Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118]  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 191241 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Not Doc Cod
  • Respect: +536
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2925 on: September 11, 2017, 11:26:11 am »

Man, I haven't played in a while, and I hadn't come to this thread in a while, and I came in and saw they destroyed Innervate and, OK, nope, I don't need more persuasion not to return.

Seriously, Innervate is just a coin now?  Also, I guess Aggro Warrior is a thing of the past with the War Axe change.
Obviously I don't know how much or how little you've been following the scene in your absence, but I think I'd warn against judging based purely on one (admittedly questionable) nerf.  Druid is still pretty OK, if that's your thing (Ultimate Infestation OP), and there's a hell of a lot of fun decks out there - some are even good! (Big Priest is hilarious)

Killing Aggro/Pirate Warrior can only be a good thing.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (0-1, 0%): x - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - None.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +655
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: September 12, 2017, 04:23:42 am »

I'm just wondering why they need to make similar cards in future sets, using up card slots in the expansion, just to replace Basic cards holding up class identity when they can just keep using those Basic cards. I guess the idea you're proposing is like those "core sets" in MtG where you only include the staples you want to include for that rotation. In that case, the Hearthstone team can selectively allow only part of the Basic set into Standard, and change the subset of Standard legal Basic cards after each rotation. To me, a subset Basic cards rotating in and out sounds like a good way to go about things if they are willing to put the effort to make it work.

If they feel like the class identity is failing. They could reintroduce cards. They wouldn't have to, but they could.

I thought about including specific cards each rotation. And while I think it's probably the best solution balance wise, it's not really good for casual players. I think the Hall of Fame is bad for the same reason. Even though I like the effect of it.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: September 12, 2017, 09:13:18 am »

I'm just wondering why they need to make similar cards in future sets, using up card slots in the expansion, just to replace Basic cards holding up class identity when they can just keep using those Basic cards. I guess the idea you're proposing is like those "core sets" in MtG where you only include the staples you want to include for that rotation. In that case, the Hearthstone team can selectively allow only part of the Basic set into Standard, and change the subset of Standard legal Basic cards after each rotation. To me, a subset Basic cards rotating in and out sounds like a good way to go about things if they are willing to put the effort to make it work.

If they feel like the class identity is failing. They could reintroduce cards. They wouldn't have to, but they could.

I thought about including specific cards each rotation. And while I think it's probably the best solution balance wise, it's not really good for casual players. I think the Hall of Fame is bad for the same reason. Even though I like the effect of it.

For the record, I do kind of think that Standard is not doing well in accomplishing one of its primary goals of making it easier for new or very casual players to catch up with the card base with the current card acquisition model in place. I guess you can make a cheap Hunter deck or something at least? For balance purposes, Standard makes sense.

I do wish they didn't nerf Fiery War Axe to the extent that they did. If they were worried about Wild Pirate Warriors, Ship's Cannon is the bigger problem card. I'm all for a solution that minimizes these kinds of nerfs to Basic/Classic cards in the future.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:15:19 am by markusin »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118]  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.