Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Resistance VII: Avalon - Resistance Wins!  (Read 27905 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: Avalon II
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2013, 12:39:25 am »

Boooooo. FoS on nkirbit for showing up right as the mission fails...there must be some sort of correlation :P

So anybody have anything to say about this? chairs in particular, before you make your proposal, do you want to explain why you endorsed this ill-fated mission?

Next question is, how many scum do we think were on the mission? If there were more than one, would we expected to have seen multiple Fails? It would seem like sort of a dangerous Scummy Prisoner's Dilemma, where one passing, one failing would be the optimal situation, both failing would be less than ideal, and both passing would be even worse. I don't know if one could risk passing in such a situation and risk a double-pass if there's no prior communication. I was thinking that it might be possible that yuma is scum and proposes the mission with another scum on it, and that's some sort of scum secret code like, "Oh I propose the mission, so I'm gonna pass it, and you do the fail." Or vice versa. Maybe that's completely wrong or paranoid though.

And then the most important question, whom do we think is scum? Well lio was on the first passing team, but of course that doesn't mean much. It could be any of them, but you know that mail-mi and especially yuma are likely candidates in my mind. Not just for this mission, but I also found yuma's behavior to be somewhat questionable in attacking Tables after he overstated his suspicion of me. Despite him putting me in the spotlight, I found Tables' actions to be more reasonable than yuma's.

In conclusion, I repeat once more: boooooo.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2013, 04:20:50 am »

That's unfortunate, but with me off mission, I figured it was probable. Was kind of hoping for two fails, but oh well. Even if spies play randomly in that's only a 50/50 shot (assuming there weren't THREE spies on mission...).

If there were two spies, I kind of expect it was Lio+Mail-mi. I doubt Yuma would willingly put two spies on mission, but it's definitely possible. If there was only one, then it could reasonably be anyone.

Major FoS on Chairs for voting that up. From a rebel PoV I don't think it makes sense. He had the next proposal and could have put himself on, so even if he trusted everyone on mission, he would have had almost no reason to vote no. As a spy, he would have known he could get a fail either way, so voting yes is more reasonable. I think that yes vote was essentially a slip.

I need to go out now, but I'm still going to have to look back at the three people on mission and see if there's any sign of communication (especially from Yuma since he was mission leader), which might be an indicator there were two spies on mission.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2013, 10:25:49 am »

I didn't thinki got to propose another mission,how do you determine that?  And I really thought this one would go through fine,  as I thought that you were a spy trying to cast doubt on the mission team listed to geta chance to be in one and fail it.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2013, 11:14:21 am »

I didn't thinki got to propose another mission,how do you determine that?

What?
And I really thought this one would go through fine,

So you really thought you, Yuma, Lio, Mail-mi were the four rebels and me, Walrus and Jimmm were the three spies? What made you confident in that?

as I thought that you were a spy trying to cast doubt on the mission team listed to geta chance to be in one and fail it.

What?
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2013, 08:18:59 pm »

I didn't thinki got to propose another mission,how do you determine that?

What?

So you really thought you, Yuma, Lio, Mail-mi were the four rebels and me, Walrus and Jimmm were the three spies? What made you confident in that?

as I thought that you were a spy trying to cast doubt on the mission team listed to geta chance to be in one and fail it.

What?

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2013, 08:23:46 pm »

Quote from: Tables

This is a good point. Its almost as if he knew that one of his spy buddies would be on-mission. I have a spy read on chairs. And of course one of liopoil/Yuma is a spy, and then one of Jimmm/Tables/walrus is.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2013, 08:45:07 pm »

dang, sorry guys. Should not have approved that, should have waited for my own proposal. Whatever I ended up proposing would likely fail anyway (It would have had at least one of mail-mi/yuma on it), but still.

Anyway, I'd like it if none of chairs, mail-mi, or yuma were on the mission, and that tables is on the mission. I'd like to be on the mission too, but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen.

though putting none of the people who were on mission 2 on mission 3 is dangerous. if there was only 1 spy on mission 2 then it can't be spy-free.

I think it's quite possible there are two spies on that mission. everyone knows that if two spies are on a mission, and mail-mi is one of them, he will fail it and the other will pass it, because that's how it's gone both of the past two games.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2013, 08:48:48 pm »

lio, what do you think of chairs?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2013, 08:55:23 pm »

I suspect him for that vote, yes, thought I said that in that last post, guess not.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:02 pm »

Chairs, please nominate a team of 3 players.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2013, 12:16:47 am »

Oh it's my turn..

propose: chairs tables walrus

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »

Mission 3, Proposal 1 has been made. Please send in your pass/fails by 1 am tomorrow.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2013, 11:09:40 pm »

Still waiting for votes.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2013, 06:44:03 pm »

Mission 3 Proposal 1
Leader: Chairs
Proposed Team: Chairs, Tables, WalrusMcFishSr
Votes
Accept: No one
Reject: Everyone
Proposal is Rejected

WalrusmcFishSr has 24 hours to nominate a team of 3 players.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2013, 07:26:58 pm »

Haha, resounding support for that proposal eh? Chairs, why not vote for your own mission? Your behavior is seeming slightly irrational to me.

I will Propose: Tables, liopoil, and WalrusMcFishSr
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2013, 07:39:04 pm »

MIssion 3, Proposal 2 has been proposed. Please send in your votes by 7:30 PM Friday.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2013, 08:14:52 pm »

So, you think Lio was the most likely clean person on mission? Hmm... or your reads just haven't changed much? I suppose that's fair. It makes sense to include at least one person on mission, I'm still very uncertain about who it should be. I've had a decent read on all three of them in the past (before M2 they'd have been my top three townreads, I think), but obviously one of them is a spy, and possibly two.

Right now I kind of have three fuzzy categories in my head, which I think there's a spy in each of:
{Chairs}
{Lio, Mail-mi, Yuma}
{Walrus, Jimmmmmm}

Obviously the middle one I know for certain there's a spy in. I'm not certain of Chairs, though, but I certainly don't want to see him on M3, and if that passes not on M4 either. If it fails... hopefully the new information will shed more light on his alignment.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2013, 08:39:48 pm »

Well, maybe...I mean I was mostly going by the fact that you and lio passed the first mission, and I had good leads on both of you anyway. If the mission were to fail, I would have to reevaluate naturally.

My strongest scum reads currently are chairs and yuma. mail-mi or Jimmmmm I'm not as confident. But I thought this was a reasonable proposal for now.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2013, 10:26:44 pm »

This is the two people on the last mission, minus me. I know it's going to fail if it goes through, so you know my vote.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2013, 10:50:01 pm »

Umm, it's not, is it? Last mission was you, lio, and yuma; this is me, lio, and Tables. That's 2 substitutions.

Why are you so sure of failure?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:59 pm »

Umm, it's not, is it? Last mission was you, lio, and yuma; this is me, lio, and Tables. That's 2 substitutions.

Why are you so sure of failure?
Oh. I thought it was me-lio-tables last time. Oops. Still don't trust this mission very much.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2013, 10:00:12 am »

Well, maybe...I mean I was mostly going by the fact that you and lio passed the first mission, and I had good leads on both of you anyway. If the mission were to fail, I would have to reevaluate naturally.

My strongest scum reads currently are chairs and yuma. mail-mi or Jimmmmm I'm not as confident. But I thought this was a reasonable proposal for now.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it's a perfectly reasonable proposal to make, but that doesn't mean I'm confident it's clean.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2013, 10:48:22 am »

Mission 3 Proposal 2
Leader: WalrusmcFishSr
Proposed Team: Liopoil, Tables, WalrusMcFishSr
Votes
Accept: WalrusMcFishSr, Liopoil, Chairs
Reject: Tables, Jimmmmm, Mail-mi, Yuma
Proposal is Rejected

Liopoil has 24 hours to nominate a team of 3 players.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:08 am »

Interesting.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:43 am »

chairs, why the accept?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.