Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 613454 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #750 on: May 11, 2014, 06:21:16 pm »

Wait, you're in Europe, right?  Lots of those names are probably american.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2014, 06:24:01 pm »

I'm Lekkit #2695 EU

I'm currently playing RoS, but I wouldn't say no to a game of Hearthstone.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 11, 2014, 06:25:42 pm »

The meta is mostly rogue, warrior, and handlock for me right now, so I've been trying to build an ooze priest that does well against the mean of those three.  I was hoping for some ideas, because i change a lot of cards constantly but feel really good about a lot of the core

[Panda Priest]
2x Circle of Healing
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Power word: Shield
2x Young Brewmaster
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Thoughsteal
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Injured Blademaster
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Shadow Madness
2x Auchenai Soulpriest
2x Holy Fire
2x Argent Commander
5x incompletedness
[/deck]

The last five cards are what I keep screwing around with and can't decide on.  I really like the double panda playstyle in this meta, it's a toolboxy kind of effect: against warrior, you use the pandas on oozes so that you can destroy more weapons.  Against handlock, you use the pandas on big game hunter so you can destroy more giants.  Against leper gnome decks, you use the pandas on Earthen Ring Farseers to soak up more facecommands/faceballs/facefires.  Then against everything you have the possible 3/1 Auchenai pickup after a circle and a possible Shadowmadness panda (which has been really hilarious for turning handlock owls on their own drakes).

Normally I love pyromancers in priest but zoo is so unusually rare right now it hasn't been giving me milage.  I'd love some suggestions on what could fit in here.  I have every card and a pretty open mind about every card except Tauren Warrior.

For reference, my gameplan against warriors (and rogues) is to deck them out, and that's generally been working ok, but I need an Ysera answer in the five cards because I probably won't thoughtsteal a deathwing next time I face warrior XD.
Against handlock, Jaraxxus is hard to deck out, so I guess I go for a kill or mostly accept difficulties with winning that matchup. 

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 11, 2014, 06:26:35 pm »
+1

After regularly getting 5-8 arena wins a month ago, I'm 1-3 on my last 3 arenas.

Guess I'm one of those awful arena players pops loves to talk about.

pops is an asshole never listen to that tool

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 11, 2014, 06:30:17 pm »

Harrison Jones is my first suggestion.  Good against Rogue and Warrior, and every once in a while you'll draw 7 against jaraxxus.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 11, 2014, 06:33:10 pm »

Against that field, Nat Pagle is probably fine too.  He's not great against warrior I guess, but handlock has trouble dealing with him early apart from soulfire (and if they soulfire him, that's fine, right?), and he's probably okay against rogues.

He's really against decks that can just kill him with minions, but if the meta you're seeing is fairly creatureless, he might be worth a shot.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 11, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »

I'm biased towards fun/silly plays, so...

1x Prophet Velen
1x Mind Blast
(for the make-your-own-Pyro)
1x Mind Control
(Idk how else you're dealing with things like Ysera)
2x actually useful cards
(Maybe a Faceless Manipulator? Live the Velen - copy Velen - Mind Blast for 20 dream)

These are all more control oriented cards, might be a bit too slow for what you have in mind. I would normally be all over Pyromancer + Holy Nova but if you aren't seeing aggro decks, those cards aren't that great.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 11, 2014, 07:55:51 pm »

I've never actually won after using Harrison on a Jaraxxus.  It seems great but I don't really know how to pull that off short of running Mind blast Mind blast Holy fire, which would ruin other matchups.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 11, 2014, 10:00:03 pm »

After regularly getting 5-8 arena wins a month ago, I'm 1-3 on my last 3 arenas.

Guess I'm one of those awful arena players pops loves to talk about.

Nah.  I think it's a log of rng with drafts.

I'm finally having my first good arena run, for example.  Just got win 8 in four turns:

1 - opponent passes
1 - coin out the 2/1 murloc and Leper Gnome
2 - 0/2 totem
2 - knife juggler, kill totem
3 - 1/1 totem
3 - Orc chick with boar, juggler kills totem
4 - demolisher
4 - Swipe demo, all attacks
5 - resign

That isn't the shaman's fault as a player -- clearly dome bad rng draws.

So, this was my best arena run with 9 wins, and I liked the deck a lot.  Here's what I ended up with, and I need to figure out how to make a constructed version with not a lot of awesome cards:

Innervate x3
Naturalize
Abusive Sergeant
Leper Gnome
Murloc Raider
Mark of the Wild x2
Wild Growth
Wrath
Knife Juggler
Loot Hoarder
Earthen Ring Farseer
Flesheating Ghoul
Harvest Golem
Razorfen Hunter
Shattered Sun Cleric
Tinkmaster Overspark
Swipe
Gnomish Inventor
Sen’jin Shieldmasta
Abomination
Druid of the Claw
Starfire
Ancient of Lore x2
Ancient of War
Ironbark Protector x2

I only have one AoL, no AoW, no Abom, no Tinkmaster, and no DotC.  The rest are commons, or easily replaced rares (Knife Juggler).

I was super underwhelmed by Tink, but the other two options were the spell damage guy and another one that didn't make much sense for me.  Every time I cast Tink, without fail, gave my opponent the Devilsaur or me the Squirrel.

Thoughts?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 11, 2014, 11:13:33 pm »

Thalnos is good with Swipe.  You probably should've taken him.

If you want to build a constructed version of that, I'd start building around Violet Teacher/Power of the Wild/Savage Roar... cards like that.  Token druid was a competitive deck at one time, although it's somewhat fallen off recently.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 12, 2014, 12:12:24 am »

by the time I'm starting to get good with this priest thing the meta it was created for has changed already.

Maybe I ought to just stick with some particular deck

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 12, 2014, 04:34:13 am »

Just lived the dream of playing Shadowform, then playing Prophet Velen and getting a 4 damage nuke for a hero power.

Brb making the best deck ever.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 12, 2014, 05:27:57 am »

it's not the dream until your hero power is fireball, man.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 12, 2014, 05:33:04 am »

it's not the dream until your hero power is fireball, man.

I don't have 2 Shadowforms :(

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 12, 2014, 10:21:17 am »

http://arenamastery.com/q8Nf

Three Frostbolts and a Blizzard?  OK, fine, I'll take an Ice Lance.  Oh, another two Frostbolts?  Sure.

I actually always loved playing a Frost Mage, even though Fire was technically more damage.  (Arcane?  No one specced Arcane, who does that?)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 12, 2014, 11:22:22 am »

[Panda Priest]

Pandas? Priest? What are you, me?

On the topic of the other cards you need, I'm thinking MC should wrap up the control Warrior matchup. Black Knight is obviously good vs taunting giants. There's also Faceless+Death/BGH and Sylvanas+Death Combos. But then you need to start putting in more anti-aggro stuff. If you've put in half a dozen cards to win specific matchups, that's probably enough and you need balance.

On a related note, I never see Murlocs unless I start playing Priest...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:29:08 am by HiveMindEmulator »

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 12, 2014, 11:33:44 am »

So, this was my best arena run with 9 wins, and I liked the deck a lot.  Here's what I ended up with, and I need to figure out how to make a constructed version with not a lot of awesome cards:
Thoughts?

The problem is that good arena decks don't really translate into good constructed decks. The main thing your deck has going for it is 2 of the most powerful cards in the game: Innervate and AoL. Then if you just put generally good cards in there you have a good deck. The collection of minions you had in your arena deck is fine for arena, but for constructed, you probably want actually good constructed deck minions.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 12, 2014, 11:53:01 am »

Innervate always seems weak to me in arena. For it to even be passable card-wise, the card you innervate out needs to go 2-for-1. That's pretty likely, but not guaranteed, and how often does it go 3-for-1, which is what you really want? For example, a Yeti still dies to 2 Raptors. Yes you get a tempo advantage, but Druid doesn't seem much good at rushing. Plus, it's the worst late-game top-deck in the game, and Druid arena games tend to go late.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 12, 2014, 11:56:38 am »

The meta is mostly rogue, warrior, and handlock for me right now, so I've been trying to build an ooze priest that does well against the mean of those three.  I was hoping for some ideas, because i change a lot of cards constantly but feel really good about a lot of the core

[Panda Priest]

No Holy Nova in Priest? That sounds crazy. Even against decks that aren't beatdown/murlock decks it's still a really strong card. (And against Rogue it's still nice when they flood the board with little guys or have a key minion stealthed.)

Aside from that I'd say there's a shortage of creatures with lots of health for a Priest deck and would weigh the remaining cards towards those, so you can get more out of your healing cards (far seers, CoH, Northshire). Having a creature that your opponent is just a few health from finishing off can let you trade really nicely in Priest, especially when you can heal it back up to full. I don't see your Circles of Healing doing a lot of work in this deck except when the Soulpriest or Injured Blademaster is out. (I'd also probably trade the Argent Commanders for Sunwalkers, as I lean towards health and taunters in a Priest deck, but that's just me.)

I think a single Mind Control is also a great idea.

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 12, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »

SWP and SWD? What about the 4 cost panda? And if you are rocking 2 Northshires, I think some other 2 costs might be good if you want to save the pandas for retrieving.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 12, 2014, 01:40:36 pm »

SWD is a bit more versatile than Big Game Hunter even though it doesn't leave you with a creature afterwards.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 12, 2014, 01:43:19 pm »

SWD is a bit more versatile than Big Game Hunter even though it doesn't leave you with a creature afterwards.

BGH leaving you a creature afterwards is really strong though when you get to use it. If you're seeing a lot of big creatures I'd leave it in.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 12, 2014, 01:47:02 pm »

Thalnos is good with Swipe.  You probably should've taken him.

If you want to build a constructed version of that, I'd start building around Violet Teacher/Power of the Wild/Savage Roar... cards like that.  Token druid was a competitive deck at one time, although it's somewhat fallen off recently.

That spell that lets you choose between a 3/2 and +1/+1 to everything is a nice versatile addition to a token deck also. So is Cenarius though you're less likely to have that.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 12, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »

Innervate always seems weak to me in arena. For it to even be passable card-wise, the card you innervate out needs to go 2-for-1. That's pretty likely, but not guaranteed, and how often does it go 3-for-1, which is what you really want? For example, a Yeti still dies to 2 Raptors. Yes you get a tempo advantage, but Druid doesn't seem much good at rushing. Plus, it's the worst late-game top-deck in the game, and Druid arena games tend to go late.

While the yeti may die to two cards and end up not giving obvious card advantage, there's tremendous value in being the player with board control. If they spend their 2 drops and 3 drops killing yeti, you get to be ahead on the board. Your pump spells are great, their cards like shattered sun cleric are bad.

Even though its hard to quantify, I think you generate something similar to card advantage by maintaining control of the board.  You make your cards better and their cards worse. Innervate is excellent at seizing this.  It's not about killing them quickly (although it sometimes is), it's about limiting their options.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 12, 2014, 05:37:28 pm »

That's true in constructed, but I always find myself disappointed by Innervate in arena. It might be a playstyle thing, but I prefer having lots of 2 and 3 drops, while Innervate wants you to have enough high value expensive cards. You can build around this in constructed, but in arena it feels much harder to get a deck where Innervate gets good value without making your early game difficult when you don't draw it.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.