Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Asper's Cards  (Read 325025 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
Re: Asper's Cards
« Reply #775 on: February 24, 2017, 07:44:00 pm »

Just realized that probably Equality will have to say "Setup" and mention you do this before drawing your starting hand. I'll fix it when I fix Exile.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 25, 2017, 11:24:41 pm »

Just playtested the Treasure version of Investment. Nope. Just nope. I don't even think it would have mattered whether it was an Action, as I just played it, paid of part of the tokens, repeated that and bought Provinces. It was awful. I played absolutely horrible, made several dumb decisions and still won. So, guess what goes to outtakes...

Nflickner

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 26, 2017, 12:43:00 am »
+1

Just playtested the Treasure version of Investment. Nope. Just nope. I don't even think it would have mattered whether it was an Action, as I just played it, paid of part of the tokens, repeated that and bought Provinces. It was awful. I played absolutely horrible, made several dumb decisions and still won. So, guess what goes to outtakes...

What if it was 2 coin tokens and 2 debt instead?

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 26, 2017, 09:12:41 am »

What if it was 2 coin tokens and 2 debt instead?

You can try it out if you like. I don't feel like it for now. Maybe I'll give it another shot in the future, like with Heir. To me, it looks like the concept itself is the problem - the card actively discourages getting any cards this turn.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 26, 2017, 04:00:41 pm »
+1

Here's the changes to the edicts:

Also, I altered the image on Restore from the Seasons thread. Co0kieL0rd isn't around anymore, so I still can't make "official" announcements about the state of Seasons, but I felt I could still try to fix some remaining issues up a bit. In this case, it's the historical art that didn't really do it for me.

I actually also tried out another color scheme for Season cards, even though I'm far from willing to re-do all of them right now...

Any opinions on this?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 26, 2017, 04:34:56 pm »
+1

I prefer the new colour scheme, but redoing all the cards seems annoying. Why did you also make the text box lighter?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 26, 2017, 06:27:35 pm »
+1

I prefer the new colour scheme, but redoing all the cards seems annoying. Why did you also make the text box lighter?

It just seems lighter because the old one is darker. It's not actually lighter than the standard color, methinks.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 26, 2017, 06:53:03 pm »
+2

So, I decided to change Blessing to be an Edict. I was proud of the Event version, but this one has the advantage that no one can complain about order issues ("You already spent your buy on Silver!").

Also, I'm updating the OP, including the TTS template, atm.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 26, 2017, 09:32:31 pm »
+2

It just seems lighter because the old one is darker. It's not actually lighter than the standard color, methinks.
I know it could be an optical illusion, but on close inspection, I'm pretty sure the new text box doesn't have the same level of pink tint that the old one did.  I'm not sure which version I like better.  I'm kind of partial to the old one because I've already printed out some of the old cards :)  But the new one is nice.  I think I would like the new one the best if it had a pinker tint to the text box. 

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 26, 2017, 11:43:14 pm »
+2

I know it could be an optical illusion, but on close inspection, I'm pretty sure the new text box doesn't have the same level of pink tint that the old one did.  I'm not sure which version I like better.  I'm kind of partial to the old one because I've already printed out some of the old cards :)  But the new one is nice.  I think I would like the new one the best if it had a pinker tint to the text box.
Yes, the tint is a bit different, I didn't deny that. I thought pacovf meant that I brightened the pink up in comparison to the standard color. If you're talking about the old text box color, it is indeed brighter.

The reason I wanted to change it was that with the official types, it's the banners that are more colorful than the text box. With the old design, it was the other way around, which made the cards look a bit atypical at the very least.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 27, 2017, 08:36:14 am »
+1

I like the old seasons template, and dislike the new one.

I don't like the changes to Blessing, an Event seemed so much better.

Can I have the edicts template please  :)?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 27, 2017, 08:57:29 am »
+1

Can you give any reason why you don't like the new Blessing?

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 27, 2017, 09:09:16 am »
+2

So, I decided to change Blessing to be an Edict. I was proud of the Event version, but this one has the advantage that no one can complain about order issues ("You already spent your buy on Silver!").

If blessing gave a +Buy, than I like the edict more.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:22 am »
+1

Seems messier. I feel like people will forget it way more actually. They will just discard their hand and not realize since that's what they usually do. If it was "Once per turn, you may trash a card from your hand" I'd love it. It can't be implimented as an Event for starters, and allowing trashing mid action phase seems cool, and since you can do it anytime it seems easier to remeber.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 27, 2017, 11:06:37 am »
+2

Seems messier. I feel like people will forget it way more actually. They will just discard their hand and not realize since that's what they usually do. If it was "Once per turn, you may trash a card from your hand" I'd love it. It can't be implimented as an Event for starters, and allowing trashing mid action phase seems cool, and since you can do it anytime it seems easier to remeber.

Anytime also means you have to remember for our entire turn whether you already did it. Also, Tactician aside, you usually have most cards in your hand at the end of the turn, making it not particularly useful to trash in the middle. Some Dark Ages interaction, but that's it. Not worth the trouble in my opinion. From my playing experience with the Event, you usually think of the trashing last. It'll be either this or the Event version, but nothing with a wide, turn-spanning trigger. Of course, one could do such an Edict, but trashing doesn't look like it really benefits from it to me.

If blessing gave a +Buy, than I like the edict more.
It did. It was "Once per turn: +1 Buy, trash a card from your hand." for 0$. It had no issues, but as I think 12 Edicts are quite enough as proof-of-concept, I could also do some that only slightly benefit from it (like Arena does).

Here's another one that doesn't work as an Event:

Edit: Probably this can do without the "before drawing starting hands" section. I put it there because of Equality. Which is totally pointless, now that I think of it.
Edit: Also, I'll try to upload and link the template later today. Maybe I'll put it in the OP so people actually have to look at that from time to time ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:22:48 pm by Asper »

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 27, 2017, 12:17:14 pm »
+1

Two things--love the edicts, want mooooooaoaar!!!!!  Like blessing as edict. 
Also, I like looking at OP.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 27, 2017, 03:43:50 pm »

love the edicts, want mooooooaoaar!!!!!

Okay, you asked for it:

You did ask for this one, didn't you? I think somebody did. Glad to deliver. Also, I'm uploading the template right now.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 27, 2017, 03:53:46 pm »
+2

Okay, you asked for it:

You did ask for this one, didn't you? I think somebody did. Glad to deliver. Also, I'm uploading the template right now.

I don't think this one can work. Imagine a game with Mountebank and no trashers. Yikes. Maybe change it to 5 empty piles instead?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 27, 2017, 03:58:33 pm »
+1

Okay, you asked for it:

I don't think this one can work. Imagine a game with Mountebank and no trashers. Yikes. Maybe change it to 5 empty piles instead?

I agree.  I think 5 empty piles is better. 

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 27, 2017, 04:06:14 pm »
+3

Hum, you're probably right, guys. Maybe 5 is already too much.

How about "The game does not end on 3 supply piles being empty, but on 4 or more."
Sure this has no effect on 5+ player games, but those are too long already.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:17:35 pm by Asper »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 27, 2017, 04:32:36 pm »
+1

Or maybe make it so that the game only ends on piles if the Curse pile is also empty?

4 or more piles seems reasonable, I guess it only depends on how game warping you want it to be.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 27, 2017, 04:48:57 pm »
+1

Or maybe make it so that the game only ends on piles if the Curse pile is also empty?

4 or more piles seems reasonable, I guess it only depends on how game warping you want it to be.

That's not bad, either. For now I think I'm going to go with the one above, however.

About the template, I'm sorry, but it appears I consistently lose connection when trying to upload it. I'll try again tomorrow.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2017, 09:27:31 am »
+4

Here's the edict template.
Keep in mind that 88% of the retail generated with Edicts go to Asper Corp.
Terms and conditions apply.

~ Everything's great thanks to Asper Corp.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
Asper's Magical Seasonal Vanilla Tour
« Reply #798 on: March 06, 2017, 09:48:55 pm »
+6

Some simple stuff today:

And some magic, too:

Next, an Event:

And because it stole the art from Restore, that got another one yet:

Then, 2 more Season cards revisited:

And finally, as you can never have too many Season cards:

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 07, 2017, 07:16:50 am »
+2

What is a spell?
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.