Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 613469 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #825 on: May 16, 2014, 12:20:35 am »

Warrior one is great. You get a built in Whirlwind - that's quite strong.

Most importantly, it's a truesilver champion!  Man, warrior is looking good with both this and fiery war axe.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 16, 2014, 12:29:14 am »

I didn't enter the picks...

But my first pick was a murloc, because it was the only one that would work well for me, so I figured make the most of it

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 16, 2014, 01:13:44 am »

Grimscale Oracle is the unanimous worst arena card, and you should correct that in the future.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 16, 2014, 05:47:44 am »

Murlocks are all horrible and only two creatures on 4-5 mana is worrysome other than that its fine. 4 Consecrates win games.

I didn't enter the picks...

But my first pick was a murloc, because it was the only one that would work well for me, so I figured make the most of it

Pretty much impossible. :D

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 16, 2014, 10:55:58 am »

Alright, next time I'll pick something else :P   I didn't win any games.  I lost the first two (they were close) and the third my internet decided to disconnect me... and it was looking good.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 16, 2014, 11:23:27 am »

Aaarrrrrrrgh.  Build aggro deck.  Fail to draw any 2s or 3s in opening hand.  Grrr

Edit: ... or maybe aggro decks just suck ass?  Or maybe they just suck ass against Priests and all I'm getting matched with is Priests?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:48:03 am by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #831 on: May 16, 2014, 11:51:37 am »

I love my Arena aggro decks.  I find I tend to do better when more than half of my cards are less than 4 mana.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 16, 2014, 11:56:46 am »

I love my Arena aggro decks.  I find I tend to do better when more than half of my cards are less than 4 mana.

Really? I find games last long enough that you can play lots of large minions. I usually aim for lots of 2's, down until around 6 mana where I spike up again.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 16, 2014, 12:46:02 pm »

Aaarrrrrrrgh.  Build aggro deck.  Fail to draw any 2s or 3s in opening hand.  Grrr

Edit: ... or maybe aggro decks just suck ass?  Or maybe they just suck ass against Priests and all I'm getting matched with is Priests?

Do you have any 1s? I find they're essential in aggro/beatdown decks. You really don't want to miss the opportunity to take tempo off that first turn in a way that slower decks can afford to.  Additionally you want to be really efficient with your mana and having a spare Leper Gnome/Worgen Infiltrator/Abusive Sarge to play when you've got 1 mana to spare helps keep the pressure on.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 16, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »

2x Frostbolt, 4x Fireball, 1x Polymorph, 1x Flamestrike.

I think I will do well this run.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 16, 2014, 01:10:48 pm »

Do you have any 1s? I find they're essential in aggro/beatdown decks. You really don't want to miss the opportunity to take tempo off that first turn in a way that slower decks can afford to.  Additionally you want to be really efficient with your mana and having a spare Leper Gnome/Worgen Infiltrator/Abusive Sarge to play when you've got 1 mana to spare helps keep the pressure on.

Yeah, I think I have 4-6 minions and a few spells at 1.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 16, 2014, 01:23:07 pm »

Yknow what?  I think it's priests.  MFers can heal enough to get you into a long game, at which point you're fucked.  This deck is 0-5 against priests and like 3-3 against others.

Also not so great to play an aggro deck against:  A lock holding Jaraxxus.  "27 damage?  I laugh at your 27 damage!  Do 15 more!"  But that one wasn't a bad game at all.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:45:31 pm by Kirian »

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 16, 2014, 05:12:52 pm »

Really? I find games last long enough that you can play lots of large minions. I usually aim for lots of 2's, down until around 6 mana where I spike up again.

For me a typical curve has half the cards under 4, 1/4 at 4, and 1/4 above. 2 and 4 are the most important price points because those are the key points where the cards are significantly better than 1 mana less. I definitely don't see a reason for a spike at 6. There are very few good common cards at 6+ mana. For a good control deck you need like 4 "big" guys with 5-6+ attack, but really not more than that, and those can come from 5-drops like Mercenary, Warlord, or Tiger.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 16, 2014, 05:16:24 pm »

Yknow what?  I think it's priests.  MFers can heal enough to get you into a long game, at which point you're fucked.  This deck is 0-5 against priests and like 3-3 against others.

Also not so great to play an aggro deck against:  A lock holding Jaraxxus.  "27 damage?  I laugh at your 27 damage!  Do 15 more!"  But that one wasn't a bad game at all.

Priests can build very strong anti-aggro decks or very strong anti-control decks, but not both, and typically not very stong anti-midrange decks. Yetis and Dwarves give Priests nightmares. Giants Warlock is the biggest problem deck atm, imo. If you can't burst them down from over 15 health, you're not in good shape. If you leave them at 15 and then they go Life Tap, Molten, Molten, Sunfury, you can kiss the game goodbye.

Maybe post your deck and we can help you out?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 16, 2014, 07:14:05 pm »

For me a typical curve has half the cards under 4, 1/4 at 4, and 1/4 above. 2 and 4 are the most important price points because those are the key points where the cards are significantly better than 1 mana less. I definitely don't see a reason for a spike at 6. There are very few good common cards at 6+ mana. For a good control deck you need like 4 "big" guys with 5-6+ attack, but really not more than that, and those can come from 5-drops like Mercenary, Warlord, or Tiger.

I'd agree with 2 and 4 as the most valuable price points -- my best constructed deck has 8 cards at 2 cost, 10 cards at 4 cost (which is probably too many..), and no more than 4 at any other cost.

Having a spike at 4 is definitely more important than having a spike at 6. A lot of games are decided by that point.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: May 16, 2014, 08:52:48 pm »

Come watch me fail in tournament at twitch.tv/popsofctown!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:54 pm »

Come watch me fail in tournament at twitch.tv/popsofctown!

I checked it out, but you're offline now!  What tournament was it?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 16, 2014, 11:50:50 pm »

It lagged so much I turned it offline in between games.  You might have missed some of it by poor luck.

It was the eggys weekly tournament

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 17, 2014, 12:08:10 am »

Yeah, sorry I meant 4 downward, not 6mana.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2014, 12:34:16 am »

I'd agree with 2 and 4 as the most valuable price points -- my best constructed deck has 8 cards at 2 cost, 10 cards at 4 cost (which is probably too many..), and no more than 4 at any other cost.

Having a spike at 4 is definitely more important than having a spike at 6. A lot of games are decided by that point.

I don't know if its possible to spike at 6 without taking bad cards.  Ogre is the only all around good neutral common 6er.  There's at most one quality 6 drop common per class. 

HME has pointed out before that the thing about six drops is that a large number of the neutral ones offered, (Priestess of Elune, Lord of the Arena, Windfury Harpy, Reckless Rocketeer) are actually outclassed simple by 4 drop + hero power.  Armor up Yeti>elune, Steady Shot Senjin=Lord, Steady Shot Stormwind Knight >>>> Rocketeer.  Since 4 drops have the versatility to be played turn 6-10 or turn 4, this quality imbalance erodes the concept of a "curve" when it comes to sixes.  You can only design a deck that plans to spend all of its mana on one card turn 2-6 if you get offered multiple Ogres.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 17, 2014, 02:13:20 am »

Fan cards for great funzies!

Spry Barmaster
3 Mana Neutral Minion

Battlecry: Return a friendly minion to its owner's hand.

Dragonmaster
4 Mana Neutral Minion
Battlecry: A friendly Dragon just to the right attacks target character.
4/4 No species type

Ice Totem
1 Mana Shaman Minion
Deathrattle: Freeze the last character to damage Ice Totem.
0/2 Species type: Totem

Reinforce!
1 Mana Paladin Secret
Secret: Choose a minion costing three or less mana in your hand and bind it.  When a friendly minion dies, play it for free. (unwritten mechanics a la wild growth: battle cries target the thing that made the friendly minion die if they can, and if they can't they just fizzle)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 17, 2014, 10:34:19 am »

Fan cards for great funzies!

Mine
3 Mana Neutral Spell

Reveal a card from your hand.  Gain a copy of that card and shuffle it into your deck.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 17, 2014, 03:24:06 pm »

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 17, 2014, 08:10:44 pm »

New arena:

http://arenamastery.com/EeN5

Draft looks reasonable to me, I think the only different picks I'd do would be

16: Mana Wyrm > Cone of Cold. I might be undervaluing Cone of Cold, ever since it got nerfed from 3 mana to 4 I can't play it without remembering how it used to be.
17: Mad Bomber > Worgen Infiltrator. You can make an argument for either, but I like how T2 Mad Bomber, kill their 3/2 or 2/1 can swing the board in your way. If that doesn't happen, well it's turn 2, they'll trade it anyways and you don't lose much. You'd also have the 2 Mana Wyrms if you did the pick on 16, so you'd probably be okay for 1 drops.
22: Raptor > Cult Master just for the 2 drop, and because you already have a Cult Master. Cult Master is very nice when you drop it and immediately trade, so you want those 2 drops and 3 drops all the more.
29: River Croc > Worgen just for the 2 drop, but this can be argued either way.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 17, 2014, 10:40:26 pm »

I am on the craziest win streak ever.  I went from rank 9 to rank 5 without losing, lost once, and then streaked from there to rank 3.  Still going.

Anyone know the star counts so i can reverse engineer the win tally on this?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.