Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Survivor  (Read 66667 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Survivor 27
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 11:08:53 am »

I didn't like Aras in his first season and I don't like him now for the same reason. He's so arrogant and patronizing when he talks to people. I mean I feel like he's played OK so far in both seasons but I don't think he really worked that hard for his win before. I just don't like him.

Candice? I'm not sure why, I don't even know whether or not I'm rooting for her. I'm grasping at straws for people I don't actively hate that are left: Tyson's g/f was one of them just because of Tyson, but now she's gone. I have some resentment for the "loved ones" because they were cast over people like me who applied to be on the show and would appreciate the experience so much more. The returning players, well Rupert has always been a favorite of mine but he decided he didn't want to play this season, and Colton has been a huge disappointment. So yeah.

Maybe I should start working on my audition video?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 11:14:49 am »

Maybe I should start working on my audition video?
Yes!

Some of the loved ones are certainly more entertaining than the returning players, Culpepper and Cirie (?) come to mind.

I feel this season is shaping up to be pretty good drama, but pretty low in survivor strategy content. Pre-show made alliances and the returning players tribe are dominating the game right now. The merge could get super interesting though.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 11:37:23 am »

ZOMG online applications are due in 10 days! Well I know what I'm doing this weekend for-sure-sies. I should come up with what I'm going to say in the video. Robz said in another thread that you should have an "angle" and I'm thinking that I'll play up the fanboy angle.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 11:42:41 am »

ZOMG online applications are due in 10 days! Well I know what I'm doing this weekend for-sure-sies. I should come up with what I'm going to say in the video. Robz said in another thread that you should have an "angle" and I'm thinking that I'll play up the fanboy angle.
Cochran it up!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 11:44:06 am »
+1

I've been trying to figure out how to explain to them that I am perfect for the game because I spend all day playing online Survivor-esque games of deception.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 11:46:54 am »
+1

My gosh you guys, please apply.

I am thinking about applying in the next couple of years. I want to wait until I'm no longer a student and I have time to really prepare myself.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:42 am »

This will be my third year applying. They haven't called me back yet.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 11:58:00 am »
+4

This will be my sixth time applying, I think? They called me back once, it was the most exciting phone call of my life.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 02:04:02 pm »

This will be my sixth time applying, I think? They called me back once, it was the most exciting phone call of my life.

Yea I feel like running a full fledged survivor game should count for something. Same with playing
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 07:44:18 am »

I'm liking this season more and more as it progresses!

Hayden is my new favorite, dude is just really likable and seems quite competent.

Brad is such a boon for this season. Makes me think they might have planned getting him to play when contacting Monica.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 12:54:11 pm »

I'm really like Vytas. He's clearly a villain, but a subtle and understated one who efficiently lets these louder personalities take the brunt of the blame.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 01:03:45 pm »

I'm really like Vytas. He's clearly a villain, but a subtle and understated one who efficiently lets these louder personalities take the brunt of the blame.
I can't get over how sneaky he looks all the time.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 12:43:44 am »

So this episode: such a stupid move for Ciera to make. I really was rooting for her up until now but that move was just so likely to end up so badly for her. Making the final four is the best you can ask for because the last vote is basically up to the person who wins final immunity and it's based off of who can win in front of a jury, not "loyalty" (whatever that means). I mean, good on Hayden for invoking a misplay out of her but I thought she was better than that.

I really like the way Tyson has been playing. His comment "your seat is over there" was directed towards Hayden I think, not Katie. I think he's in a great spot too, and since Ciera and I are on a break, I'll be rooting for Tyson to win. This may not be the most popular opinion but oh well.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 04:56:53 am »

Boooo! #teamhayden

I suspect no one but laura m really wants to take ciera to the
end. A single teenage mother just has a pretty compelling case for the million regardless of her gameplay (and on top of that, everyone seems to really like ciera). I'd
be thrilled to see Hayden pull this next vote off,
but it seems like quite a task.

I'm not happy someone is coming back from redemption still. Redemption is stupid, post-merge redemption is super-stupid.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 08:32:18 am »

I might have been OK with redemption if they stopped it at the merge. Sure, give someone another shot at the game if they were an early boot. Go right ahead.

But I have two big issues with continuing after the merge. First, the first two or three people to get booted right away have exactly the same situation in the first duel, so there's really no incentive to stick around for three more days since you're in the same duel anyways.

The other one is that they put the returning person back in the game so late! It becomes a viable strategy to just try and win challenges, so the last few votes of the game are centered around that rather than any type of strategy or loyalty. That whole dynamic of "your alliance took out everyone else and now you have to turn on each other. WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW?!!???!?!??!?!!?!??!??!?!" is totally gone, which can be the thing that saves an otherwise boring season like S23.

That plus individual rewards are so cool and you give those up.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2014, 02:19:57 am »

Sorry for the necro, but I know that there are some big Survivor fans on the forums and I didn't want to start a whole new thread...

There's an interesting Kickstarter for 6 different games that are composed of only 54 cards (and minimal other components).  I haven't taken a closer look at them yet, but one of them appears to be a card game version of Survivor.  Figured some people here might be interested.  Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/big-games-for-small-pockets-dice-hate-mes-54-card/

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2014, 08:46:26 am »

Also in the line of not making a new thread, anyone like to discuss season 28?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2014, 08:52:11 am »

I've always wanted them to take three tribes into the merge, or at least longer than 4 episodes. It's so disappointing that they won't explore this possibility when I think it would be really amazing.

The Brain group, while most of them were idiots (and are now no longer in the game) appear to be actual fans of the show, which made me want to root for them even more. The Beauty group, well, I just want them gone, and this last episode is exactly why, Spencer said it perfectly. That plus they were only cast because they "look good" (though I don't really agree with that but whatevs) and I wish they would just take more applicants. Like me. Braun, whatever. No real strong feelings, though I like the cops so far. That bald cop buy whose name I can't remember right now seems to be playing pretty well and as much as they're showing him I assume he'll go far. I'm interested to see what he'll do.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »

I've always wanted them to take three tribes into the merge, or at least longer than 4 episodes. It's so disappointing that they won't explore this possibility when I think it would be really amazing.

The Brain group, while most of them were idiots (and are now no longer in the game) appear to be actual fans of the show, which made me want to root for them even more. The Beauty group, well, I just want them gone, and this last episode is exactly why, Spencer said it perfectly. That plus they were only cast because they "look good" (though I don't really agree with that but whatevs) and I wish they would just take more applicants. Like me. Braun, whatever. No real strong feelings, though I like the cops so far. That bald cop buy whose name I can't remember right now seems to be playing pretty well and as much as they're showing him I assume he'll go far. I'm interested to see what he'll do.

I'm loving this season, though not because there is a character I'm really rooting for, but rather because they are all fairly entertaining. LJ is probably the closest to the person I am rooting for right now, just because he seems the most competent.

I find Tony (the bald cop) highly entertaining, but I disagree strongly that he is playing "pretty well." I think he was clearly overplaying. His "feed lies to the other cop" plan was really stupid and could have blown up his whole tribe for no reason. And I'm pretty skeptical that ousting Cliff was a good move. For one thing, no mater how much you distrust him, keeping brawn people in the game for the eventual merge has to still be te best approach. For another, concerns about being like a physical threat were absurd. Yeah, he's going to win basketball related challenges, but there's no way that will constitute a high percentage of remaining challenges. And we know there are exactly two physical types of players that become dominating challenge streak threats: The generally strong, stocky older man (think Terry or Tom Westman), and the lanky runner man (Erik, Fabio, Ozzy). I think Woo is far more likely to be a later challenge threat than Cliff, although it's too early to be thinking like this anyway.

It was kind of hilarious how dumb the beauty people were, wanting to spill everything in five seconds. I don't really like Spencer all that much, but I was sort of happy for him and Cass and that other girl.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2014, 01:55:50 pm »

I'm loving this season, though not because there is a character I'm really rooting for, but rather because they are all fairly entertaining. LJ is probably the closest to the person I am rooting for right now, just because he seems the most competent.

I find Tony (the bald cop) highly entertaining, but I disagree strongly that he is playing "pretty well." I think he was clearly overplaying. His "feed lies to the other cop" plan was really stupid and could have blown up his whole tribe for no reason. And I'm pretty skeptical that ousting Cliff was a good move.

I bet you thought Russell Hantz was overplaying, too. Well I think he did about the right amount in playing in S19 because it worked out for him. Maybe Tony is overplaying, maybe he's underplaying; maybe voting Cliff off now was a good move, maybe it was a bad move; I think it's too early to tell. But I like where he's going and I think he's going to do very well. If I have to pick one person right now with the highest chances of winning the game, it's him. And I like him.

I don't really like Spencer all that much, but I was sort of happy for him and Cass and that other girl.

I like all three of them, especially Spencer <3 <3 <3

Potato potahto I guess.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »

I find Tony (the bald cop) highly entertaining, but I disagree strongly that he is playing "pretty well." I think he was clearly overplaying. His "feed lies to the other cop" plan was really stupid and could have blown up his whole tribe for no reason. And I'm pretty skeptical that ousting Cliff was a good move.

I bet you thought Russell Hantz was overplaying, too. Well I think he did about the right amount in playing in S19 because it worked out for him. Maybe Tony is overplaying, maybe he's underplaying; maybe voting Cliff off now was a good move, maybe it was a bad move; I think it's too early to tell. But I like where he's going and I think he's going to do very well. If I have to pick one person right now with the highest chances of winning the game, it's him. And I like him.

No, I was a big Russel Hantz fan, especially the first time, when he absolutely should have won. (The second time, Parvati should have won, even he admitted.)

I think Russel's machinations were more logical than Tony's. I guess I could be wrong though.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Survivor
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2014, 02:12:46 pm »

Well Tony's social game is very different from Russell's was, and I'm sure a lot went into his decision this time that we didn't get to see because it was the suspense for this vote; that's why I say it's too early to tell.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »

There are a lot of likeable people this season, I think. I really like all the remaining brain tribe people (Kass is hilarious), JT, the cops (though I agree that Tony is taking a lot of risks, could definitely come back to bite him), Woo, and even Morgan and that other dark-haired beauty girl seem cool. I liked Cliff a lot so I was sad to see him go, also sad for what this probably means for Woo.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2014, 02:26:15 pm »

I can't believe you guys liked Russell. I mean, he had an excellent game in certain ways but he was just such a slime. I guess I have a hard time separating the player from the person sometimes. I rooted against him every time, though I respected the fact that he deserved to at least make it to the finals. As a fan of the show, I am glad that he was a player, but the guy was the ultimate in unlikeability.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2014, 02:30:48 pm »

he was just such a slime.

Why was he a slime? Because he lied in a game of Survivor? ;D

I mean, it's really not difficult to see he was edited to be a villain. Yeah he said some things in the context of a game that can be objectionable, but it's really easy to tell that he isn't a bad person. I mean, I watched every episode of his show "Flipped Off," which I'm pretty sure is a better glimpse into who he really is than Survivor is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.