Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Resistance VII: Avalon - Resistance Wins!  (Read 27884 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: Avalon II
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:22 pm »

That was my next question as well.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2013, 02:59:51 pm »

let's see. I'm choosing myself, tables, and one other person. my options:

chairs
yuma
mail-mi
walrusmcfishsr
Jimmmm.

walrus already got rejected, one of mail-mi/yuma is a spy, and I suspect chairs.

Propose: Liopoil, Tables, Jimmmmm

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2013, 10:33:01 pm »

Mission 3, Proposal 3 has been proposed. Please send me your votes ASAP.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 30, 2013, 05:48:24 pm »

Mission 3 Proposal 3
Leader: Liopoil
Proposed Team: Liopoil, Tables, Jimmm
Votes
Accept: Liopoil, Jimmmm
Reject: Tables, Chairs, WalrusmcFishSr, Mail-mi, Yuma
Proposal is Rejected

mail-mi has 24 hours to nominate a team of 3 players.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2013, 05:57:17 pm »

yeah, tables has control of this one.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2013, 06:03:55 pm »

I'm thinking of proposing myself, Tables, and walrus. Chairs is a spy, don't want to put lio or Yuma on, and jimmmm is slightly more spy than tables and walrus.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2013, 09:20:43 pm »

I was very on the edge about voting yes or no to that one. On the one hand I felt pretty good about the mission - I'm feeling reasonably confident that it's clean, so that was a point for voting it up. But then it had the downside of giving me a not great proposal position for M4 and gave Chairs the hammer - and I could see how the voting went in the first place. I'm now leaning towards proposing that same thing, but we'll see how I feel when it gets around to M3.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »

that's totally a legit reason - especially because I believe it gives me the fifth proposal for M4 :)

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2013, 09:23:15 pm »

That is gets around to M3.5. I know it's Mail-mi's proposal now, but uh, I dunno. I'm leaning towards two of the M2 people being resistance because I had good reads on all of them, but picking 2/3 rebels from that will be tough (and heck it could be double spy anyway). It does depend on what mail-mi proposes though.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2013, 09:30:34 pm »

IDK, lio got a few scumpoints from me because of chairs' vote on 3.2. But then again, who knows what chairs was thinking.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2013, 09:43:14 pm »

Propose: mail-mi, Tables, Walrus.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »

Mission 3, Proposal 4 has been proposed. Please send in your votes.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2013, 11:18:12 pm »

Mission 3 Proposal 4
Leader: Mail-mi
Proposed Team: Mail-mi, Tables, Walrus
Votes
Accept: Mail-mi
Reject: Tables, Chairs, WalrusmcFishSr, Liopoil, Yuma, Jimmmmm
Proposal is Rejected

Tables has 24 hours to nominate a team of 3 players.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 02, 2013, 12:33:07 am »

Hmm, interesting. Walrus, why the reject?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 02, 2013, 02:31:25 am »

I have sort of a scummish feeling about mail-mi. Also, I wanted to see what you would do with the hammer.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 02, 2013, 08:33:01 am »

I already said what I was likely to do with the hammer, though. Me+Jimmm+Lio.

I'm looking over what people have said in the past though and now I'm actually leaning more towards Yuma from M2. I still like the fact he got vocal early in the game (actually as an aside, has anyone played Mafia with him? Is he willing to be loud even as scum?). But I also still like Mail-mi playing very differently to last game, and Lio for pointing it out very quickly, so it's a hard choice. But anyway, what do people think of me+Jimmm+Yuma? I'm actually pretty uncertain between Walrus and Jimmm as well, they both feel somewhat scummy to me, but I know at least one is very likely clean (and obviously I'm leaning towards Jimmm at the moment). My read on Chairs stays as it was.

Aah, my reads would be so much easier if I didn't know for certain one of the M2 people were dirty. Otherwise I'd just say us four are the rebels. They'd be wrong, but at least I'd feel confident about them :P.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:02 am »

I'm looking over what people have said in the past though and now I'm actually leaning more towards Yuma from M2. I still like the fact he got vocal early in the game (actually as an aside, has anyone played Mafia with him? Is he willing to be loud even as scum?). But I also still like Mail-mi playing very differently to last game, and Lio for pointing it out very quickly, so it's a hard choice. But anyway, what do people think of me+Jimmm+Yuma? I'm actually pretty uncertain between Walrus and Jimmm as well, they both feel somewhat scummy to me, but I know at least one is very likely clean (and obviously I'm leaning towards Jimmm at the moment). My read on Chairs stays as it was.

Aah, my reads would be so much easier if I didn't know for certain one of the M2 people were dirty. Otherwise I'd just say us four are the rebels. They'd be wrong, but at least I'd feel confident about them :P.

Apparently you don't even know what you're going to do with the hammer :P So I think that was a legitimate point. Mostly I just didn't trust mail-mi on that mission, I trust you more, but either way your pick would be informative at least.

I'm still feeling ok about Jimmmmm, but there's not a lot to go by. I told you lio's read got scummier for me after that chairs vote for him. Yuma I'm conflicted on, as it seems my initial impressions ran counter to most others'. But I guess I would support him over lio because of my current suspicion of lio, and to get a wider cross-range of information.

Obviously I would prefer a mission with me on it but I wasn't going to risk mail-mi sullying my good name in this instance.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »

no don't put yuma on!! he is certainly loud regardless of alignment in mafia, and has had quite a bit of success with that.

walrus and jimmm are pretty close, I'd probably actually go with walrus.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2013, 03:52:14 pm »

no don't put yuma on!! he is certainly loud regardless of alignment in mafia, and has had quite a bit of success with that.

I agree with this.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2013, 08:56:10 pm »

Hey, sorry for my lack of posting. I think Tables' suggestion is reasonable. Resistance read on him. Not too sure about liopoil, but then I don't know who I'd have instead.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2013, 11:25:41 pm »

...But I also still like Mail-mi playing very differently to last game, and Lio for pointing it out very quickly, so it's a hard choice. But anyway, what do people think of me+Jimmm+Yuma?

Apparently you don't even know what you're going to do with the hammer :P

Ah, touche. Well, yes, I was leaning one way, I leant another, but after...

I agree with this.

I'm leaning back to my initial plan. So if I'm gathering this right, Lio you're suggesting that you're leaning towards Yuma and Jimmm being spies (I guess you think Chairs is the third)? Or are you just not wanting Yuma on because it'd mean you wouldn't be? I'll going to go reconsider my thoughts on Yuma now, I think - I'm taking into mind the fact it's the two other people on the failed mission giving those statements, although I doubt they'd lie about something I could easily verify as false if either/both were spies.

Mail-mi: Could you confirm you're agreeing with BOTH statements Lio made or just one? I'm assuming both for now but you know.

Once again I'm leaning towards my initial proposal of Me+Jim+Lio, but if two people are suggesting Walrus over Jimm... I dunno. Well actually I'd just like to hear back from Mail-mi first.

Sorry for the delay in proposing this, but I think you'll all agree this is a pretty important mission, so I think the extra discussion and deadline-breaking is legitimate. But I suppose just to be official TA: I'm requesting a deadline extension, perhaps until Friday or tomorrow evening?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 02, 2013, 11:46:38 pm »

@Tables: Yes.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2013, 12:10:18 am »

Okay. Hmm... Here's what this all suggests to me:

If Lio (only) is a spy I suspect Jimm might be as well.
If Mail-mi (only) is a spy I suspect Jimm is clean and Walrus is more likely a spy.
If both are clean I'm very suspicious of Jimm.

Note none of these are certainties, just raised suspicions. Basically here's the reasoning:

If only Lio is a spy, then Lio suggesting he's more confident in Walrus than Jimm (now referred to as just '(the/a) suggestion') seems to make the most sense if Jimm is another spy and he wants a single spy mission - or perhaps it's hinting at who should play the fail (as remiss as I am to point out such a thing). The possibility exists that this is merely a bluff or the like, hence this only making me more suspicious of Jimm. Mail-mi's suggestion is reasonable regardless of loyalty.

If mail-mi is a spy, then the same kind of reasoning applies, but since mail-mi is off mission it's somewhat reversed. mail-mi is agreeing with Lio (clean in this hypothetical) to push a suggestion that puts a spy onto mission. So this proposal is clean, Walrus is dirty.

If neither are spies, then uhh well two rebels are supporting the change. And there's a good chance one of the two is Merlin, who obviously knows everything - although it could just be coincidence. Either way combine that with three people being clean in this scenario (me+Lio+Mail-mi) and two of those feeling strongly enough to make the suggestion to change my proposal makes it very likely Jimm is a spy.

I'm aware basically all of my deductions here only work for me knowing I'm clean, which is something a decent number of you don't know for certain. But I think my conclusions are somewhat decent. I'll take a little time to ponder on it and see if anyone has anything to add before making the proposal.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2013, 12:20:31 am »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2013, 12:27:13 am »

Here's what I'm thinking. For the sake of this mission I'm assuming Tables is Good since he has the hammer. I know I'm Good. If we assume for the moment that there was exactly one Spy on the previous mission, which is particularly likely if you believe that yuma is a Spy, then if Tables and I are Good then that leaves exactly three possible scumteams: chairs, Walrus and exactly one of yuma/liopoil/mail-mi. Out of lio and mail-mi I trust lio more. mail-mi agreeing with lio that Walrus should be on the Mission, knowing that mail-mi was not being suggested seems like it could have been an attempt to create some sort of consensus for getting Walrus on the Mission. Which makes sense from my point of view knowing that if Tables is Resistance then Walrus is likely to be a Spy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.