suspicious of walrus the most, mail-mi somewhat, liopoil somewhat and chairs a lot. I feel like I have said this before.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2013, 10:55:46 am »

All right. That's enough time.

I was hopeful that maybe this democratic mission would go through, but now I am not so confident. We already have claimed auto-rejects from lio and yuma, and who knows what chairs and Jimmmmm will do. Well, they do I guess.

yuma, thank you for responding, but I don't find your defense very compelling. It seems to me like you're annoyed by the attention and you're trying to shift the focus off of yourself. But I guess if you're not going to vote for this mission it doesn't really matter anyway.

I think lio's pre-locked mission is an interesting idea, and in general makes me feel somewhat better about him. That roster does seem reasonable, so hopefully the hammer wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it comes to that. My main concern is maybe this is a lio-scheme to make himself look super responsible and innocent, when he's actually setting up a double-spy mission and can pin it on someone else. However at this point I'll have to take that risk--I just wanted to voice my concern.

So let's try propose: WalrusMcFishSr Tables mail-mi liopoil

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2013, 10:59:53 am »

Sweet. I'm fairly confident that both my proposal and walrus' proposal are clean (clean meaning <2 spies).

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2013, 08:13:47 pm »

Mission 4, Proposal 4 has been proposed. Please send in your votes!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.