Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 613712 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2075 on: January 14, 2015, 03:52:19 pm »
+1

I just discovered that if you have a redemption, a cult master, and other minions a mass removal spell still lets you draw cards off of cultmaster if it's the minion brought back.  I drew three cards I did not expect to draw.
Reminds me, if Mad Scientist dies to AOE with another minion and the Mad Scientist's deathrattle triggers first, the secret played, like Duplicate and I guess Redemption, can activate on a friendly minion killed by the AOE. I believe the deathrattles trigger in the order the minions were played.

So if a Pally has Mad Scientist and a pair of 3/2s, gets hit by Consecrate, and the Mad Sci pulls Avenge, does the second 3/2 get the +3/+2 from Avenge, or does it die first and the Avenge gets left behind?
It's like, all minions that would die to an AoE like Consecration are marked as dead, but the effects that trigger on their death (ex. Deathrattle, living Cult Master) are executed in a specific order. Avenge won't trigger unless there is a friendly minion not marked for death. If the second 3/2 was a 3/3 instead, then Avenge triggers if the 3/2 that died has it's death processed after Mad Scientist. Weird stuff.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: January 14, 2015, 04:34:01 pm »

I just discovered that if you have a redemption, a cult master, and other minions a mass removal spell still lets you draw cards off of cultmaster if it's the minion brought back.  I drew three cards I did not expect to draw.
Reminds me, if Mad Scientist dies to AOE with another minion and the Mad Scientist's deathrattle triggers first, the secret played, like Duplicate and I guess Redemption, can activate on a friendly minion killed by the AOE. I believe the deathrattles trigger in the order the minions were played.

So if a Pally has Mad Scientist and a pair of 3/2s, gets hit by Consecrate, and the Mad Sci pulls Avenge, does the second 3/2 get the +3/+2 from Avenge, or does it die first and the Avenge gets left behind?
It's like, all minions that would die to an AoE like Consecration are marked as dead, but the effects that trigger on their death (ex. Deathrattle, living Cult Master) are executed in a specific order. Avenge won't trigger unless there is a friendly minion not marked for death. If the second 3/2 was a 3/3 instead, then Avenge triggers if the 3/2 that died has it's death processed after Mad Scientist. Weird stuff.

Same logic that ensures dead minions are no longer valid knife targets for juggler.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: January 15, 2015, 04:15:38 pm »

Just opened a Dark Wispers.  Is this seeing play?  Combos with the cards in Token Druid decks...it is like 5 spells with a teacher out for six...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: January 15, 2015, 04:43:15 pm »

Just opened a Dark Wispers.  Is this seeing play?  Combos with the cards in Token Druid decks...it is like 5 spells with a teacher out for six...

I have never seen it played except when I had to pick it in arena over worse epics.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: January 15, 2015, 05:04:59 pm »

Seems like it would be okay in Token Druid decks as you can buff a token or generate a bunch, but it's just so expensive... and Token Druid isn't really that good.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: January 15, 2015, 05:05:25 pm »

I have never seen it played except when I had to pick it in arena over worse epics.

I've seen it before in constructed, but not at high level play. It's not the worst card ever, but I haven't seen anyone make anything amazing out of it.

Dekryr

• Baron
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 20, 2015, 07:03:42 pm »

I've seen Firebat run it one of the early tournaments after GVG came out. It was a token deck, but it was usually stuck in his hand. He could never find the right time to play it. The one time he did, immediate AOE. I don't remember what tourney it was. It just costs too much for what it does I think.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 20, 2015, 07:27:18 pm »

Just learned that Jaraxxus can't be healed above 15 health. It makes a lot of sense, but it just allowed me to win a mill druid v. handlock matchup I wouldn't have won if he could have healed above 15.

Dekryr

• Baron
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: January 26, 2015, 07:19:44 pm »

Just learned that Jaraxxus can't be healed above 15 health. It makes a lot of sense, but it just allowed me to win a mill druid v. handlock matchup I wouldn't have won if he could have healed above 15.

Jaraxxus's max health is 15. Very important when considering Molten Giant plays as well.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: January 29, 2015, 01:45:18 pm »

http://firstadopter.tumblr.com/

Rumor that the next HS expansion is slated for April, also some other neat Blizzard notes on there. Just a rumor but interesting stuff regardless.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: January 29, 2015, 02:05:27 pm »

Rumor that the next HS expansion is slated for April, also some other neat Blizzard notes on there. Just a rumor but interesting stuff regardless.

Interesting, focusing on Player vs Environment? Not really sure what PvE would mean for Hearthstone. Maybe cards that introduce weather-like elements, that function like Enchantments in MtG? Everything costs more if it's raining, minions freeze after attacking if it's snowing, etc. Doesn't have to literally be weather, but things randomly happening that affect the game state would make the game play differently and be interesting. Maybe there's gremlins that you can attack instead of enemy heroes to draw extra cards or gain mana crystals. Who knows? That sounds like a big change to the game which could be exciting.

2v2 is something I'm leery about, would depend a lot on implementation. I don't really think it would work so I'll believe it if it's initially announced.

(Obviously this is all assuming these rumours are true, which may not be the case at all.)

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 29, 2015, 02:43:26 pm »

Seems fishy

But I think next release would be adventure, not expansion

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 29, 2015, 04:33:44 pm »

They fixed the lag on secret triggers, and they also fixed the store defaulting to classic.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 29, 2015, 04:38:11 pm »

Interesting, focusing on Player vs Environment? Not really sure what PvE would mean for Hearthstone. Maybe cards that introduce weather-like elements, that function like Enchantments in MtG? Everything costs more if it's raining, minions freeze after attacking if it's snowing, etc. Doesn't have to literally be weather, but things randomly happening that affect the game state would make the game play differently and be interesting. Maybe there's gremlins that you can attack instead of enemy heroes to draw extra cards or gain mana crystals. Who knows? That sounds like a big change to the game which could be exciting.

2v2 is something I'm leery about, would depend a lot on implementation. I don't really think it would work so I'll believe it if it's initially announced.

(Obviously this is all assuming these rumours are true, which may not be the case at all.)
I think by PvE they just mean single-player, like the Naxx adventure mode. The E in PvE rarely refers to the literal environment in a game.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 29, 2015, 04:53:26 pm »

I think by PvE they just mean single-player, like the Naxx adventure mode. The E in PvE rarely refers to the literal environment in a game.

Maybe, I have no idea. I was taking the E literally, and thinking about how that might work in Hearthstone. I'm just happy if they keep unveiling new stuff. The pace they've been doing it at is fine for me.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 29, 2015, 04:55:17 pm »

I would bet the next release is an adventure. Expansions take a longer time to make, so just putting out 30 cards might be easier for them and give them more time for the next expansion. Also I'm more eager for an adventure than an expansion. Playing the bosses is a lot of fun.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 31, 2015, 04:21:58 am »

Maybe, I have no idea. I was taking the E literally, and thinking about how that might work in Hearthstone. I'm just happy if they keep unveiling new stuff. The pace they've been doing it at is fine for me.
To be honest I thought the E in PvE stood for "enemy", so I learned something.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: February 01, 2015, 01:56:58 pm »
+1

To be honest I thought the E in PvE stood for "enemy", so I learned something.

I had to look it up, so I too learned something. Maybe the E here truly stood for Education.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: February 01, 2015, 02:10:24 pm »

I thought PvP is player vs player and PvE player vs "everything else".

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: February 06, 2015, 11:07:12 am »

Apparently there are just 25 mils players, not 75 mils. So I think we can disregard all other "news" from this insider as well

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: February 06, 2015, 11:09:27 am »

Ahhh, thats because all you young 'uns grew up on these new fangled games
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: February 13, 2015, 02:45:46 am »

There seems to be "new content anounceent" on PAX East on March 6th

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 05, 2015, 12:11:35 pm »

I love Antonidas. He's one of those cards that usually either results in your opponent having an answer for (Sylvanas, Polymorph, Hex, Rag, lots of bodies to throw at him, etc) or immediately conceding. The only thing I love more than having your opponent immediately concede when you plop down Antonidas and they can't respond is to have them actually try to play it out (because they have lots of cards or maybe they can draw an answer or they think their life total is just too high too lose) while you just demolish their board with an endless rain of fireballs while Antonidas shouts "Ah-ha!"

Just had a really drawn our Jeeves Mage game where I finally drew my Antonidas with 10 mana and 2 Ice Lances. It ended 2 turns later, but the Antonidas beat down was too enjoyable.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 05, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »

Just had a really drawn our Jeeves Mage game where I finally drew my Antonidas with 10 mana and 2 Ice Lances. It ended 2 turns later, but the Antonidas beat down was too enjoyable.

I agree about the Antonidas fun, but you run him with Jeeves? It seems like an anti-synergy. With Jeeves, you want to dump the cheap spells to draw, and then you don't have them when you get Antonidas.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 05, 2015, 01:03:28 pm »

I agree about the Antonidas fun, but you run him with Jeeves? It seems like an anti-synergy. With Jeeves, you want to dump the cheap spells to draw, and then you don't have them when you get Antonidas.

There's also synergy too, though. Jeeves lets you run cheap spells you normally couldn't justify, and Antonidas lets you run cheap spells you normally couldn't justify.  Running both makes it less likely that you "whiff" and fail to draw a minion that makes you feel like less of a crackhead for running Ice Lance.

2 Antonidas is strictly better for that kind of synergy, but none of the pros do that for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.