Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Survivor  (Read 66664 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »

Kelley had a strong episode. I didn't even know she existed before this episode, but she came off really well here.

Drew just might be the single most annoying contestant of all time? I can't think of anyone else that had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Never been so happy to see someone go. Can you imagine having to live with him or Alec?

Jeremy is way too emotional every time something goes wrong. No way he can win the game with self control like that, glad he is rolling with the girls though. I think the winner is going to be Josh, Wes or Julie. I'm eliminating Reed and Kelley based on edit, and everyone else based on not playing well. Baylor could win I guess, she has been getting a lot of strategic confessionals. It would require her to make a move on Josh though. Would be great to have a young and pretty female who actually outplays people strategically, so I'm sort of hoping for that option (although I'd rather it be Kelley, but she just hasn't been getting the air time).

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2014, 11:36:37 am »
+1

Never been so happy to see someone go.

I haven't been so happy to see someone go since John Rocker.  :P

But I liked everything his g/f had to say about the situation and hopefully we can see whether or not she's an actual person. She said something like "some people just judge him because of his past and never give him a chance."

Yeah that's definitely me, I definitely did that. I feel like he doesn't deserve a chance. I mean if Hitler or Bin Laden went on Survivor I wouldn't give them a chance. Obviously John Rocker isn't as bad as them, but there is such a thing as "doesn't deserve a chance on Survivor" and I think John Rocker is one of those people.

Maybe that makes me a bad person, but at least I'm not as bad as John Rocker.

Drew. Wow. I feel like he watched Episode 1 of Samoa and said "I wanna be like Russell! Let me vote of a girl and play really aggressively!" and didn't realize that you have to play with finesse and thought as well. The guys on that tribe, I mean they're in really big trouble and I don't think they realize it, which is really really sad.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2014, 03:53:06 pm »

Finally caught up. Drew! That was hella satisfying. Also, when was the last time 4 different people got votes? That rarely ever happens. Awesome.

Getting out Drew was absolutely correct. The girls of the tribe proved they were about 1000 times smarter than the men. Jeremy is also smart but way way way too emotional, even though he was completely right about what Keith did. I liked Keith but I think he doesn't understand Survivor well enough to go far. I'm now thoroughly unimpressed by Reed and the other guy, Drew's friend guy, is a moron.

Josh, Wes, or Baylor seem like only possible winners at this point.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2014, 08:31:08 pm »

Finally watched! Putting off this week's episode because my tv antenna sucks.

So happy to see Drew go. So happy to see Kelly get screentime; she was my favorite from the pregame interviews. She seems like a really good conversationalist. I still think her social game might come on strong.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2014, 03:17:42 am »

Great lesson on the importance of being likable around camp. Jon and Jacelyn got to the power position of getting to choose who goes just because the two other couples fought over rice! Jon is sort of growing on me, of course he got incredibly lucky with the timing of this swap, but he could go far, especially with the edit he is getting. I really dislike his girlfriend, though.

I'm extremely sad to see Kelley go, I really saw potential in her. I don't see anyone with surprise equity for winning, it's going to be Josh or Jon, with an outside chance of Wes or Jeremy.

We are being shown a lot of Baylor, and she has shown that she is there to play and has connections everywhere. It's just that.. I don't think all her moves have been that good. The fact she is getting such a visible edit is likely to lead somewhere though, unless they just want to have a stronger, more independent cute young femaly contestant for once.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2014, 07:10:47 pm »
+1

So after the tribes swap, Keith is the only single person on a tribe of three other couples. Jeff asks him if he's nervous or anything about it...

What Keith does: he tells the tribe all the reasons they have to vote him off and says he's worried about it.

What he should do: tell the tribe all of the reasons they have to keep him around and vote each other off.

You would think this kind of thing would be common knowledge among Survivor fans, but Jeff manages to get people to make small misplays like this all the time. Jon, on the other hand, did some great things to help his position by staying positive. I was legitimately impressed.

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2014, 04:02:07 pm »

I don't understand why you guys think there are only 3 people who can win this season. Anything can happen in survivor. And no one this year strikes me as a strong player., it's been a rather weak+boring season. I also don't see what everyone else does in Baylor. She seems like an easy person to dislike, very whiny and not loyal.
Go, and do likewise.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2014, 06:04:05 pm »
+1

I think they may be referring to people getting a "winner's edit" -- they always seem to show the winner  in a somewhat positive light, and rarely ignore them for an entire episode. There are several people that just haven't been shown enough to be viable as winners under this theory.

As far as Baylor goes, the reason I started out liking her has a lot to do with the fact that I've been applying for the show for a while now -- I really like it when they don't take recruits because I can identify with them. It just feels to me like Baylor is a real person that I can connect to. She isn't loyal to her alliance because she reads they aren't loyal to her and aren't looking out for her, but she's been able to get by and not get voted out thus far. I can't defend whiny-ness, though.

Speaking of applying for the show. I'm going to be making my application video soon. I may post it if I feel like asking for input. Let this year be the year they finally call me back!

zporiri

• Golem
  • Go, and do likewise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:46 pm »

Speaking of applying for the show. I'm going to be making my application video soon. I may post it if I feel like asking for input. Let this year be the year they finally call me back!

When are they due?
Go, and do likewise.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2014, 03:40:16 pm »
+1

When are they due?

Usually there's a due date posted on the application website, but I know for a fact that they've accepted videos after that due date (up until they've finished with phone interviews). This year they don't have a due date; they only say that they'll start calling people back from December to February.

I think I've come across as too nice in my previous videos, I think I'm going to play up my ego a little bit this time and see if it grabs someone's attention.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2014, 02:10:52 pm »

Natalie is growing on me.

I feel Missy was doing absolutely nothing of use in the immunity puzzle, whereas Josh and Reed worked together great. So useless, I was hoping she'd go. Gg Dale though. Anyways I'm glad the blue tribe is dominating!

I'm surprised if Julie will be the quitter, I thought she was being given a pretty strong edit.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2014, 09:38:58 pm »
+2

I find all the bartering that blue tribe is doing just ridiculous.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

zporiri

• Golem
  • Go, and do likewise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2014, 06:12:56 pm »

I find all the bartering that blue tribe is doing just ridiculous.

Yeah for real. It's called Survivor for a reason. On a separate not, I can't stand Missy, I think she is my least favorite this year. Not a big fan of Baylor either, but at least she is playing the game.
Go, and do likewise.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2014, 01:58:46 pm »
+1

So we all already know how I feel about Julie. Ugh. Sickening. If I can see it coming from so early, why would they cast her? It's honestly insulting as someone who applies to the show to see that happen.

Anyways, speaking of applying for the show, I've finished my first draft of my audition video for this year. I'll link it here in case anyone wants to provide any feedback; I'll probably submit it soon.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2014, 03:05:28 pm »

Yeah, Julie quitting was very anticlimatic. However, not having a tribal council or a reward challenge meant we got to see so much more of what's going on at camp and how people strategize, so I really liked that. The power struggle between Josh and Jeremy is like the only saving grace of the season, so prolonging that even for just one week feels somewhat satisfying. How terrible will the season be once one of them is gone?

Nice video!

All the successful audition videos I've seen (Frosty, Tyson, Erik) have had them doing different things in different environments, so I guess the one suggestion I'd have is that just sitting down in front of a blank wall and talking to camera can make you seem a bit colorless. So, you know, something flashier might help you with catching their attention? You even know video editing, so you could build something that's put together from scenes from different places.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2014, 03:52:39 pm »
+1

All the successful audition videos I've seen (Frosty, Tyson, Erik) have had them doing different things in different environments

That shouldn't be too hard to do. Thanks for the feedback  ;D

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2014, 02:26:42 pm »

I finally caught up. This is a dreadful season. It's definitely bottom 5, maybe bottom 3. The cast just isn't very good. The loved ones mechanic is failing in that regard; like, Jon Rocker was interesting, but absent him, his loved one is a trainwreck--and not an entertaining trainwreck, just a trainwreck. Ugh, Julie. You are dead to me.

John and Jacyln made the correct call in voting out Josh. They have a pretty clear path to the final four now--kill off the entire other alliance, then play the "Jeremy is too big a threat" card with Baylor and Missy, take out Jeremy and Natalie, and boom. Their odds there are much better than with the other alliance, where it would have been an uphill battle against Josh + Reed + Keith + Wes + Alec.

I liked Josh, but his problem was he was playing too strategically among people who aren't playing at all. Tony's mania worked because there were a bunch of other manics stirring the pot most of the time. Josh was just too obvious. Also, he really didn't handle the Baylor situation well. "You owe me" has never been a successful Survivor strategy ever, even in cases where one person clearly did owe another (I'm not convinced that was actually the case here).

But I actually think Jeremy is playing a somewhat better game than Josh, so I was glad to see him prevail. He's equally perceptive but a bit lower key. I suppose he is who I am rooting for at this point.

Missy actually showed some strategic acumen here. My respect for her rose.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2014, 02:37:38 pm »
+1

Now that Josh is gone, there aren't many people left that I'm rooting for. There's Baylor and that's basically it, and it's not all that much. Who is left that we've really seen much personality for? Keith? Baylor? Jeremy? Like that's it, they haven't really given us all that much on anyone else.

I didn't like the Blood vs. Water part when they first did it because they didn't take any applicants. This season it's really falling flat for me because it drastically reduces the number of different social groups that can form. Couples will never split up and they operate as one unit so that means for two people that are in the game, you basically only get the interest of one.

I was really excited about this season of the show and I think that's worn off now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2014, 05:02:31 pm »

While I'm glad Jeremy won out in the end and the reason for it was especially satisfying, Josh comes out really likable in his exit interview with Rob C. He was a great casting choice! I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but Reed has been a huge disappointment.

Jeremy would be the only satisfying winner for me now. Prediction: Baylor will be dragged to the end as a goat, and will receive the lowest amount of votes there.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »

Geez. Didn't see that coming. Not a good move by Jon and Jackie.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2014, 02:24:17 am »

So upsetting! I liked Jeremy. Totally didn't see it coming either with the way the episode was edited.

I'm rooting for Natalie now, not that it's looking particularly great for her. I really liked her voluntarily going to exile and now giving up the reward, girl is there to play.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2014, 08:46:45 am »

Who do you guys think will win? Two weeks ago I was so sure it had to be Josh, Jeremy, or Jon, but Jon and Jacelyn flipping so early blew the game wide open again. I can't see Alec winning, and Baylor would be surprising too, but for the most part I think it's really anyone's game now. I'm hopeful for an interesting finish, these past three episodes have been much better than the season was pre-merge.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2014, 08:58:12 am »
+1

I think Jon is going to win, which makes me sad. I'd rather see Baylor win. Jon/Jaclyn are playing a very similar game to Kass but they're being edited much differently.

They really like to show clips of Keith spitting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2014, 09:07:51 am »

I think Jon is going to win, which makes me sad. I'd rather see Baylor win. Jon/Jaclyn are playing a very similar game to Kass but they're being edited much differently.

They really like to show clips of Keith spitting.
I don't know if Jon's in such a good position having flipped this early. If he can survive the next two votes, sure, but it doesn't look obvious to me he has the numbers locked up right now, and he is of course a big threat, especially if/when the fact he has an idol comes out (I'm assuming Natalie will tell everyone).

Who is going to vote for Baylor, other than her mom? I think she has an excellent chance of getting dragged to the end as a goat and receiving no votes (other than her mom's).

My rooting interest is Natalie, but she really has to maneuver the swing vote position well to get to the end. Next episode will be big for her. If she does get to the end and win, I'd say she is a deserving winner too. She's played a good game.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2014, 09:10:04 am »
+1

Who is going to vote for Baylor, other than her mom? I think she has an excellent chance of getting dragged to the end as a goat and receiving no votes (other than her mom's).

Oh I'm not saying she has a chance of winning, just that she's the one I'm rooting for.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.