Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: GokoDom II: Round 3 Discussion Thread  (Read 27454 times)

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
Re: GokoDom II: Round 3 Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2013, 08:34:03 am »

But let's go back to game 2. I know during the game I really felt it was bad luck - and really, yes, I underestimate the spy attack, I am sure. And I am sure there is some perception bias, I notice every little thing that goes wrong for me. I *still* think I got somewhat unlucky, but okay, maybe this is 40% luck

I can totally understand that you felt unlucky with my knight attacks. during the game i had the feeling myself, that i got very lucky in almost always hitting your good stuff. I expected fortress to show up at lest at some points, but it didn't.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2013, 01:11:43 pm »

But the thing is, I find more and more with the knights that 'buy all the knights first to try to eat their deck and make sure yours doesn't get eaten, do other stuff later' is actually not all that good of a strategy - you generally want to build your engine first, and THEN maybe attack them. Maybe I'm wrong with that, but it's the conclusion I am more and more coming towards.

I don't agree, mostly because you actually need to get as many Knights as your opponent (more, preferably) to stand a chance. Just draining the Knights pile is--perhaps regrettably--pretty strong most of the time.

I would have stopped to build your engine a little bit, so you can play more Knights (lots of Fortresses on $4, and a Council Room), but then really hit those Knights. I could be wrong, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2013, 08:33:53 pm »

Pairings are up for Round 4!  I'll be posting the actual threads shortly, but feel free to get started messaging your opponents.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 20 queries.