Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Survivor  (Read 66653 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Survivor
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2014, 08:46:38 pm »

Finally got a chance to take a look at some preview videos. There's nobody that jumps out to me as someone I like immediately, which is a little bit disturbing, but there's still more time for that.

John Rocker? Are you serious? It's unbelievable that they cast him on the show when they could have cast me. I am directly personally offended by that.

I'm looking forward to many of these people getting voted off  ;D
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2014, 09:09:56 pm »

's still more time for that.

John Rocker? Are you serious? It's unbelievable that they cast him on the show when they could have cast me. I am directly personally offended by that.

To me Rocker seems like the nut casting. Same as Colton, people are surely going to tune in just to hate him. Whatever makes them the water cooler conversation topic, man. Rocker is famous, that's interesting to people. I don't see why you'd be offended, they are just running their business well.

I'm somewhat worried that this is going to be a terrible season. Based on their bios, this cast seems exceptionally weak. Hardly anyone seems to have watched the show at all, which is evident by most people naming someone from the past few seasons as former contestant most like them.

Drew's answer to that question got a chuckle out of me: "Fabio or Malcolm because they are athletic, smart bros that know how to manipulate people and situations to advance themselves." Hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:11:17 pm by Eevee »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2014, 09:32:38 pm »

Rocker is definitely the nut of the season. Apparently he had some controversy a while back about homophobic statements or some such, so he's definitely primed to create some drama. His girlfriend seems up to the task as well...

I really liked the woman who was a marketer from Seattle (playing with her dad, the farmer). She struck me as excellent at conversation from the promo, so she may be a big player socially.

I like the firefighter/police officer husband and wife, they seem competent and likeable enough. Impossible to say whether they'll be strategic at all.

The footballer/pageant queen boyfriend/girlfriend duo seemed alright, kinda vanilla but maybe there'll be something there.

The cheer mom and daughter and the boyfriends seem alright, although the mom/daughter duo come on really strong when they're together...

The twins, the florida bros, and the Louisiana, uh...people...all seem preeeeetty annoying. Outside chance that little bro and Louisiana dad will be alright.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2014, 10:48:51 pm »

http://www.reddit.com/r/mlb/comments/1jtko4/i_am_john_rocker_former_mlb_pitcher_here_to_take/
Rocker's AMA on reddit. Definitely still a racist and a bigot.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2014, 03:12:00 pm »

Hello Survivor fans...

As many of you are already aware, I'm modding a forum game: Forum Survivor season 2. Most people who post here are already signed up, but we're looking for at least one more person to join us. The game will hopefully start tomorrow (Wednesday) to kick off at the same time as this season of the show.

If you have any reservations about playing the forum game, I encourage you to at least take a look at the OP in the thread I linked. The game doesn't require a huge commitment to play, there are elegant ways to bow out of the game early if you decide it's not for you...

But more importantly, many of those who played in season 1 will tell you they had a blast, and I've got a lot of great ideas for this season that should be amazing. I highly encourage you to give it a shot or at least read more about it if you're on the fence.

[end shameless plug]

And I'm pretty pumped about the season premiere tomorrow night ;D

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2014, 08:08:54 pm »

Survivorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2014, 08:27:23 pm »

I'll have to wait for it to come up on the cbs website. If it's anything like big brother it should be up at 11 forum time? Too long!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2014, 12:31:48 am »

After watching one episode, I think I really like Baylor. Her game is a little bit passive but it's way better than anyone else on her tribe. Mostly she just seems like a real person and so few of the cast members this season do.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2014, 12:52:56 am »

Not an outstanding premiere, and the cast doesn't seem outstanding yet, but it was fine. They actually all seem kinda too nice and non-controversial. There was no fighting or drama!

I am rooting for Miss Michigan and Michigan State dude, obviously, and they seem decent. The gay guys are cool. Nobody else stood out to me yet.

I was impressed with the mustachioed firefighter guy for being socially aware and making the best of non-decent situations. That's a very underrated skill.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2014, 08:37:30 am »
+2

Watching the episode now.

It took less than 12 minutes for someone to call John an ass.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2014, 08:45:26 am »

Okay, I hate this exile-twist. Very unfair, as if you want to incentivize not stepping up even more.

I'm really liking Jeremy, who was my pre-game favorite as well. His wife is cool too, I hope they'll do well.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:31 am »

Haha oh Missy. "Being married and divorced as many times as I have, I've learned that you have to listen to your gut".

No, ma'am, listening to your gut got you divorced three times.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2014, 09:25:35 am »

John was straight up beasting the physical aspect of the immunity challenge, too bad his team dropped the ball on the puzzle. I must say I think the challenges are too puzzle-centric these days. It's like the first three parts of it didn't matter at all, which is just stupid.

Baylor is my favorite of the females. The cast doesn't seem too exciting, but it's not as bad as I feared. I'm glad I instantly found people to root for. Dale is also cool. It seems like one of the twinnies will be the first to go, which would be great.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2014, 09:40:41 am »

What's up with the girls being super weird about Josh being gay? Like seriously, calling him a girlfriend, that's extremely offensive, isn't it?

Drew won't get far. Gave the classic "I'm a pretty successful model" speech while looking like a total buffoon. Alec could have a shot though. The quarterback will probably go deep after they showed the his speech about his dad's illness.

Baylor is so pretty.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2014, 09:43:57 am »

Ohhh super exciting preview for next episode!  ;D Rocker with the classic "If you were a man, I'd knock your teeth out." I think quitter will be the other twinnie. Apparently they pretty much quit amazing race once the going got tough for them.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2014, 09:45:45 am »

Why did Josh vote for Baylor? I don't get it.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2014, 09:56:01 am »

Like seriously, calling him a girlfriend, that's extremely offensive, isn't it?

It depends on the type of person, some people are flattered by it and others are annoyed. On the other hand, she just said that to him without getting to know him, and he wasn't amused by it. So yeah it was offensive.

Why did Josh vote for Baylor? I don't get it.

It's weird, on the CBS videos, usually they play the audio when people are talking to the camera, but they dubbed Nadiya's exit speech over the votes this time. Clearly they want us to think that Josh and Baylor are aligned because they were seen making the decision on who would go home together, but it's very strange that he would write her name down given that. The editors don't want us to think about it, so maybe it doesn't end up being important in the long run?

My guess: he's trying to mind-game her. Give her a scare at tribal council and reinforce the idea that he's the one that got her out of trouble so she'll be more inclined to stick with him. It's a little wacky but I can't think of much that makes sense.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2014, 09:59:31 am »

I was thinking maybe he wanted to avoid being perceived as the swing vote (which he was).

I don't know, seems FPS'y (fancy play syndrome).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2014, 10:46:53 am »
+1

I think it was just Josh's way of making sure the guys won, without directly betraying Nadiya.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2014, 12:27:35 pm »

I loved the episode and totally agree with the sentiments so far. I agree that the challenges are getting to puzzle centric, as an overall game theme I don't mind it but I think immunity challenges need to be more physical during tribal phase. It was pretty cool to see a true athlete competing, I mean we have seen some physical players in the past but wow he's huge. I think he has zero chance due to his social game however I can't see him getting jury votes and I almost don't see a reason to vote him off ever.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2014, 12:33:48 pm »

Hold on now, those puzzle pieces were really heavy and moving them around a lot probably gets tiring after a while. The actual puzzle component seemed to be guess-and-check (at least that's what those tribes were doing -- I would have asked for someone to hold me on their shoulders so I could try and reason a couple of things but that's just me) so you could argue that the "puzzle portion" of the challenge was almost all physical stuff anyways. That plus there were what, 5 other phases of the challenge that happened before you even got there, almost all of which were physical (I'm not counting knot-untying as physical).

I mean, I felt like that challenge was almost all physical with one small puzzle component thrown in there because it added variety to the challenge -- something appropriate for an early tribal-phase challenge for sure.

And let's be clear about John Rocker. If he doesn't get voted out this season -- if I don't get the satisfaction of seeing his dumb stupid face watching Jeff snuff his torch -- I'm going to be sorely disappointed. No-jury-vote humiliation is not enough for me.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2014, 12:58:30 pm »

But do you agree it's ridiculous to vote him off for any reason other than peace of mind?

Also I get what your saying, potentially the puzzle solvers tried to over complicate the puzzle however it's strange that the team that dominated the first components of the game lost in the end. Actually I think it correctly made the challenge a team challenge unable to be carried by one player so comment rescinded.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2014, 01:01:18 pm »

But do you agree it's ridiculous to vote him off for any reason other than peace of mind?

If I was out there and my conversations with him didn't make me think I was completely wrong about my opinion of him, there's no way I could trust him. Couple that with the fact that he's enormous and probably very physical and I'm voting him off the second I feel like I can get away with not having him around for physical strength.

As a fan watching at home, see previous "dumb stupid face" comment :P

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2014, 01:37:53 pm »

It would be insane to even consider voting him out pre-merge, unless he behaves totally bonkers (rice dumping, or something). He's very challenge helpful and easy to beat in the end game.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2014, 02:26:50 pm »
+1

I think it was just Josh's way of making sure the guys won, without directly betraying Nadiya.

This is what I thought. The blame for that vote may also get pinned elsewhere.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.