Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  All

Author Topic: Survivor  (Read 67300 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2015, 11:33:03 am »

Rodney is actually crazy, and Dan celebrating early is now one of my favorite motifs of the season. I was torn between wanting to see Tyler succeed and wanting people to recognize him as a threat and take him out. At this point, I am liking Mike and Carolyn, so would be pleased with either of them winning.

Can we talk about Will and Shirin? I've been annoyed with Will since he stayed instead of Nina, and then even more annoyed when he turned on the no collars without any fanfare.

I thought he was somewhat redeemed when he shared his food but that turned around almost immediately when he attacked Shirin. We didn't see her accusing him of withholding, but even if she did...That's the game. We had seen several examples of it already this very season! His reaction I thought was so disgusting, vile even. He's the ultimate goat now, but Dan and others hardly even reacted to Will. Dan even said she had it coming. Really???
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2015, 12:46:05 pm »

Yeah, what Will did was disgusting. I can't believe he wouldn't apologize, even afterwards. Someone really should have stood up, said "Fuck you Will", led Shirin away from the situation and said "If anyone else feels like what Will is doing is vile, and just wrong, you are welcome to follow us". Alas. It's tricky for anyone not named Will though, as much as it's obvious you don't treat anyone the way he did, the others are there trying to win the game and rocking the boat by siding with someone (generally disliked) from outside the alliance is, while what you absolutely should do in real life, also potentially bad and scary as a game move. It's actually somewhat sad that someone like Will has a good shot at 100k for 2nd/3rd place finish, while people like Joe get targeted early and have the experience they love cut short because they are threatening.

About Shirin, I liked her when she was on the show, but after seeing her in Ponderosa (in her own video and in Tyler's which she basically hijacked) I'm starting to think she might have gotten a very favorable edit. Tyler actually said to her "Hey, this is kind of my moment... can we not talk about you for a minute?" which was pretty amusing.

Any thoughts on the s32 voting? Should be a fun season ahead!

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2015, 09:58:06 pm »

Wow, now that Tyler is gone I really don't like anyone who is left. Sad. I guess I'll be happy if Rodney doesn't win. I was really disappointed to see Tyler voting for Mike, he should have known he was in trouble enough to throw his vote at Dan at the very least.

I tried to log in to select my favorite people for S32, but CBS wouldn't let me. That's so unfortunate. I really just don't want to see Brad Culpepper on again. Who thought that was a good idea? Ugh.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2015, 01:07:53 am »

I do!! He was playing hard and wanted it a lot. Makes for great TV.

Nevermind

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2015, 12:25:42 pm »

I'm finally all caught up with the current season of Survivor, so time for opinions. I loved Mike's move to save Shireen (spell check), making him more preferable to me if he makes it to the final four. Right of the bat, I wanted Rodney gone. His "give no respect" is, bluntly put, a discredidation (bring out the spell check) to not just humans, but also to the ideas of liberty and equality. How he's made it this far, I don't know. Will and Shireen, man, I am so biased on this. Will probably shouldn't have come this far in the first place. Sure, it was a nice gesture for him to give up his personal stash of food, but that doesn't mean he is hiding any. I believe Shireen had a right to ask if Will left some particulars out, then again, a whole verbal fight shouldn't have ensued. Did I say fight? Strike that. First quarter was a fight, rest of the talk was a verbal bullying. I believe Will was in most of the wrong, and Shireen shouldn't have been the abusee. Can't wait to see what happens next time on... Survivor!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2015, 01:33:41 pm »

NOT LOOKING NOT LOOKING NOT LOOKING NOT LOOKING

I'm 25 minutes into the first episode. Wow the guys are all idiots.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 14, 2015, 01:41:30 pm »
+1

Edit: It just got worse when the fat guy said stuff.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2015, 09:21:56 am »

So not the most exciting finish. I'm happy Mike won though.

Cast for 31 looks fun, I'm unhappy Woo made it over someone like Shane or Troyzan though.

Carolyn had a really really bad night, wowzers.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2015, 11:42:09 am »

Rodney didn't win, so I'm about as happy as I can be with this finale. My fiancee and I had a little celebration when he was eliminated ;D

I'm actually really happy about the cast for next season. There were three things I really wanted to happen: Andrew Savage and Stephen Fishbach are in, and Brad Culpepper is not. All of these things happened so I'm really happy. I would have liked to have seen Shane Powers and Stephanie in there, and I was sad when they didn't get picked, but other than that I'm really happy about it. Spencer <3 <3 <3 is there, Kelly W. is there, Kimmi is there. I have so many people to root for!

I suppose I'm pickier about the men than the women, because in my mind each male cast on the show is taking MY spot :P I'm really hoping that Culpepper not being picked signals to the CBS cast that next time they feel like casting a celebrity on the show, which is an awful idea by itself, that they realize that nobody wants to see that and instead they cast me.

Do you hear that, Probst? CAST ME! 8)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2015, 01:23:57 pm »

Would people in here have interest for doing some sort of a draft for the winner of S31? Or even some sort of a point system for whoever predicts who does and doesn't do well best. We could play for the title of the survivor expert of f.ds or something!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2015, 02:01:54 pm »
+1

STILL NOT READING STILL NOT READING STILL NOT READING

I am like half way thru the season--I just saw Hali booted. That was a huge bummer; I can't ever recall a previous season where I was so decisively rooting for one tribe/alliance (NC) over another (BC). The NC alliance has the amazing, hilarious, brilliant Jenn; the lovable, attractive, Constitution-affirming Hali; entertaining superfan Shrin; and walking human perfection Joe. The Blue Collar alliance has Dan, a caricature of a sneering hateful government employee; Rodney, who is closing in on Worst 5 people on Survivor ever (with Naonka, Colton, and Brandon Hantz); whiny, wishy-washy Sierra; and Mike, who I guess is fine (and probably winning this game, he seems like he's getting the victory edit), but just not my fav.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2015, 02:22:44 pm »

Would people in here have interest for doing some sort of a draft for the winner of S31? Or even some sort of a point system for whoever predicts who does and doesn't do well best. We could play for the title of the survivor expert of f.ds or something!

I did a Fantasy League a few years ago. I'd be up for doing this with some people here, to see who can get the highest score among us.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2015, 11:00:08 am »
+1

Do you hear that, Probst? CAST ME! 8)
Honestly, from your stream and Forum survivor stuff, I think you would make fantastic TV Adam.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2015, 02:21:47 pm »

Finally watched the finale last night. I actually liked Carolyn and wished to the stars and back that she would have gotten more votes than terrible, terrible Will. Mike was the deserving winner, and although he got a favorable edit, there were moments (Shirin in Final Tribal; Sierra earlier in the game) that revealed him as a really solid person. Not perfect (that moment at the auction was a very low point), but a solid person and great competitor who deserves the title.

Next season I am just ridiculously excited about. I get half my beloved brain tribe back, and perfect Joe? Stop right there, it's already a great season. But then we get Kelly W AND Kelley W, Shirin, Savage, Keith, Vytas, Terry, and Ciera too?? It's too much. The only other person I really hoped we'd see back was Shane, but who knows if he would be half as entertaining if he wasn't coming off of a nicotine addiction.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2015, 02:24:00 pm »

I would definitely participate in a fantasy game. Although I'm unlikely to ever be able to discuss the results the day of because I have another important commitment on Wednesday nights now. :'(

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2015, 02:29:06 pm »

He said he would have quit cold turkey this time as well.  :'( It's a travesty he didn't get to play again.

Shane did an interview with Rob C the day after the finale of S30 (and the cast announcement for 31). Highly recommend for everyone, Shane is amazing and he shares some fun insight on the coming season as well. http://robhasawebsite.com/the-survivor-31-second-chances-funeral-of-shane-powers/

PPE: Re: Dsell: I usually watch with a one day delay as well.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2015, 02:22:02 pm »
+1

I finished the season!

I was fine with Mike winning, he played well, and is a good guy. Someone to root for. I think, arguably, Carolyn played a stronger game... slightly weaker in challenges but still pretty good, and then just much stronger in terms of the social game, and especially strategically. She was deemed the biggest non-Mike threat at the Dan vote, and then yet somehow survived when vulnerable at the Sierra and Rodney votes. Pretty impressive.

Overall, I would say this was just an average season of Survivor. It was interesting, and I liked that most of the players seemed interested in strategy and game play (especially when compared to last season, when everyone was nice but boring), but man, a lot of these people were just loathsome human beings. I thought Rodney was bad, but Will was even worse, and I think, ultimately, he was topped by Dan, who is just an utter glowering sociopathic misogynist. I pray to the Survivor gods that they never bring him back.

And I'm super excited about next season! Only a couple choices--Kimmi and Kelley Wentworth--stood out to me as particularly bad. On the whole, I think it's actually a much stronger cast than Fans vs. Favorites II. Super excited to see Vytas again, PG Law, Terry... and of course, walking human perfection Joe. I feel the way about Joe that Adam feels about Spencer.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »
+1

I'm a gigantic Joe fanboy, but I don't think he played particularly well his first time around. I can't really imagine him doing well.

A simple draft for the winner of next season would be very easy to do via the forum if we could get 4 or 5 people (since there are 20 players).

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »
+1

I love both Spencer and Joe just so much. It's my fantasy that they'll kiss work together.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2015, 03:56:58 pm »

Season premiere of S31 was last night! SQUEEEEE!!!!!

I was really happy with pretty much all of the cast this season. Only a few people that I actively dislike and only a few more that I'm mostly apathetic about. This season I'm rooting for Spencer and Savage, and I also want to see Shirin and Fishbach do well.

I was really happy to see Vytas voted out first, especially because Shirin totally pegged him and struck very effectively. I'm also happy to see that tribe lose because all of the people I dislike are there: Vytas, Peih-Gee, Kelley Wentworth (why did they put two Kelly/Kelley W people on the same tribe? It's going to be really difficult to talk about them).

A big confusion I had surrounded Jeff. He seemed to be playing really poorly at Tribal Council, just talking way too much and overplaying his hand on day 3. I really don't see him going far and the whole time I was wondering why on earth he would talk as much as he did. I really don't see him making it much past the merge. But then I heard that he went into the game with a pre-game alliance with Terry, Kelly Wigglesworth, and maybe some other people, and he decided to turn on them. So at least that explains why he was saying a lot of the things he said, but still that doesn't make it a good idea.

They seemed to focus a lot on Woo for some reason. Is that because he wins? I'd be really disappointed if he won.

Anyways, I'm really excited to see where this one goes. When was the last time there was no tribe switch? S23? It's been a minute. It would be really refreshing to not see one this time, though I'd be shocked if that happened. I wonder how many people out there will be genuinely shocked when the tribes switch? :P

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 30, 2015, 03:02:11 pm »

I just watched it. Very entertaining episode, hugely promising cast. This has the makings of a great season.

I LOVED the twist with the Hidden Immunity Idol. That was a brilliant idea. And watching Wentworth try to decide to go for it, go for it, and get away with it, was super suspenseful and masterfully edited. I was very impressed with her, actually. I could totally see her doing well. She fits the mold of returning people who do well in subsequent seasons, too... think Amber, Parvati, etc.

I liked Vytas a lot last time. It's clear, though, that he was doing a terrible job here, and was just alienating all the women. I do think booting him was a self-crippling move for that team, though. They were already physically outmatched, and this makes the difference between the two teams really stark. I also give all the Vytas voters 5 more minutes before they regret not extinguishing Abi when they had the chance. She is, frankly, the worst.

Surprised by how excited I was to see all the people from Tony's season back--even Spencer and Woo, people I really didn't care for. Tasha is pretty great. Kass... ah, Kass is so great. I mean, no, she's terrible, but what a great Survivor character. Just someone who quietly wants to ruin everything, just because she can and thinks she's entitled.

Jeremy's decision to band together all the strong guys is fairly smart, especially after last season's "execute the strong" unfolded week after week until no one capable of defeating Mike was left in the second half of the game. Of course that kind of alliance is vulnerable to getting picked off by the girls + 1 weaker or marginalized guy (hey, Fishbach!).

Not sure what to make of Varner. He's playing a little too loudly, I think, to do well. Spencer and Shirin seem well-placed to run that tribe behind the scenes, especially if they work together.

Joe, still walking human perfection (Savage's daughters speak for everyone), still has no way to win the game, short of never losing a challenge. But if anyone could do it, it's him.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 08, 2015, 10:15:11 am »
+1

It's been a fun season, as expected! It's really hard to say who is doing well and who isn't. Jeremy and Kelly Wentworth seem to be in good positions, maybe?

Woo being blindsided again and again is hilarious. Living with Abi must be really miserable.

I'm rooting for a lot of people. It's a likable cast.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2015, 09:11:15 am »

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!

They used my tribe switch idea from FS2! This not only means that it was a good idea but it also means that they followed FS2 really closely and they're definitely going to cast me! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think Savage made a mistake here -- they were in a great spot and could have voted out Abi, but Savage decided to go to PG with that and align with Abi instead. I feel like his alliance with PG and Woo would have been better for them than Jeff and Abi. We'll see if it ends up biting him, I think it will.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2015, 09:30:32 am »

PG was tight with Woo, and with Jeff. What makes you think they wouldn't have voted Savage/Tasha out next week? Whereas Woo and Abi obviously aren't getting along, and now they are in all likelihood ousting Jeff next, unless Abi goes crazy enough to turn it on herself of course (a possibility that shouldn't be dismissed of course).

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2015, 09:34:37 am »

I mean, you could be right. We aren't seeing the whole story, but that's my read. It's based on the fact that this whole thing started with people wanting to vote out Jeff in the first place, so I assume he would be next and it would be down to PG/Woo and Savage/Tasha. I think that alliances like that, with two tight pairs, tend to be pretty loyal to each other since there's even footing there -- you know if one person wants to make a move, two people have to hide it from you. It's also a chance to be in an alliance without people being threatened by the fact that you are part of a tight pair, which is rare in Survivor.

But we'll see how it works out. Abi seems to discard her former "alliance" every week in favor of something new and chaotic, so let's see what she comes up with this week.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.