Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 613390 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2800 on: February 16, 2017, 10:53:55 pm »

First time I crafted a legendary (Sylvanus), and I'll even get my dust back, yay!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 17, 2017, 10:47:38 am »

Yeah, basically get two free legendaries if you have them and two free legendaries if you don't.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 17, 2017, 11:41:53 am »

Yeah, basically get two free legendaries if you have them and two free legendaries if you don't.

I'm short on dust right now, but I heard there might be dust/gold/pack/other daily rewards for logging in leading up the expansion release, so hopefully won't even have to disenchant stuff to craft a free Ragnaros.

With a huge dust reserve, one can even craft a golden Sylvania's and/or Ragnaros then disenchant the golden legendary card(s) after getting the 3200 gifted dust refund for an extra 1600 dust surplus.

To top it off, you'll be happy to have Sylvanas and Ragnaros in your collection even if they are only usable in Wild.

A bit of a bummer that they don't plan on having a Naxx/BRM/LoE/ONiK style adventure during the Year of the Mammoth, at least in price model.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 17, 2017, 12:42:53 pm »

Yeah, the lack of an adventure is about money imho. Adventures are pretty easily bought with gold. I bought packs until end of 2016. I've been saving gold since 1/2/17 and have 3700 as of today. This means all current players since the beginning of 17 could easily take an adventure for free.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 17, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »

Yeah, the lack of an adventure is about money imho. Adventures are pretty easily bought with gold. I bought packs until end of 2016. I've been saving gold since 1/2/17 and have 3700 as of today. This means all current players since the beginning of 17 could easily take an adventure for free.

I've had a similar experience, except I was still buying packs in 2017 here and there, so I only have about 2800 gold.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: February 20, 2017, 07:37:32 am »

Achieved Golden Priest. Only one left is Shaman with 123 wins to go. God, I hate playing Shaman, what a grind. At least it's a strong class for the next few days.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 21, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »

Achieved Golden Priest. Only one left is Shaman with 123 wins to go. God, I hate playing Shaman, what a grind. At least it's a strong class for the next few days.

Whew, I just achieved Golden Priest and made it to Rank 5 this season with Dragon Priest. Between Netherspite Historian and Drakonid Operative, you don't really need to add any cards above 6 mana. Just discover them when not facing aggro.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 22, 2017, 02:17:48 am »

Priests and Shamans seem so strong right now that I almost can't remember a time when they weren't the OP classes.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 22, 2017, 08:36:01 am »

Priests and Shamans seem so strong right now that I almost can't remember a time when they weren't the OP classes.

Priest feels like it only got its big boost for the year since Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, but Shaman? I remember them being weak around the time of...pre-nerf Undertaker? Goblins vs. Gnomes at least gave them mech aggro.

I was thinking, Hunter hasn't been doing so well these days in standard. I think that's because the Reno/Kazakus decks can handle them well and the pirate decks are faster than Hunter decks while Hunters themselves can't exploit it. I think if Hunter literally had just Glaivezooka in standard, they would have been up there with the other dominating pirate aggro decks. Then again, they don't have a 1-mana weapon or Rogue hero power. I guess I can check this in Wild.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 22, 2017, 01:17:35 pm »

Had this crazy idea to use the upcoming Rag/Sylvanus dust to craft Gelbin and ETC since there is no other way to obtain them. Of course I would wait to see what I got in the new expansion packs and what I needed to be competitive but seeing as I intend to collect all classic cards I'm going to have to bite this bullet at some point.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 22, 2017, 02:17:43 pm »

Had this crazy idea to use the upcoming Rag/Sylvanus dust to craft Gelbin and ETC since there is no other way to obtain them. Of course I would wait to see what I got in the new expansion packs and what I needed to be competitive but seeing as I intend to collect all classic cards I'm going to have to bite this bullet at some point.

Oh wow, I just got to play with Gelbin today during the Tavern Brawl. It was a really fun card. Don't know about ETC.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 07, 2017, 11:05:17 pm »

They're both really fun cards, but also very silly cards.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 12, 2017, 11:41:44 am »
+3

Achieved all 9 golden portraits. All that's left is to get the legendary card back and collect the entire classic set and then I will have learned Hearthstone.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 12, 2017, 12:10:55 pm »

Achieved all 9 golden portraits. All that's left is to get the legendary card back and collect the entire classic set and then I will have learned Hearthstone.

Grats!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 12, 2017, 02:40:39 pm »

Nice.

I just got my 5th gold portrait. Next one is around 375. But I play only on occasion now, so it'll be a while for the next one. I already got the legend card back.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 12, 2017, 04:34:04 pm »

Awesome job! The closest I am is 300 wins with hunter. Everything else is less than 100. Got a long way to go.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 12, 2017, 04:50:26 pm »

Nice.

I just got my 5th gold portrait. Next one is around 375. But I play only on occasion now, so it'll be a while for the next one. I already got the legend card back.
I'm sure you'd have gotten there a long ways back if Arena counted towards them.
I am really looking forward to playing with whatever hero I want without thinking about the ones not finished which really starts limiting the diversity of play towards the end.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 12, 2017, 05:33:38 pm »

Nice.

I'm sure you'd have gotten there a long ways back if Arena counted towards them.
I am really looking forward to playing with whatever hero I want without thinking about the ones not finished which really starts limiting the diversity of play towards the end.

Oh for sure I'd have them all if arena counted. I play mostly arena when I do play now, and with those thousands of wins I'd probably have at least 2 more (one is hunter which I didnt play much for the longest time in arena). Also I miscounted. I have 6 golden portraits.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 01, 2017, 07:48:20 pm »

Jesus Christ

A Druid getting Poisoned Blade off of a Lotus Agents is fucking frightening as hell
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2819 on: April 02, 2017, 03:06:02 am »

Jesus Christ

A Druid getting Poisoned Blade off of a Lotus Agents is fucking frightening as hell

It still doesn't sound like a very good card to me, really. In the best case scenario, which is that you're using your hero power every turn anyway, it's still just a X/3 weapon for $4 where X is 3 on average, which is fine but not amazing, especially since you get the weakest hit on the turn when you spend all 6 mana on it. If you're not using your hero power every turn, it's worse than that (you might get less attack, you might have to wait before attacking, or you might use your hero power anyway and lose some tempo as a result). I guess you could technically use the hero power and then not attack to get a bigger weapon, but that's almost as awful as a Druid as it is as a Rogue.

I mean, a Druid could get Fire Elemental off of a Lotus Agents too, and that also costs $6 and deals 3 damage, but instead of a 3½/2 weapon, you're left with a 6/5 body, which is a lot better than that weapon.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: April 02, 2017, 08:17:41 am »

The next expansion seems like it has a few noteworthy cards.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/guides/2223-journey-to-ungoro-hearthstones-fifth-expansion

One of the scariest card for me might be that new Unstable (Spell) Portal. Like, maybe Mage didn't get much else to make them proactive, but the horror of Unstable Portal shall be renewed.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: April 06, 2017, 02:48:05 pm »

Of 100 Un'Goro Packs Opened:

Golden Cards:
Feeding Time
Stubborn Gastropod
Tolvir Stoneshaper
Binding Heal
Vicious Fledgling X2
Giant Mastodon X2
Arcanologist
Eggnapper
Primalfin Lookout X2
Steam Surger
Terrorscale Stalker
Hot Spring Guardian
Volcano
Volanosaur (gifted)

I DE'd all of the above except Volcano as I only have 1 regular version of it.

I got 9+ of several cards which include but are not limited to:
Elder Longneck
Fire Fly
Tar Lord
Ultrasaur
Tar Lurker (probably 30 of these actually)

Legendaries:
Sunkeeper Tarim, Hemet, Lakarri Sacrifice

Here's the pack value breakdown:
1 Pack had 1 Legendary and 1 Rare
2 Packs had just 1 Legendary
4 Packs had 2 Rares and 1 Epic
5 Packs had just 1 Epic
10 packs had 1 Rare and 1 Epic
14 Packs had 2 Rares
64 Packs had just 1 Rare

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: April 06, 2017, 03:01:36 pm »

Zoolock is back, Devilsaur Egg into Pterror Dax is a good enough combo that that feels like it's the aggro deck to beat. (Like Nerubian Egg Zoos of the past)

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: April 06, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »

Zoolock is back, Devilsaur Egg into Pterror Dax is a good enough combo that that feels like it's the aggro deck to beat. (Like Nerubian Egg Zoos of the past)

And also just Devilsaur Egg into Defender of Argus seems less dramatic but still acceptable. It's a shame for Zoo that Eggnapper isn't stronger. I'm curious as to what else might curve well into Pterrordax for Zoo besides the new Egg.

So I opened 88 Packs, 50 of which came from the preorder. I got five legendaries, in this order:

Mage Quest (Open the Waygate)
Kalimos, Primal Lord
Pyros
Hunter Quest (The Marsh Queen)
Shaman Quest (Unite the Murlocs)

Pretty happy with this turnout. These Legendaries are enough to keep me busy for awhile, though I would also like to see the Warlock Legendaries in action.

I also opened five of the same epic, one of them being golden. It was that Warlock Epic minion that discovers a spell at the cost of health (Chittering Tunneler).

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: April 06, 2017, 07:47:37 pm »

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.