Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: rrenaud is getting married!  (Read 8066 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
rrenaud is getting married!
« on: August 23, 2013, 07:49:30 pm »
+13

In approximately 24 hours. Please post your well wishes here, and if it is convincing enough I'll work it into the best man speech. No promises.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: rrenaud is getting married!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 08:16:03 pm »

Congrats!!!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:32:20 pm »
+3

Congrats man!

I'm plunging into marriage just 3 weeks behind you!

Ed

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 08:37:13 pm »

Congratulations! You are getting married at approximately the same time as my cross-country coach's daughter.

Arya Stark

• Navigator
  • the things i do for dominion.....
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 08:40:50 pm »

Congrats rrenaud!! About time!  ;D cheers

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51:34 pm »
+2

Congratulations! You are getting married at approximately the same time as my cross-country coach's daughter.

Is rrenaud's father-in-law-to-be a cross-country coach?
Well you *do* need a signature...

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 08:58:58 pm »
+7

Going to the

and we're gonna to get married!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »
+4

I don't think I know rrenaud that well, certainly not enough to be part of a speech at his wedding.

What's funny is that just the other night I had a dream that my roommate got married without inviting me to the wedding.  Which is probably not actually a coincidence cause weddings happen all the time, I really just don't pay that much attention to them.  I am still a single bachelor that ruins first dates using Dominion (just kidding) (no one would do that right) (actually not just kidding I brought Ambassador pong to a first date.  I am a Scout tier courtshipper.  Please don't post this on my facebook)

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 09:31:30 pm »
+15

theory -- you should totally work as many dominion card names into the speech as possible without being obvious.

then post text here for laughs.

c'mon... I know it's nerdy, but it is win/win.  You don't have to be obvious about it.  I'm sure no one at that feast will notice, unless they're in the know.  8)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 10:24:21 pm »

Congratulations!!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 10:38:15 pm »

Congratulations!

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 11:25:07 pm »
+43

theory -- you should totally work as many dominion card names into the speech as possible without being obvious.

c'mon... I know it's nerdy, but it is win/win.  You don't have to be obvious about it.  I'm sure no one at that feast will notice, unless they're in the know.  8)

Earlier today, as rrenaud and [wife] stood on the altar of the chapel, we witnessed the crossroads of two lives. The bishop said the words to join them, to remake them, forge them into one in a ceremony which stands as a monument to their love. I was moved by the tear in his eye as rrenaud first saw his bride-to-be during the procession and I knew he meant it when he vowed ‘I am forever yours and you are forever mine.’ Of course he was smart to lock [wife] down as she is quite the upgrade on what he deserves, and I'm sure he'd curse his luck if she got away. We’re still not sure why [wife] said yes to a bazaar urchin like rrenaud, but he somehow found the secret chambers of her heart and like a thief, stole it away. Now she is forever his princess. Though if I had to venture a guess, I think she just felt sorry for him. [pause for laughter] But I suppose there is something storybook about their love. It’s a familiar refrain that we’ve all heard before, but that doesn't make it any less golden. And though these two adventurers have shared so much, they will continue to develop this masterpiece of love.

Now I have the honor of heralding in the happy couple. So, as a trusted adviser of rrenaud’s, let me give you some sage advice: [wife], count on rrenaud and rrenaud, lookout for [wife] as you are now in possession of each other’s hearts and you should each be a safe haven for the other. I know you’re all eager to begin the feast in this great hall so before I rabble on too much, let us share this short tribute to the new couple. [raise glass] We are all wishing well for your new life together. Best of luck!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 12:06:32 am »
+2

Earlier today, as rrenaud and [wife] stood on the altar of the chapel, we witnessed the crossroads of two lives. The bishop said the words to join them, to remake them, forge them into one in a ceremony which stands as a monument to their love. I was moved by the tear in his eye as rrenaud first saw his bride-to-be during the procession and I knew he meant it when he vowed ‘I am forever yours and you are forever mine.’ Of course he was smart to lock [wife] down as she is quite the upgrade on what he deserves, and I'm sure he'd curse his luck if she got away. We’re still not sure why [wife] said yes to a bazaar urchin like rrenaud, but he somehow found the secret chambers of her heart and like a thief, stole it away. Now she is forever his princess. Though if I had to venture a guess, I think she just felt sorry for him. [pause for laughter] But I suppose there is something storybook about their love. It’s a familiar refrain that we’ve all heard before, but that doesn't make it any less golden. And though these two adventurers have shared so much, they will continue to develop this masterpiece of love.

Now I have the honor of heralding in the happy couple. So, as a trusted adviser of rrenaud’s, let me give you some sage advice: [wife], count on rrenaud and rrenaud, lookout for [wife] as you are now in possession of each other’s hearts and you should each be a safe haven for the other. I know you’re all eager to begin the feast in this great hall so before I rabble on too much, let us share this short tribute to the new couple. [raise glass] We are all wishing well for your new life together. Best of luck!
There is so much more win then can reasonably be expressed in a single +1
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 03:27:12 am »
+1

I'm quite sure there need to be a Council Room in that at almost any costs.

Anyway, congratuations...

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 06:15:29 am »

Congraulations! Are they going anywhere nice for their honeymoon?

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:23 am »
+2

Of course he was smart to lock [wife] down as she is quite the upgrade on what he deserves, and I'm sure he'd curse his luck if she got away.

Of course, he was smart enough not to Trader away for [horrible ex] as she is quite the Upgrade on what he deserves....

--

While this is fun, I kind of have a pet peeve about people at weddings saying one party is too good for the other.  :P Hopefully, they are just right for each other.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:35 am »
+8

Wow.  I will most definitely Swindle (at least a part of) this Masterpiece for my own use. 

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 12:18:19 pm »
+2

‘I am forever yours and you are forever mine.’
This alone deserves a +1. Actually, I'm just going to find another one of your posts to +1 for the rest.

EDIT: And rrenaud: gl hf!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »
+14

‘I am forever yours and you are forever mint.’

ftfy

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 12:53:36 pm »
+4

Just remembered this: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/807953/how-i-proposed-using-dominion

My best wishes to rrenaud and his wife.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 04:02:36 pm »
+1

We are all wishing well for your new life together. Best of luck!

This is the kind of comedy i love. I don't usually +1 several posts for one brilliant idea, but this masterpiece deserves it.

Also i congratulate rrenaud on his... good match :)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +234
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 05:26:50 pm »

Congrats! Hope you two have a happier than ever life together!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 10:05:30 pm »

If anybody in the wedding party or the family shares a name with one of the Knights, you could probably work that in as well.

Congrats rrenaud!  May you and your soon-to-be wife rejoice in your shared victory.

Edit: also consider if you can mention any anecdotes set on the Seaside.  Consider discussing the Cornucopia of happy memories they already share, and the many more they will Gain.  If the couple had previously gone through a rough patch, you could mention how they persevered through those Dark Ages.  Wish them Prosperity.

Edit again: oh wait, it's probably already happened. :P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:10:24 pm by eHalcyon »

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 01:34:02 pm »

I'm surprised that there was not a remark about how the Great Hall was also decked out in Copper, Silver, and Gold... while the new father-in-law paid for it all on his Platinum credit card after having to sell off most of his Estate.

Congrats rrenaud, may marriage be the Haven you desire, and may you spend your honeymoon in another Province in some secluded Fishing Village or Wharf.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »
+1

So, what did you end up saying?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.