Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Drawing Clarification  (Read 3328 times)

Mecherath

• Baron
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Drawing Clarification
« on: August 28, 2013, 09:20:41 am »

This question has confused me a little playing with just Echoes, but I expect it would get even worse when I pick up Figures and eventually Cities. I read the rules a few times and cruised the forums a bit and didn't see an answer, so apologies if this is a duplicate question.

When drawing multiple cards, but not putting them in your hand (i.e. draw and tuck, draw and meld, or draw and score), do you draw them all at once, or individually?

That is, if I have only Base cards in hand and I'm instructed to draw and score 3 cards, do I draw and score each one at a time (meaning I'd score 3 Echoes)? Or do I draw the Echoes, and then since I have one now, draw 2 base (meaning I'd score 1 Echoes and 2 Base)?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing Clarification
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:37:55 am »

This question has confused me a little playing with just Echoes, but I expect it would get even worse when I pick up Figures and eventually Cities. I read the rules a few times and cruised the forums a bit and didn't see an answer, so apologies if this is a duplicate question.

When drawing multiple cards, but not putting them in your hand (i.e. draw and tuck, draw and meld, or draw and score), do you draw them all at once, or individually?

That is, if I have only Base cards in hand and I'm instructed to draw and score 3 cards, do I draw and score each one at a time (meaning I'd score 3 Echoes)? Or do I draw the Echoes, and then since I have one now, draw 2 base (meaning I'd score 1 Echoes and 2 Base)?

The bold one.  Drawing in Innovation is not atomic.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Mecherath

• Baron
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:39:21 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply! That was my original thought, but when I found myself drawing and scoring a bunch of Echoes Age 2 at once, I was sad that I wasn't burning through the Base cards to get the game to Age 3 sooner.

Guess it's just one more thing to consider when you do big draw and X actions. :)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:44:05 pm »

However, if you're just instructed to draw however many cards without scoring/tucking/whatever them, you will still wind up doing the checks for each set - so if you use Physics in a B+E game with no cards in hand, the three cards you draw will be Base, Echoes, Base in that order.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.