Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Resistance VII: Avalon - Resistance Wins!  (Read 27879 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: Avalon II
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2013, 12:27:40 am »

In short, Tables/liopoil/Jimmmmm is the way I would go.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2013, 12:29:40 am »

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2013, 12:31:01 am »

FoS: Walrus for species-confusion.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2013, 12:58:37 am »

For those who've played mafia or similar with Walrus before... is he usually this exciting? I'm currently rereading all of Walrus + Jimmmmm's posts, and it's like a kid in a candy store with Walrus. It's awesome, but I'm wondering if it's his usual playstyle.

Also rereading them, I feel Jimmmmm's play has been generally more solid overall, although he's experienced and Walrus isn't, so perhaps that's to be (more) expected. I'm still leaning a lot more towards Jimm due to personal reads on the two, even though two people are suggesting otherwise (well three if you include Walrus). I'm really unsure of which of those two to pick - or indeed, whether I should choose a different one out of Lio/Mail-mi/Yuma. Yuma's actually been quite quiet recently, so it'd be nice to hear from him as well. Both Mail-mi and Lio sound pretty unsure about him though, could be the spy among them buddying up with the popular suggestion or it could be both are resistance and suspect him both.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

NotAnAltAccount

• A really unique and distinct individual
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2013, 02:40:37 am »

Yeah I can vouch for Walrus, he's cool but a bit eccentric...I think he may suffer from multiple personality disorder.
"For real you guys"

ArthurKingOfTheBritons

• Your King and Protector
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2013, 03:07:44 am »

I, Arthur, King of the Britons, hereby declare mine utmost faith in Walrus, elder of the family McFish. His deeds are just and noble and verily he is the loyalest subject that e'er I have known.
So Sayeth Arthur, King of the Britons

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2013, 05:07:24 am »

Maybe stick to your main account?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2013, 05:08:10 am »

Okay, AKOTB is pretty funny.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2013, 07:35:08 am »

So if I'm gathering this right, Lio you're suggesting that you're leaning towards Yuma and Jimmm being spies (I guess you think Chairs is the third)? Or are you just not wanting Yuma on because it'd mean you wouldn't be?
well, I don't want yuma OR mail-mi on because I know at least one is spy. I think chairs is a spy, and that the third spy is in the group of {tables, walrus, jimmmm, yuma/mail-mi}. in that group, I'm really unsure which I'm the most suspicious of, but I lean walrus is more likely to be resistance than jimmmmm. I'm not sure that jimmm is more likely to be a spy than you, or that jimmm is more likely to be a spy than both yuma and mail-mi being a spy.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2013, 10:09:28 am »

For those who've played mafia or similar with Walrus before... is he usually this exciting? I'm currently rereading all of Walrus + Jimmmmm's posts, and it's like a kid in a candy store with Walrus. It's awesome, but I'm wondering if it's his usual playstyle.

Also rereading them, I feel Jimmmmm's play has been generally more solid overall, although he's experienced and Walrus isn't, so perhaps that's to be (more) expected. I'm still leaning a lot more towards Jimm due to personal reads on the two, even though two people are suggesting otherwise (well three if you include Walrus). I'm really unsure of which of those two to pick - or indeed, whether I should choose a different one out of Lio/Mail-mi/Yuma. Yuma's actually been quite quiet recently, so it'd be nice to hear from him as well. Both Mail-mi and Lio sound pretty unsure about him though, could be the spy among them buddying up with the popular suggestion or it could be both are resistance and suspect him both.
I will vouch for Walrus.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2013, 10:30:55 am »

please submit a mission by 8 pm tonight.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2013, 12:12:02 pm »

Can you prod Yuma? I really would like to at least hear his thoughts before I make the proposal.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2013, 12:20:14 pm »

Can you prod Yuma? I really would like to at least hear his thoughts before I make the proposal.

No prod necessary. I am here.

My thoughts? Sorry, didn't know you wanted anything from me up to this point.

Well, you should put me on the mission. Obviously not mail-mi or liopoil.

You aren't putting chairs on, I know that much and probably agree with it.

Jimmm and walrus is a toss up. I suspect walrus more from mostly early game stuff, but really I can't figure out a way to read just about anybody.

My only main concern is that you are a baddie and are just pretending to take an agonizingly long time to come to a decision in an attempt to look good. I don't know if that is a valid concern, but it is a concern nevertheless (and one I don't think has been voiced by anyone else at this point).

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2013, 12:37:37 pm »

Mission 3.5: Propose Tables, Mail-mi, Walrus

Radio Silence

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2013, 11:37:08 pm »

Mission 3, Proposal 5.

Proposed by: Tables
Team: Tables, Mail-mi, Walrus
Accept: Everyone
Reject: No one

Please send in your pass/fails.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2013, 10:53:54 am »

Mission 3, Proposal 5.
Leader: Tables
Team: Tables, mail-mi, WalrusmcFishSr
Results: pass, pass, pass.
Mission succeeds!

Jimm to nominate 4.1. Four players, two fails required.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:01:10 pm by Twistedarcher »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:23 am »

Well that was unexpected.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2013, 11:06:46 am »

wow. I did not expect that, but yay!. So from my perspective either:

- The spy team is yuma-jimmmmm-chairs - quite possible, but there are so many other spyteams there could be...
- The spy team is walrus-tables-yuma - unlikely, why would tables do this team, and unlikely both pass the mission.
- Mail-mi and Walrus are spies, and both passed - I doubt, I think mail-mi would fail it.
- Tables and mail-mi are spies, and both passed - I doubt tables would propose this, and think mail-mi would fail it.
- Mail-mi is a spy along with two of {Yuma, chairs, jimmmm} - I think mail-mi would fail this for sure. Really not worth it to slowplay here.
- Tables and Yuma are spies along with one of {chairs, Jimmmmm} - could be, but why did tables pass this?
- Walrus and Yuma are spies along with one of {chairs, Jimmmmm} - could be, but why did walrus pass this?

So a lot of possibilities, but most are unlikely. big resistance read on mail-mi, big spyread on yuma.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 04, 2013, 01:05:20 pm »

wow. I did not expect that, but yay!. So from my perspective either:

- The spy team is yuma-jimmmmm-chairs - quite possible, but there are so many other spyteams there could be...
- Mail-mi and Walrus are spies, and both passed - I doubt, I think mail-mi would fail it.

These were and still are the two possibilities I think it might be. I know I never mentioned that team explicitly as an option, so I just want to make it clear that it wasn't pulled out of the bag as some magic spy ploy:

Okay. Hmm... Here's what this all suggests to me:

If Lio (only) is a spy I suspect Jimm might be as well.
If Mail-mi (only) is a spy I suspect Jimm is clean and Walrus is more likely a spy.
If both are clean I'm very suspicious of Jimm.

I didn't mention it because I wanted to keep any possibility of co-operation impossible, but me + mail-mi + Walrus or me + Lio + Jimm were the main teams I was considering at that point, because I thought they were each either likely clean or likely double spy. It was win-win regardless of what I proposed.

So having said that, I AM still concerned this mission might be double spy, although given it did pass I'm considerably less concerned than I initially was. It's possible to just jump up and say "It's clean! Mission leader + those 3!", but that might end up getting a double fail, and that... puts us in a bad position for M5. It's also possible that an on mission spy was playing the deep game, putting on a pass, expecting that next mission to be those three + one and hoping the one would be a spy. That only really seems probable if Jimm + (mail-mi or Walrus) is a spy though, which I think is less likely.

So based on this my guess at the spy team would be Chairs + Jimmm + (Lio or Yuma), with Chairs + Mail-mi + Walrus still a significant second option in my head.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 04, 2013, 01:08:17 pm »

well, we can afford one spy on this mission. So how about we put one of mail-mi/walrus on (prefferably mail-mi for me), tables, liopoil, and Jimmmmm. (or yuma I guess, but I think he's a spy.)

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:06 pm »

Switching out two people from the previous mission sounds like a spy choice to me. Although I suppose it makes sense from your point of view. My preference would be for M3 +1 - I outlayed the risks above yeah, but I think it's the safest option overall. That said I think I could also get behind Tables + M2, since I'm now a lot more confident one of Walrus or Jimm is a spy and Chairs is the other. It guarantees one spy on mission, but I feel pretty good about there not being two.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2013, 02:50:38 pm »

Yeah man, IDK--I would have thought that if there were in fact a spy on this mission they would be eager to fail it, sow dissent and confusion, and bring the town to a must-pass situation. Not failing seems like it would have been a serious risk. I find all this "Oh I'm so surprised! Maybe we should shuffle things around a bit more" talk to be spy-ish. I think this past mission roster +1 is the safest way to go, although I recognize it's not 100%.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2013, 11:39:46 am »

Propose: Jimmmmm, Tables, mail-mi, Walrus

Easy done.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

Mission 4, Proposal 1 has been made. Please send in your votes!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2013, 12:47:55 pm »

Mmm... right now I'm about 50-60% confident that the three spies are Lio, Jimm and Chairs, based on recent posts and mission results. So this proposal is interesting. I guess spies can still win through assassination, but I dunno. I'm suddenly uncertain about this mission.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.