Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 613284 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2600 on: April 03, 2016, 01:53:45 pm »

I keep playing because I have to collect them all. Having the ability to buy packs of GvG and futures removed does not help this mission.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: April 03, 2016, 02:10:55 pm »

I keep playing because I have to collect them all. Having the ability to buy packs of GvG and futures removed does not help this mission.

Should have collected it all by now :P I have most of GvG, minus a few Legendaries and epics. But like 90% of it. TGT I have all commons and rares, a lot of epics and some legends.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: April 03, 2016, 02:27:41 pm »

Should have collected it all by now :P I have most of GvG, minus a few Legendaries and epics. But like 90% of it. TGT I have all commons and rares, a lot of epics and some legends.

I'm mostly in the same situation. I'm sure your collection is bigger than mine though, and my TGT collection is a bit lacking. I'm still missing a whole bunch of Epics and Legendaries from the Classic Set, but those packs won't go away in Standard.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: April 03, 2016, 07:29:17 pm »

I'm mostly in the same situation. I'm sure your collection is bigger than mine though, and my TGT collection is a bit lacking. I'm still missing a whole bunch of Epics and Legendaries from the Classic Set, but those packs won't go away in Standard.

Yeah I'm missing a lot of classic legends, but I think I'm only missing like 3 classic Epics. Also have enough dust that I'll craft what I want to play with in WotOG. But since everyone gets C'Thun, I think the new expansion will be really good for new players who aren't in our situation.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: April 03, 2016, 11:06:57 pm »

Yeah I'm missing a lot of classic legends, but I think I'm only missing like 3 classic Epics. Also have enough dust that I'll craft what I want to play with in WotOG. But since everyone gets C'Thun, I think the new expansion will be really good for new players who aren't in our situation.

Indeed. Whether or not Standard will really help new players compete in the long run, giving out C'Thun for free will go a long way when it comes to giving new players a playable deck to start off.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: April 04, 2016, 07:07:32 pm »
+1

I'm still missing 19 epics and 9 legendaries from GvG. :(

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: April 20, 2016, 02:01:48 pm »
+2

Nerfs have been announced: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20097355/

I'm quite surprised by Blade Flurry being completely killed, sadly this is also the only one of these cards I only have a single copy of.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: April 20, 2016, 02:29:20 pm »

Well these nerfs are clearly helpful for the health of standard. But why couldn't they just ban the cards from standard instead of crippling them in wild too. Egh.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: April 20, 2016, 02:32:48 pm »

Nerfs have been announced: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20097355/

I'm quite surprised by Blade Flurry being completely killed, sadly this is also the only one of these cards I only have a single copy of.

Them's some rough changes.

Arcane Golem is done.  Druid Combo is done.  Do you still run AOL with only 1 card draw?  Probably, unless we have better options at the price point.  Leper Gnome as a 1/1 seems meh.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: April 20, 2016, 02:33:48 pm »

Here I was, expecting any buff at all. At least Force is a sideways change.

Interesting that they left Spellbreaker unchanged. It costing 4 mana must have been enough to stall the nerfhammer.

Edit: surprised Savage Roar was left unchanged. That felt like the more important card to me (but I'm biased because I don't own Force.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:35:36 pm by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: April 20, 2016, 03:17:18 pm »

I think Spellbreaker just becomes the new Owl where Beast doesn't matter.

The Keeper of the Grove change feels unnecessary to me.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2611 on: April 20, 2016, 03:24:13 pm »

Man, the only change I like is the Knife Juggler one. Force of Nature + Savage Roar getting nerfed is good though, but there would have been better ways to do it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: April 20, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »

Most of these nerfs were kinda being predicted, but wow some of them are crippling.

Kinda surprised how Knife Juggler and Leper Gnome are almost unphased while Blade Flurry, Molten Giant, and Big Game Hunter arr being pretty devastated by the nerf hammer.

The Ironbeak Owl nerf is comical given that, for one more mana, you can play Spellbreaker which has +2/+2 stat compared to owl. It almost looks like a hate-inspired ban, but it still keeps the tradition of classic Beasts paying way too much for their Beast tag.

Wasn't expecting that Arcane Golem nerf, but it's not a total nerf if you wanted a 3 mana 4/4 that's probably worse than Dancing Swords for some reason. Yeah actually that sounds awful. It's not even like you can mill your opponent's mana or anything.

Poor Hunter's Mark is now a worse Execute, but Execute is pretty ridiculous. And no Warrior nerfs at all here. No, gotta pummel Rogue some more.

Now I'll read the reasons they give for each of these nerfs.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: April 20, 2016, 06:27:37 pm »

Luckily, I just unpacked my second Blade Flurry.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: April 20, 2016, 08:53:30 pm »

Well, guess it's time (after the patch) to dust my golden Ancient of Lore.  I really didn't see that nerf coming... just, wow.

The Owl change is just awful given Spellbreaker not getting nerfed.  The BGH change... I mean, we knew the nerf was coming, but man.

Everything else except Blade Flurry I can understand.  Was Flurry even really a thing?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: April 20, 2016, 09:31:51 pm »

Was Flurry even really a thing?

Uh very much so.  Have you never been on the receiving end of one of those?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:35 pm »

Was Flurry even really a thing?

Uh very much so.  Have you never been on the receiving end of one of those?

Flurry was the thing of Rogue. And it's not fun. You can't do anything about it because they off, attack and flurry their weapon all in one turn, clearing your board and doing a huge amount of dmg. Also it limits any weapon buffs because it's potential to instantly kill board and hero.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: April 20, 2016, 11:01:46 pm »

Yeah, the Blade Flurry nerf seems mostly intended to free up design space for future Rogue weapons and weapon buffs. I can't imagine what they've got coming out that justifies nerfing it this much, though... the return of Envenom?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: April 20, 2016, 11:07:20 pm »

Yeah, the Blade Flurry nerf seems mostly intended to free up design space for future Rogue weapons and weapon buffs. I can't imagine what they've got coming out that justifies nerfing it this much, though... the return of Envenom?

I worry that they won't introduce enough good cards to compensate for this loss in WotOG, at least not for the Wild format. Hopefully I'm wrong here.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: April 21, 2016, 12:00:22 am »

Man RIP charge. I think all the best charge effects have been what was nerfed the last 3 times.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: April 21, 2016, 01:56:06 am »

Man RIP charge. I think all the best charge effects have been what was nerfed the last 3 times.

To be fair, they are the least fun cards. Some of the charge minions are really cool, like argus commander, and wolfrider is pretty ok. King Krush is cool, and the fact that he's so late game is fine. Grom needs a combo, and again its a huge card so it can't be broken with too many crazy combos. But even Leeroy is still iffy and stops them making certain cards.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: April 21, 2016, 04:37:18 am »

Finally leveled last hero to 60. I though there were 100 gold for that, but did not got that :(

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: April 21, 2016, 09:54:43 am »

Either the cost change or the damage change alone would have been sufficient for Flurry but both changes just nuke it to nothing.

I thought the Force fix was actually a decent fix.

Keeper and Lore are, ok, whatever, does it really matter?

Not sure Iron Beak needed a nerf, but okay, then.

BGH, well, again I suppose the new meta needs it but I didn't think the card was is still useful,at this cost, I think.

Hunter's Mark, okay, whatever. Didn't know there was an issue here and also didn't think a mana increase makes a difference.

Gnome and Juggler aren't bad nerfs. That said, I think a simple mana increase was a better fix for Juggler.

Arcane Golem is just wtf? It's not even the same card and I can't imagine any reason to ever play this POS.

Not sure the implications for Molten. I suppose it is an okay nerf. I didn't feel it was too OP but it will definitely make the typical Warlock usage trickier although a zero cost Molten, Reno, Defender of Argus is still a thing.

Is Rogue getting any WotOG love?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: April 21, 2016, 10:34:18 am »

I'm warming up to the Molten Giant nerf given the small boost Handlock got from the Owl and BGH nerfs as well as the push away from big burst in general. Twilight Drake is a scary card to deal with if your silence costs 4 mana with Spellbreaker instead of 2 mana. BGH on a Mountain Giant is still effective, but not quite as big of a tempo swing anymore.

Nerfing Molten Giant is nerfing the most unfair aspect of Handlock, the 0 mana double Molten + Argus/Sunfury. Priest especially would have had trouble against Handlock with the loss of Lightbomb in Standard.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: April 21, 2016, 11:37:39 am »

BGH at 5 mana doesn't kill it, but instead makes it what it should be. A neutral removal card for classes that don't have good hard removal. At 3 it beat class removal, with all classes running it. At 5 you get classes like Druid considering it, but Shaman and mage running their class removal instead.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.