Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  All

Author Topic: Survivor  (Read 66666 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor
« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2014, 09:22:52 am »

Who is going to vote for Baylor, other than her mom? I think she has an excellent chance of getting dragged to the end as a goat and receiving no votes (other than her mom's).

Oh I'm not saying she has a chance of winning, just that she's the one I'm rooting for.
Oh, right. She is cute!

So, Wes, Alec and Keith are a tight trio. Baylor and Missy are inseparable, as are Jon and Jacelyn, and Reed and Natalie are the swing votes with no alliance. Shouldn't Missy just team up with Reed and Natalie, or even the guys, to vote out Jon here? The three meatheads aren't going to vote with Jon and Jacelyn, they hate them for flipping on them. Natalie hates them for flipping on her. I know Jon is getting a strong edit and all, but I don't think his position is good at all here.

Are we marching towards a Missy win? Honestly, somehow the meatheads are in the best position now, but I just don't see any of them winning because they are such dumb dumbs. They do have the numbers now, and if Missy orchestrates a Jon vote out next episode, she might have a hard time convincing Jacelyn to work with her (not that she is going to want to go with the meat heads either).

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #251 on: November 20, 2014, 09:30:58 am »
+1

Who is going to vote for Baylor, other than her mom? I think she has an excellent chance of getting dragged to the end as a goat and receiving no votes (other than her mom's).

Oh I'm not saying she has a chance of winning, just that she's the one I'm rooting for.
Oh, right. She is cute!

I mean, I guess? I'm not rooting for her because of looks, though. If I was rooting for people based on looks I would have stopped watching the season when Josh got voted out :P

I like Baylor because she seems like a real person -- I believe she applied for the show and she wasn't cast because of some silly gimmick role she was supposed to fill.

John Rocker and Julie -- John Rocker
Jeremy and Val -- Police/Firefighter
Keith and Wes -- Keith is a firefighter
Jon and Jaclyn -- Football player/pageant girl
Alec and Whatshisface -- Whatshisface is a model
Nadiya and Natalie -- Amazing Race

I like to hold out hope that maybe I can get cast on the show just by being a fan of the show and good television, and not because of some interesting job I have (because my job is not interesting).
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2014, 09:31:59 am »

I think reed has the best shot

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2014, 09:56:18 am »

I think reed has the best shot
He was hands down the biggest winner of the Jeremy boot.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 20, 2014, 03:49:12 pm »

Oh, right. She is cute!

I mean, I guess? I'm not rooting for her because of looks, though. If I was rooting for people based on looks I would have stopped watching the season when Josh got voted out :P

I like Baylor because she seems like a real person -- I believe she applied for the show and she wasn't cast because of some silly gimmick role she was supposed to fill.

John Rocker and Julie -- John Rocker
Jeremy and Val -- Police/Firefighter
Keith and Wes -- Keith is a firefighter
Jon and Jaclyn -- Football player/pageant girl
Alec and Whatshisface -- Whatshisface is a model
Nadiya and Natalie -- Amazing Race

I like to hold out hope that maybe I can get cast on the show just by being a fan of the show and good television, and not because of some interesting job I have (because my job is not interesting).
Baylor is filling a role as much as the others you listed. All the seasons have young, pretty girls. Baylor is somewhat different because she is actually trying to play hard and not just coasting along though, I really like that. She reminds me a bit of Ciera from the previous BvW season.

I think you are also selling Jeremy short there. I'm sure they didn't just cast three firefighters because they need firefighters in the show. Both Val and Jeremy had been fans of the game for a long time, and Jeremy gave just elite confessional material, which I'm sure was obvious from very early on in the casting. Wes and Keith probably got in because Keith is a goofball, and they want some older people on the show as well. You can't deny that the Twinnies are big characters and interesting, love them or hate them. I have absolutely no idea why Alec and Drew got casted, probably because they are so delusional and vaguely interesting in their idiocy? The Julie casting is really annoying. I mean, I get that Rocker is famous and makes for entertaining tv, but they must have seen how suspect Julie is for quitting if anything goes wrong, or even if it doesn't.. weather wise, this has been one of the easiest seasons ever and her position in the game at the time of the quit was very much ok.

I'm still holding out hope for an exciting finish. I've long gone abandonded expectations of masterful play, but it's pretty great that most of the people seem to have a legitimate chance of winning at F9. It isn't the case often.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2014, 02:27:35 pm »

Caught up. That was legitimately shocking... I think, because it made no sense for the people who did it. I get that Jon and Jackie were concerned that Jeremy was on to them about the idol, but surely they should have waited a couple episodes to pull this move. What's their alliance now? Just four people if they've lot Natalie. In fact, Natalie can and should join Reed, Wes, Keith, and Alec. They have a majority!

I'm not sure why Missy and Baylor went along with that. They were in prime position to play spoiler when it came down to Jeremy and Natalie vs. Jon and Jackie. Now they are in a minority, and they have very little wiggle room.

Jon and Jackie have been making smart moves. This would have been a smart move a couple days later, but they pulled the trigger way too soon. Natalie and Reed should be competent enough to orchestrate revenge of the Gross Guys Alliance. I'll even be rooting for that, as long as one of the gross guys doesn't actually win.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2014, 12:10:52 am »

Caught up. That was legitimately shocking... I think, because it made no sense for the people who did it. I get that Jon and Jackie were concerned that Jeremy was on to them about the idol, but surely they should have waited a couple episodes to pull this move. What's their alliance now? Just four people if they've lot Natalie. In fact, Natalie can and should join Reed, Wes, Keith, and Alec. They have a majority!

I'm not sure why Missy and Baylor went along with that. They were in prime position to play spoiler when it came down to Jeremy and Natalie vs. Jon and Jackie. Now they are in a minority, and they have very little wiggle room.

Jon and Jackie have been making smart moves. This would have been a smart move a couple days later, but they pulled the trigger way too soon. Natalie and Reed should be competent enough to orchestrate revenge of the Gross Guys Alliance. I'll even be rooting for that, as long as one of the gross guys doesn't actually win.

It looked like Reed was in on it too possibly. So he'd be 5, but I think he'd choose Alec/Wes/Keith/Natalie if given the choice.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2014, 06:47:12 pm »
+2

Anyways, speaking of applying for the show, I've finished my first draft of my audition video for this year. I'll link it here in case anyone wants to provide any feedback; I'll probably submit it soon.

Finally got a chance to change a couple of things up, I did a new setting for the new part I filmed (it's at the end of the video) from Eevee's suggestion. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2014, 03:52:32 pm »

I think not voting off Jackie was a mistake by Natalie/Baylor. Natalie is playing a strong game though. I think Keith will win if he gets to the final vote.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2014, 09:27:50 pm »
+2

Keith at the spa is good tv.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2014, 09:34:14 pm »

Keith at the spa is good tv.
😂😂

It's hilarious he also has a real shot of winning the game. If Natalie doesn't win, I'm hoping he does for the comedy value. Just imagine the post-win interviews!

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2014, 10:40:29 am »
+1

I'm happy to see Jon finally voted out. I don't think anyone left has been getting a "winner's edit" so that actually makes me really happy.

Of course I'm rooting for Baylor  :)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2014, 11:19:36 am »

It's Natalie or bust at this point.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2014, 08:09:57 pm »
+1

Ultimately, I think it was an ok season. Maybe the level of play sometimes wasn't always the highest and there wasn't a character like tony, but it was certainly unpredictable, full of comedic moments and in the end we got a satisfying and deserving winner. I would say Nat wanted it more than anyone, which is always a quality I respect a lot.

I usually love the reunion show, but this one was really boring. I hated how little focus there was in gameplay, and how many little kids and talking about cultural significance there was. Probst is sometimes very annoying, and BvW with all the crying certainly highlights that so I'm glad we are done with that now. The jury questions and answers, apart from Reed's monologue were among the most boring ever, with both Jac and Missy shamelessly going for the pity card and Nat failing to demonstrate how superior she was. I think, given gameplay she could have won more convincingly, but it seems the jury had coordinated their votes together to reach their desires outcome (and money split?), I can't explain Jeremy voting for Jac otherwise after the speech he gave. It's pretty stupid that that's what's happening at ponderosa every season now.

After how interesting Reed was in his final days and in the final tribal council, it seems like a crime they edited him the way they did for the first half of the game. His story arc could really have been very compelling with Keith's blurb in the final and Jon's and Jac's ridiculous fight (potentially) screwing him over, had we gotten to know him better earlier.

One of the most boring things that can happen in survivor is the bottom being content with their situation and going into that good night silently. Say what you want about this season, but you can't blame them about that here. The person who I and I think most others perceived as the most powerful got the axe time and time again. The editors were very tricky this time around with all of Josh, Jeremy and Jon looking like potential winners only to be out next episode.

Who would I like to see back? Well, the cast wasn't great, not anyone really? Jeremy, Natalie, Josh and Reed seem like the best candidates, but they all got a fairly fair chance of showing their game already, so there would likely be better options available.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2014, 07:15:33 pm »

Terrible season, IMO. I think only Fabio's was worse. If Natalie had lost, it might have surpassed Fabio's season in badness. Just a bad cast.

I wouldn't mind seeing Reed, Josh, Natalie, or Keith again. Everybody else was so bland or annoying.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #265 on: December 20, 2014, 03:12:06 pm »
+1

I think the season itself was OK, if the cast had been better I think it would have been much better. The only people I really liked were Josh and Baylor, 2 out of 18. Compare that to season 2 where 16 out of 16 were amazing choices. I feel like this season would have been much better if they had just cast me!  :P

I was really frustrated to be rooting for Natalie at F3, partly because she was only cast on the show because she was on another reality show, but mostly because we didn't get to see her do anything or talk about her plans before F7. I liked her blindside of Jon, but the move to take out Baylor didn't seem very smart. She was guaranteed to make F3 with her and most of the jury didn't like her anyways.

I hope this season convinces CBS that blood vs water is a bad idea. I was really hopeful that this season would be good because of it and looking back, BvW just made it worse. It would be so much better if there was the chance of people turning on each other, you know? Party of what makes the game gray is that you're playing with strangers and you can't fully trust anyone.

I have to say I really liked the challenges this season. I love endurance challenges and they did a lot of them. I wish Jeff wouldn't have stopped the one challenge that they let Missy win though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 20, 2014, 09:43:46 pm »

I too hope this is the end of BvW's.

Why did they ever stop having the last inmunity challenge be a test of will? I thought that was always very fitting.

I think Natalie played all around an elite game, and I was prejudiced against her before the season for being a twinnie. Her move to vote out Baylor in F5 was absolutely advantageous, the chances of anyone but her or Keith winning the final inmunity had to have been like 10% and if Keith wins it, she is likely just going home unless she breaks up Missy and Baylor. Excellent foresight and execution, just a great game from Natalie that was somewhat overshadowed by Jeremy, Josh and Jon getting to play the narrator for the season.

Adam, how on earth does Nat do better in Bay+Missy+Keith compared to Missy-Jac-Keith? Do you think that Jac or missy is likely to win inmunity or that Bay+Missy are so likely to force a tie that Natalie is winning it often enough?

Btw, I just loved how well Nat did in all of the challenges thattested pain threshold and wanting it more. Really just all-around glad Natalie won, I feel she is a super deserving winner. It's also a great story that her twin sister was voted out first, although I can imagine that could be pretty poisonous to their relationship (of course hoping it won't be).

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2014, 06:45:09 am »
+1

Her move to vote out Baylor in F5 was absolutely advantageous,

Adam, how on earth does Nat do better in Bay+Missy+Keith compared to Missy-Jac-Keith? Do you think that Jac or missy is likely to win inmunity or that Bay+Missy are so likely to force a tie that Natalie is winning it often enough?

You're saying she should have kept Jaclyn around to help beat Keith in immunity challenges? At that point Baylor had a better record in challenges than Jaclyn did. And I thought at that point the plan was Baylor/Missy/Natalie for F3, especially with Keith around. I'm not sure what she gained by breaking that up.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2014, 07:56:08 am »

Her move to vote out Baylor in F5 was absolutely advantageous,

You're saying she should have kept Jaclyn around to help beat Keith in immunity challenges? At that point Baylor had a better record in challenges than Jaclyn did. And I thought at that point the plan was Baylor/Missy/Natalie for F3, especially with Keith around. I'm not sure what she gained by breaking that up.
I'm saying that unless she wins the challenge herself (in which case keeping Baylor and Missy is optimal, but as long as she votes out Keith, she is winning the game in all scenarios), it's overwhelmingly likely Keith will have won the immunity and she'd be in a terrible spot, hoping that Keith will force a tie for her. It's not about needing Jac around to beat Keith, it's about not being at F4 with an unbreakable pair if Keith wins.

As you saw, Missy wasn't even bitter about the move, she said she was relieved. Had Keith won the immunity, I don't think anyone would have been looking to vote Nat out. The move arguably made sure she reached the finals whatever happened, with help of the others left in the game having an incorrect perception of how the jury perceived them.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2015, 11:39:14 am »
+1

Six days until the Season 30 premiere! Cast bios and videos are on CBS's website. I haven't looked at it in too much detail, but I have some impressions about the casting:

My fiancee and I joke about how in order to get cast on Survivor as a woman you HAVE to be attractive but as a man, you don't. I think they threw that out the window this season, most of the men this season have that same look about them that I'm sure lots of women love (they're not my type though).

So the entire "No Collar" tribe is where they put all of the Los Angeles recruits? It seems there's no hope for a software developer to get on the show because my job is too boring. Sigh.

Does anyone stick out as particularly interesting pre-season?

Nevermind

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2015, 09:38:44 pm »

So, I'm all caught up on Survivor W vs B vs N (my personal abbreviation). I know the next episode is tomorrow night, and it's a TWO HOUR LONG SPECIAL!!! But, I have a contradiction. As of last year, a am a huge fan of Arrow, and it just so happens that it shares a time slot with Survivor. I know this is entering the "Survivor" thread, so all your answers might be biased, but I would like to hear some opinions. What should I watch, Arrow or Survivor?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2015, 09:39:41 pm »
+1

Survivor.

That one was easy  :P

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2015, 04:34:35 am »

How do you guys feel about the season?

I'm liking it this far. The swap tomorrow should be very interesting.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2015, 07:41:16 am »
+1

So I'm having a little bit of trouble finding anyone I like this season. After the first episode I thought Jenn might be pretty smart but after seeing her group stumble through these two tribal councils, that sort of got lost, I'm back to the standard resentment for the Recruit Tribe ("no collar tribe"). The only guy on the Blue Collar tribe that I like is the mail man, and I don't even remember his name so that shows you how much I like him.

The White Collars are a little more interesting, I kind of liked Shirin for a bit but not anymore, so it's between Max and Carolyn. Let's just hope we get to see something that makes me like people more, yeah?

As for a tribe switch, I think I've said this before but this season would be much more interesting if they didn't do it. I wish they would take three tribes into a merge, I wish they would actuall follow through on their theme rather than abandoning it three episodes into the game. But oh well.

I'm sort of rooting for the white collar people, I guess I'm more like a white collar guy myself and they remind me of the brain tribe which I also liked.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2015, 09:54:52 am »

Brain tribe, the least successful tribe in the history of the show? :)

For me, the big thing is, even after the first episode, I remembered pretty much everyone's name. Sierra and Kelly have gotten pretty much invisible edits, but I'm pretty sure I could actually give a sentence or two about everyone else in the game already. It's remarkable. I did watch a lot of pre-game stuff though which I had never done to this extent, so that is probably a factor too.

Lindsey is hilarious. "Wish come through motherfucker" is the single greatest line of the show this far. She can't go far, but she has personality and is good tv. Boston Rod, also hilarious. I thought he'd be much more of a tool, he is still a tool but has some serious chops as well.

I like Max, and Tyler, while not likable per se for me, seems like a really solid player.

If I was gay, I'd want to date Joe. He might have the hair I've ever seen on anyone, and seems just about the nicest guy on the planet. Splitting of the vote in episode 2 was a really bad look strategically, but I'm holding out hope. Will is fun to watch. Jenn seems cool, although her attitude will get her in trouble.

Just thinking of the boots, Nina was bad at every aspect of the game, but So could have actually done some damage had things gone differently and Vince was incredibly entertaining.

Apart from Nina, I don't see any total duds in the cast (and Nina could have been great buffer for the better character in NC to survive further.. alas). One thing to remember about the theme, they cast people first and come up with the theme later. It's pretty much just an inconsequential marketing shtick, and when they inevitably stop with the work ethic theme after the swap, I think the season will be better for it.

Who do I think could win? Tyler certainly, then maybe Carolyn (played deceptively well this far), Kelly (total non-factor in the edit though), Joaquin (seems to have a decent head in his shoulders, possibly not likable enough though), Max although it's tricky for him, I guess Joe although getting duped by Vince of all people about Nina having an idol (???) is not a good look.

Just a lot of story lines I'm interested in. Yay for double episode tonight!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.