Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Survivor  (Read 66675 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2014, 07:54:15 pm »

I can't watch until later tonight.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2014, 07:55:22 pm »

I can't watch until later tonight.

Get it together, Robz!! ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2014, 02:11:45 pm »

Ah, so I avoided the thread until I could watch it later today so I could stay spoiler-free. Am I safe to talk about the last episode? Should we just say it's on individual people to not be spoiled by this thread?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »

I think it's on individuals to avoid the thread to stay away from spoilers, it will promote discusion.

As far as the vote went, I think the brai tribe finally showed some smarts by seperating the beauties into 2 fully individual players instead of allowing the girls to maintain a unit.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »

All right.

I have words for Lindsey, but I won't say them on this forum. I hope she regrets ever being recruited for the show and going on and the whole thing and I hope it haunts her for the rest of her stupid life. What a... umm... something.

Tony, I don't like the way he played this episode. One of the best things he had going for him was that people didn't suspect him and he totally ruined it because he made an emotional decision. Now we'll never know whether or not his plan to vote out Cliff would have worked out because he's screwed anyways.

Brain Tribe <3, but mostly Spencer <3 <3 <3 <3  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2014, 02:33:07 pm »

There are exactly two people who quit the show for good reasons.

Jenna Morasco, who never should have played in the first place, because of her mother's health.
That Kathy (Cathy?) woman from the first Fans v. Favorites. I really felt bad for her. (She was sent to Exile Island like 8 times in a row, and played the whole game alone, by herself, in sad isolation.)

Lindsey, GRR! I would not give her water if I came across her in the desert, etc etc. Sue, etc.

Yeah, looks like I was right about Tony and you were wrong! Chronic overplayer. Blew every advantage he had.

I think the most likely scenario is that lady cop does defect back to Tony, but LJ and Jefra join Jermaine and Morgan in a big commitment with the Brain 3, leaving Tony's alliance in the minority. I mean, from LJ's perspective, why woud he want to stick with Tony, a crazy person and admitted liar?

In any case, I think the Brain 3 are in an absolutely dominating position. It would not surprise me if they are the final 3. Although I am also holding out hopes for my boy, LJ, who I think is playing the most competent game of all.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »

Yay people watched!

I just can't respect Lindsey's decision either. She said she did it because she knew she would have come to blows with Trisha (I watched the aftershow - Lindsey really is likeable so I was really sad to see her just quit) but I'm not convinced it would have been that way.

Tony was definitely crazy this episode. I like that he's doing crazy stuff and really playing the game (it's definitely entertaining), but he is playing way too hard. Strangely enough, the thing with Jeremiah ALMOST WORKED even though it was a really ham-fisted way of pulling that gambit. Jeremiah is just slow and a poor communicator.

Chanting "final 5" was dumb too, especially since they're going into the merge without numbers....I get that Tony's excited about playing the game, but he's wearing his excitement on his sleeve too much and showing off.

I felt pretty bad for Alexis, she was just so genuinely sad. She was actually starting to play the game too, even though she was completely wrong about Jeremiah. But she was definitely a post-merge flipping threat to the Brains, who are just clearly in charge at this point. If they do make it all the way, they might be the best final 3 ever. What a team!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2014, 02:47:43 pm »

LJ's issue is he's connected to Trisha and has issues with morgan(Morgan distrusts him)

I don't think the brain is actually I a good position, they are the only toght 3 and no one wants to join an alliance with no room post merge.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2014, 09:56:43 pm »

So, I'm finally caught up. I agree with most everything robz has been saying. Woo seems quite awesome, but I'm most rooting for spencer, not even close. LJ is in great shape, and I think Tasha (?) seemed quite competent as well. Tony is just super good tv, I hope he goes far.

Really dislike Morgan and Jeremiah. There were and are some really hot women this season, most noticeably the late Alexa.

Totally in for Dsell's idea unless Robz thinks it jeopardizes the integrity of survivor the forum game. I'd be in any time I can make it (it's quite late for me though), skype or google hangout sounds good!

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2014, 02:21:01 pm »

But I can't begrudge Sandra's victory. She has the game figured out, obviously, and Russell made a huge mistake not taking her out earlier.

This is something that's always bothered me: I think Sandra didn't deserve her second win (you can argue that she didn't deserve her first, but I think she did). That game was Parvati's and she should have won it.

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to support this, so you'll have to wait until I get more time to type that up.

So here's what I think about this:

Sandra is sitting at the finals with Russell and Parvati trying to make a case for why she should win the game. Trying to say all the cool things she did that make her deserve the title of Sole Survivor AGAIN. Now the Heroes, who made up a majority of jury members that season, all block-voted for her and that's why she won. I don't have respect for that vote because I don't really think Sandra did anything all that spectacular

Now you say "but he found a hidden immunity idol!" Well so did Russell and Parvati. Actually they both found one themselves and managed to get other players to give them an idol on top of that.

Sandra's entire strategy that game is said to be "as long as it's not me." Well, I mean, she did say that a lot, but what did she try and do during that game? She followed Boston Rob until that didn't work out and "as long as it's not me"-ed her way to the merge. OK fine, admirable, but definitely not anything special compared to what Russell and Parvati did pre-merge. Then once they merged, Sandra tried to get Russell voted out. That's literally all she did (other than the times when she did what Russell and Parvati told her to do), and Russell never got voted out! The one thing she tried to do for herself was something the failed to do! Why did it fail? Because the Heroes believed Russell was with them over Sandra's saying he wasn't. Russell sold them on a lie with his superior social game over Sandra's trying to tell them the truth! Her social game was less effective than Russell's!

Yeah, I'll admit Russell's social game wasn't the best that season, but at least it was better than Sandra's.

I'm of the opinion that Parvati should have won. I think she did all of this stuff better than either of them.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 01:39:03 pm »

I would have voted for Parvati as well, but it was definitely a mistake to keep Sandra over say Danielle to the finals. The heroes hated Russell so much they were going to vote the person who was the furthest from him, so Parvati really needed to have someone who was perceived equally close to Russell sitting next to her to get a fair consideration from most of the jury.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 04:13:28 pm »

Oh man, I love Russell and Danielle, I can't believe either of them did that thing that they did.
It will make it really tough on thier future
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »

Mafia will likely keep me up until the episode would air, but I just realized there is no way to watch it for me in real time. So, unless someone wants to delay watching for 1 hour, I won't be able to attend any viewing parties. :/

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2014, 08:31:25 pm »

Watching it live this week...very interesting so far!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:34 pm »

EVERYONE WATCH RIGHT NOW I'M DYING

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2014, 12:41:05 am »

EVERYONE WATCH RIGHT NOW I'M DYING

I just saw it. Oh my God. Sweet Jesus, what an episode.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2014, 12:42:33 am »

HOW STUPID IS CASS???

Edit: Or does someone want to defend that move? Does anyone see that working out in any way, shape, or form?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:44:22 am by Dsell »

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2014, 12:56:47 am »

HOW STUPID IS CASS???

Edit: Or does someone want to defend that move? Does anyone see that working out in any way, shape, or form?

I don't want to put Spoiler tags so SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!!!!!!

Cass is completely stupid. She had a sure lock on the Final 3. Now she has nothing. She decided she didn't like Sarah. For that reason neither Cass, nor Sarah, nor anyone else in the 6 can win this game.

Not that Sarah didn't have it coming. She played that role the completely worst way possible. Also, she was completely wrong! The two people she swore did not have idols both had idols!

I give Tasha a little credit for trying to smooth things over. What the hell was Spencer doing? Still don't like him. He's petulant. He did not lock this down the way a Rob or a Kim Spradlin would have.

I give Tony a little credit for at least realizing he was wrong about Sarah. His idol play was a nice try, and I think he was correct to give it to LJ. LJ got too misty-eyed, though. He had to know the best move was to give it Jefra. Or, he should have known. I think he just felt guilty. Which makes him a good person, but it was not his most brilliant moment.

MVP goes to... Trish, of all people. She bided her time, she said precisely the right thing, and it worked. (Tony's idol probably helped sway Cass, too).

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2014, 01:18:10 am »

Spoilersssssssssss

I agree about everything except Spencer. I don't think he played optimally here but I also didn't think he was awful or anything...not everybody is or has to be Boston Rob. Plus, the players here are not as mindless as those Rob was working with. I like him, actually a lot more than I thought I would.

But I agree with everything else! Cass was crazy - I expected soooo much more from her. Sarah too, really, but all Cass had to do was let Sarah be queen for the day. Court the person in the middle, it's just for one vote! Take it out on her later by making her the bottom of the alliance or something. The others realized that keeping Sarah happy was important, no matter how irrational she was being...you can sort out any problems later.

However, while Sarah was right that she was in a position of power, she let it go to her head in a huge way. Just crazy. I've never seen anyone make so many enemies so fast outside of outright sabotage. She felt so entitled to having it exactly her way, and her way was idiotic!

I was actually pretty amazed that Cass was able to turn the balance of power around like that, even though doing so was absolutely a terrible terrible move for her. I just cannot believe that she would think that would work for her. Not only will she be the bottom of a 6-person "alliance," she has a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting her former tribe to work with her again, and even if she does make it to the finals, she just pissed off a bunch of jury members. What was she thinking.

I did think having Jefra as a backup was a really smart move, I was pretty worried it was LJ. I disagree that LJ should have known to play the idol on Jefra, I didn't think it was very obvious. Although I think playing the idol on anyone was probably a mistake. You're immune, man, don't risk it.

Trish was definitely a case of right place right time (Cass was just so obviously mad at Sarah, although it was a big mistake to show that), but she did exactly what she needed to.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2014, 01:29:29 am »

I think LJ should have known to play it on Jefra for the following reasons. Okay, the other tribe now knows Tony has an idol, and they are switching to "the other one." Whatever that means. But okay, voting for Tony would be pretty insane of them at this point, so who are they going to vote for? LJ seems logical. But okay, Tony PLAYED his idol on LJ, so LJ is safe. At this point, I think the most logical person for them to have targeted, from LJ's perspective, is LJ and he is safe. Honestly, he should probably just hold onto his idol, but he gets all gushy and goes Tony. But Tony was wearing an idol around his neck when the 6 were voting! There's no way they actually would have gone for Tony. Herego, Trish or Jefra, and Jefra seems like the bigger threat because of personality factors.

I really didn't like Spencer's comment to Cass afterward. How shortsighted! It's a 5-5 tie now. His best movie should be winning Cass back and pretending like nothing ever went a stray. That's the wrong way to start that. Also, did the brain three have zero communication? Tasha should have told Spencer that Cass was acting crazy, and Spencer should have handled it.

I mean, Cass is a fool. She actually made the same fool move that Cochran made his first time around. I remember when Coach swayed Cochran. It was a thing of beauty, definitely Coach's best performance in any of his three games. He struck the exact correct note: "Cochran, I know they want you to pretend to flip to our side. I think you should consider actually flipping. They are mean to you, they don't like you, and you are on the bottom with them. We respect you and are cool people." And it worked. You just have to say the right things. Trish, in a moment of near unparalleled brilliance, said the exact right thing at the exact right moment. So great. So, so great. I still think she has zero chance to win the game, though (Trish, I mean).

Also, Woo will win every challenge.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2014, 01:52:16 am »

Woo! I hope he does win everything. I really like him!

Spencer was short-sighted with that comment. But really, would you have been able to hold back in that moment? I mean, sure some people have that kind of self-control, but I'm not sure you can really blame him. Will he regret it later? Probably.

I'm not sure what was up with the communication, but I'm guessing Cass kind of shut down. Or just played it off as if nothing was up with Trish. Maybe she really was considering all the way until tribal. I think it probably just didn't occur to Tasha or Spencer that she would actually consider turning on that alliance of 3. I was shocked, not that she would make a play against Sarah, but that she'd make a play against the other brains.

I'm still not sure Jefra was the obvious choice, but I really really do not think he should have played the idol. Any single choice was a big risk!

I couldn't believe this episode, it was really really nutso stuff, BUT I am actually really excited for where this will might the rest of the season. It's definitely gonna liven things up around camp, just as long as it doesn't become a simple matter of plucking off Brains&Beauty one by one.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2014, 02:07:53 am »

Yeah, it's the rare shocking betrayal that actually makes thing more, even rather than less. Fascinated to see what happens next.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2014, 09:47:34 am »

I was so glad that tribal worked oh the way it did, it proved that case and spencer are as stupid as the rest of the brains tribe. I don't see any appeal to spencer, not only is robz right that he has far to much angst, he has not made a single intelligent move. If you really look he has made alliances of convienience the entire game. First it was the brains men and he was luckily saved because j'tia was insane, then the brains women which he was lucky enough stayed together when the beauties broke up. He is once again on a losing alliance that he chose to be on because it was convenient.

Also cass is an idiot.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2014, 09:46:28 pm »

If Kass was going to make a move like that, I don't understand why she didn't at least try to get some value out of it. She could have played it two ways.

1. She could have let her fellow brain people in on it so that the three of them could stay together. Did she really think Tasha was against her so much? Still having the two of them could have been very valuable, but she has really burned that bridge.

2. She could have at least told the people she was voting with that she was with them. They don't owe her anything now -- she made no attempt at a sub-alliance, or no attempt at all to at least say that she was in an alliance with them.

She doesn't have anybody now, I don't know what her plans were and I have to believe she didn't have anything in mind.

Also, Spencer <3 <3 <3 -- I love how he's starting to sand-bag in individual challenges at the merge. So strategic <3 So smart <3 So Spencer <3 <3 <3

I don't know why people on this season are so quick to admit that they're on the bottom when the slightest thing goes wrong. Maybe Jeff tries to pry it out of them all the time, but outwardly being upset that a vote didn't go your way and holding a grudge is probably the worst thing you can do when you're trying to find people to vote with you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2014, 12:29:00 am »
+1

What do you mean spencer is sandbagging challenges, he lost the last challenge completely. Also I do NOT understand why people lke him, name the strategic move he has made which has put him in a good position so far please.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.