Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  All

Author Topic: Resistance VII: Avalon - Resistance Wins!  (Read 27900 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: Avalon II
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2013, 03:51:33 pm »

bump?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2013, 05:29:12 pm »

Got the final vote this afternoon, will update when I'm home :)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2013, 05:58:36 pm »

Mission 4 Proposal 1
Leader: Jimmmmm
Proposed Team: Jimmmmm, Tables, WalrusmcFishSr, Mail-mi
Votes
Accept: Jimmmm
Reject: Tables, Chairs, WalrusmcFishSr, Mail-mi, Yuma, Liopoil
Proposal is Rejected

Yuma has 24 hours to nominate a team of 4 players.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2013, 10:06:09 pm »

Wait what? So either you think there's one Spy among Tables/Walrus/mail-mi and they for some reason decided to succeed the mission and hope they could get another Spy on for the next one, or you think there's two or three Spies among them and they failed at coordinating. Two Fails are needed, remember.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »

Wait what? So either you think there's one Spy among Tables/Walrus/mail-mi and they for some reason decided to succeed the mission and hope they could get another Spy on for the next one, or you think there's two or three Spies among them and they failed at coordinating. Two Fails are needed, remember.
I think there's one spy among {Jimmmm}
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2013, 10:08:46 pm »

So who's the other one, Walrus or Tables?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2013, 10:13:46 pm »

Ditto. When I said last mission roster + X, X=Jimmmmm was not what I had its mind. I still believe the last mission was probably clean but better to be safe. Plus it was just the first proposal, no need to rush things.

It also looks like there's some consensus here lol
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2013, 10:28:04 pm »

Well it doesn't matter. If the previous Mission was clean we win anyway.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2013, 10:45:34 pm »

i wont be able to submit until i get home from work tomorrow. i want to at least think about this for a bit...

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2013, 10:50:27 pm »

Mmm... interesting. Everyone on the previous mission voted no, eh? That seems odd. But everyone off mission voted no as well. To blend in presumably in case it didn't go ahead, or because they were off mission rebels? But if everyone on mission was concerned and nobody wanted to vote it up... yeah, I think that fits my expected spy team of Jim+Lio+Chairs, which is what I expected before Jim's proposal. I guess that means Jim was probably bluffing? (Or he thinks he knows who Merlin is, possibly).

Also Jimm's reaction to it not going ahead seemed... pretty angry. Ehh. Dunno what to read about that.

PPE: I think M3+Yuma is very likely to succeed. I'm still concerned Mail-mi + Walrus might be a pair of spies (I did choose them over Lio+Jimmm partially to avoid possibility to co-ordinate) but after seeing posts in M4 I'm far more confident it's Jimm+Lio. I guess it could also be another pair (I think we've basically confirmed Chairs as a spy considering his inactivity here...) but those two seem by far the most likely to me.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2013, 10:59:31 pm »

Also Jimm's reaction to it not going ahead seemed... pretty angry. Ehh. Dunno what to read about that.

I just thought it was a no-brainer. Clean Mission + 1, 2 Fails required, done. No need to extend the Game any further and give the Spies any more clues. I suppose there could be 2 Spies on the Mission. If that's the case, it would be best to put the third one on as well I guess.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2013, 11:19:16 pm »

I just thought it was a no-brainer. Clean Mission + 1, 2 Fails required, done. No need to extend the Game any further and give the Spies any more clues. I suppose there could be 2 Spies on the Mission. If that's the case, it would be best to put the third one on as well I guess.

Oh. I forgot it was 2 fails required. Yeah, everyone on mission is clean, I should have thought that through. It would be cool if we got all the spies off mission though.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2013, 11:19:16 am »

Mmm... interesting. Everyone on the previous mission voted no, eh? That seems odd. But everyone off mission voted no as well. To blend in presumably in case it didn't go ahead, or because they were off mission rebels? But if everyone on mission was concerned and nobody wanted to vote it up... yeah, I think that fits my expected spy team of Jim+Lio+Chairs, which is what I expected before Jim's proposal. I guess that means Jim was probably bluffing? (Or he thinks he knows who Merlin is, possibly).

PPE: I think M3+Yuma is very likely to succeed. I'm still concerned Mail-mi + Walrus might be a pair of spies (I did choose them over Lio+Jimmm partially to avoid possibility to co-ordinate) but after seeing posts in M4 I'm far more confident it's Jimm+Lio. I guess it could also be another pair (I think we've basically confirmed Chairs as a spy considering his inactivity here...) but those two seem by far the most likely to me.

Heh.  My inactivity has to do with me still not understanding the rules when we're practically done with the game.  I should've watched another 2-3 of these.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »

Let's try

Propose: yuma, Tables, mail-mi, Jimmm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 08, 2013, 08:41:21 pm »

Well I guess this probably has only one Spy.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2013, 02:39:41 am »

Swapping on Jimmm worries me. Yuma, who do you think the spies are?
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »

Bumpski?
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2013, 10:52:33 pm »

4.2 has been proposed. Please get your votes in!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2013, 03:30:11 am »

Swapping on Jimmm worries me. Yuma, who do you think the spies are?

Still want an answer to this.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2013, 02:59:35 am »

Bump.

I saw a new comment for the topic "The Resistance: Avalon (Evil wins!)" and had a moment of confused panic.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2013, 10:46:29 am »

4.2 has been proposed. Please get your votes in!
Anyone with votes not in?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »

Yup. Still waiting. Someone hasn't been on the forums for a few days

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2013, 08:44:35 am »

Sorry. Internet problems and Yuma STILL didn't reply to that comment, so, ugh.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2013, 08:50:17 pm »

aaaand we're back!

Mission 4 Proposal 2
Leader: Yuma
Proposed Team: Yuma, Tables, mail-mi, Jimmmmm
Votes
Accept: Jimmmm, Chairs, Yuma
Reject: Tables, WalrusmcFishSr, Mail-mi, Liopoil
Proposal is Rejected

Chairs has 24 hours to nominate a team of 4 players.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2013, 08:56:45 pm »

O.o chairs accepted..... spyspyspyspyspy
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.