Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: huh, Software is kinda dangerous  (Read 2247 times)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
huh, Software is kinda dangerous
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:00:59 am »

This was a game between me and huh.  I dogma Software which melds Globalization and dogmas Robotics which melds AI for the auto loss :(.  I think this happens fairly often, but its pretty frustrating when you are in a strong position.

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201308/21/game-20130821-215013-07169367.html

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: huh, Software is kinda dangerous
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:31:32 pm »

Believe it or not, in my experience in practice, the vast majority of A.I. victories are suicides.

I used to hate it, and I still hate it in the sense that, man, that is not a very satisfying way to lose your second or third time playing Innovation and not even knowing A.I. was in there.  But when A.I. in there it actually adds a little bit of thought to the game.  You have to decide if you have enough control over the game to not dogma Software, Robotics, or Computers and risk A.I.  If you can secure a win without doing so you dodge that bullet.  Sometimes your opponent threatens enough achievements that you have to dogma Software, Robotics, or Computers for the raw power it will give you most of the time.

It also adds some interesting benefit to learning where AI is actually located in the deck, whether you do that by Miniaturization or Tuning fork, or Clock*

*isotropic clock doesn't reveal the 10's to both players, this is one reason it really should.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.46 seconds with 20 queries.