Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 613334 times)

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1925 on: November 07, 2014, 08:14:12 pm »

Well, I am rooting for him so that's good (and would he lose his handlock has not many chances vs this pal). But I think RunAndGood would have bitter taste after this match would he lose

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: November 07, 2014, 11:17:50 pm »

Such a suspence in both Kolento matches today

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 08, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »

I played probably 40 games today and did not see a single hunter.

Also my Druid deck is getting far more wins than usual.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 09, 2014, 10:18:03 pm »

Fyi split expansion into its own thread.  Plenty to discuss!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 09, 2014, 10:57:15 pm »

I'm finding that aggro warrior has been fantastic to climb with early season. It's gone from rank 20 to rank 13 so far without a loss, with no game taking more than 8 turns. I'll see how far up I can get before it starts running into decks that can beat it!

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 11, 2014, 07:29:30 pm »
+1

Go 3-3 in arena

"Well that's not too great but I at least got back 50 gold and broke even, let's see this pack."

Baron Geddon
Nozdormu
Mindgames
SI:7 Agent
Naturalize

fjweiofqjwefwejqio
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 11, 2014, 08:47:31 pm »
+1

This is bad. I'm being sucked in.

I haven't played WoW in over 5 years, but just reading all the names, spells, actions etc. gives me such a kick. Especially that so many of them do in cards exactly what I would imagine their in-game mechanic would've translated to.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: November 11, 2014, 09:25:07 pm »

Never played WoW sucked in anyway,

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 11, 2014, 09:57:22 pm »

I haven't played WoW in over 5 years, but just reading all the names, spells, actions etc. gives me such a kick. Especially that so many of them do in cards exactly what I would imagine their in-game mechanic would've translated to.

I just got sucked in because it's cards with catch phrases.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: November 11, 2014, 10:02:52 pm »

Never played WoW sucked in anyway,
Same here.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1935 on: November 12, 2014, 03:22:06 am »

I got sucked in thanks to Warcraft III.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: November 12, 2014, 08:37:46 am »

I know, right?  The way many of the legendaries work is precisely what you'd expect for those characters.  Even some of the non-legendaries (Ancient of War, Ancient of Lore, hunter traps) are exactly what you'd have in game.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 12, 2014, 11:26:32 pm »

I don't even know how wow works, I got sucked in because a friend said to me "It's like Magic but you don't have to spend lots of money on cards."

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: November 13, 2014, 06:38:33 am »

I don't even know how wow works, I got sucked in because a friend said to me "It's like Magic but you don't have to spend lots of money on cards."

Wow works by sucking not only money but especially your social and family life. At least that is all I ever saw and thus why I never did it.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 13, 2014, 09:52:24 am »
+3

Wow works by sucking not only money but especially your social and family life. At least that is all I ever saw and thus why I never did it.

To be fair, there are a significant number of people for whom WOW was their first chance at having a social life.

For instance:  I'll be re-subbing to WOW next week, though not for the expansion; I don't plan to buy it.  I'll be re-subbing because the guild leader of my first real raiding guild--someone who I've been in contact with on FB for nearly ten years--died a few weeks ago.  The old guild had a huge conversation on FB, and we're having a memorial get-together next week in Stormwind.  Shannon had her social life inside WOW for many years; it was her third space, and she formed many friendships there--as did I, or I wouldn't be planning to attend a virtual funeral.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: November 14, 2014, 03:27:19 am »
+2

To be fair, there are a significant number of people for whom WOW was their first chance at having a social life.

For instance:  I'll be re-subbing to WOW next week, though not for the expansion; I don't plan to buy it.  I'll be re-subbing because the guild leader of my first real raiding guild--someone who I've been in contact with on FB for nearly ten years--died a few weeks ago.  The old guild had a huge conversation on FB, and we're having a memorial get-together next week in Stormwind.  Shannon had her social life inside WOW for many years; it was her third space, and she formed many friendships there--as did I, or I wouldn't be planning to attend a virtual funeral.

You're both right, I think.

As far as money goes, well, it's a sink only in that it's a monthly subscription. I guess now they have other ways to spend, but that's based largely on the successes of other FTP games. Hell, look at Hearthstone as a perfect example.

As far as family or social lives go... that's really tough. Like Kirian says, there's a significant person to him that's passed, that he knew through WoW. And while that's not the only social outlet that he knew Shannon through,.it was perhaps the primary, and almost certainly the first.

I personally dated a woman that I met through WoW for four years. Wonderful person. While things didn't work out between us, I think we're both quite happy to have crossed paths - and that never would've happened without WoW.

It's both a social leach, and a social outlet. For many, many people, the game WAS Facebook, or Myspace, or whatever. The connections that were made there were often completely virtual, but they were with real people nevertheless.

Whether through raiding, questing, RP'ing, PVP'ing, or whatever else tickled your fancy, WoW offered you a way to interact with others, to get to know others, and to care about others - in ways that yes, perhaps you could get from "real life", but were real themselves, and were certainly with "real people" all over the world.

PPS is right. WoW is a money and time suck. If you're a family man or woman with a job and/or kids, it can be quite damaging in excess (although to be fair, so can many, many other things - that's a topic for another thread).

But for many the connections they make through WoW are just as valuable and meaningful as any they could make "irl". I consider many people I've met here on f.ds as "real friends", even if I've never met them personally. The same principal applies to WoW, or any other social outlet.

Gaming platform aside, WoW is at it's core, a social outlet. It's one thing I think Hearthstone could benefit from - a way to connect. Talk in-game. Talk out-of-game. A way to be social.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 14, 2014, 08:18:48 am »

^ I must admit, playing Hearthstone with IRL friends makes it so much more fun. In theory, an in-game chat can bring out that extra lightheartedness from strangers. In practice, I prefer not having to deal with the bad manners.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 14, 2014, 10:11:45 am »

I would hope that a "permanently-silence-this player" button is immediately available with the release of any ingame chatting.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 14, 2014, 11:19:46 am »

I would hope that a "permanently-silence-this player" button is immediately available with the release of any ingame chatting.

I agree wholeheartedly. I still wish it was implemented.

Mafia Record:

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1944 on: November 14, 2014, 11:27:38 am »

Isn't it implemented right now (the "squelch" command)?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: November 14, 2014, 12:35:11 pm »

It doesn't work very consistently at all on iPad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1946 on: November 14, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

I was under the impression that it isn't permanent.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #1947 on: November 14, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »
+1

What do you mean by permanent?  It won't work if you queue up against the same person, though I'm not sure that's ever happened to me.  It does work for the rest of the game (unless they turn into Lord Jaraxxus, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION).

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: November 14, 2014, 04:11:10 pm »
+3

Annoy-o-Tron $2
1/2
Taunt
Divine Shield
Your opponent cannot squelch you, and there is no cooldown between your emotes.

...that would be flavorful at least :)
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1949 on: November 16, 2014, 10:40:56 am »
+1

I just had a horrible Druid deck on Arena. I had a couple of good cards (Illidan, Force of Nature and one Swipe), but my curve was awful and I also had to pick stuff like Coldlight Oracles when there was nothing better available. Ended up losing games against pretty bad players, somehow managed to win 2 games too, and got a pack and 40 gold. Yay. Then I opened the pack:

Not even mad.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.