Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 618042 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #2200 on: June 24, 2015, 01:55:34 pm »

Dragonkin Sorcerer; I keep getting insta-concedes when I bulk him with bananas, even the damage banana is good on him.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 24, 2015, 02:20:21 pm »

This weeks tavern brawl is a lot more interesting.  It's basically constructed with a twist

Its a big twist I think. Cards like antonidas and Gazlow and flamewaker will go crazy. I have no doubt mage will be the strongest class in this Brawl.

I think the big winner is Haunted Creeper. It gets you 3 bananas, and gives a sticky target to use them on.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 25, 2015, 02:39:46 am »

This weeks tavern brawl is a lot more interesting.  It's basically constructed with a twist

Its a big twist I think. Cards like antonidas and Gazlow and flamewaker will go crazy. I have no doubt mage will be the strongest class in this Brawl.

I think the big winner is Haunted Creeper. It gets you 3 bananas, and gives a sticky target to use them on.

Yeah, Creeper is in every deck. Flamewaker is a big winner too, and of course Mana Wyrm.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 29, 2015, 09:19:39 am »
+1

Just opened Hemet...he is definitely underwhelming.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 29, 2015, 12:18:48 pm »

I'd keep him just to eventually achieve the one of everything achievement. I mean, I can't imagine getting to the bottom of the barrel and having to craft Hemet to get the achievement.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: June 29, 2015, 12:46:41 pm »

I'd keep him just to eventually achieve the one of everything achievement. I mean, I can't imagine getting to the bottom of the barrel and having to craft Hemet to get the achievement.

I was so excited to open a legendary last month and it was Hemet. It's possible that at some point in the future there will be some neutral Beast that everyone runs. That's the only reason I keep him.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2206 on: July 15, 2015, 07:30:34 am »

Harrison Jones is one of those cards that your opponent has when you've just played Doomhammer

This is the second time I've had an opponent play Harrison Jones against me, and this is the second time I had a Doomhammer at 6 durability when it happened.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 15, 2015, 01:19:42 pm »

Jones seems to be in almost every deck once you get past about about rank 15 these days. Probably because it's great against most Hunter, Warrior, Paladin and Warlock decks that get run these days. Really good tech card right now (Doomhammer might not be ideal in the current meta).

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 16, 2015, 06:44:15 pm »

Finally got round to crafting two Highmanes and took a midrange Hunter straight from 19 to 11.  That was disturbingly effective.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2209 on: July 17, 2015, 05:56:55 am »

I've got 1600 dust. I'm missing Sylvanas, The Black Knight, Ragnaros, Sneed's Old Shredder, Alextrasza, Malygos, Bloodmage Thalnos (+ a lot of crappy legendaries) and all of the relevant class legendaries except for Grommash. I think I should craft Rag, but does someone disagree?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 17, 2015, 08:06:36 am »

I've got 1600 dust. I'm missing Sylvanas, The Black Knight, Ragnaros, Sneed's Old Shredder, Alextrasza, Malygos, Bloodmage Thalnos (+ a lot of crappy legendaries) and all of the relevant class legendaries except for Grommash. I think I should craft Rag, but does someone disagree?
It depends what kind of deck you want to play. If you really hope to play a control deck, then maybe Rag can work out. However decks tend to lean heavily towards aggro, tempo, and stickiness. Rag might be right for you if you're really hoping to play a big control deck, but Sylvanas is more versatile and has a place in many more kinds of decks, including control.

If you're playing a bursty or freeze Mage, you may even want Alexstrasza.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2211 on: July 17, 2015, 08:20:42 am »

It depends what kind of deck you want to play. If you really hope to play a control deck, then maybe Rag can work out. However decks tend to lean heavily towards aggro, tempo, and stickiness. Rag might be right for you if you're really hoping to play a big control deck, but Sylvanas is more versatile and has a place in many more kinds of decks, including control.

I already have two fast aggro decks (Paladin and Shaman), one mid-range deck (Hunter) and one control deck (Warrior). I mostly want a card that helps me build competitive decks for the other classes, too, regardless of the deck type.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:23:24 am by Awaclus »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 17, 2015, 10:45:23 am »

I already have two fast aggro decks (Paladin and Shaman), one mid-range deck (Hunter) and one control deck (Warrior). I mostly want a card that helps me build competitive decks for the other classes, too, regardless of the deck type.
Well, I don't play competitive enough to know what the top competitive decks are like, so I can't recommend the best Legendary for you. But still, Sylvanas fits well in pretty much any midrange deck. Specific combo decks might want Malygos, but I don't know how good those are these days.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 17, 2015, 11:18:05 am »

Sylvanas. She is used in priest, druid, warlock (both hand and zoo). Rag actually is usually played in fast decks that are not that care about control, like mech shaman

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 17, 2015, 11:20:27 am »

Sylvanas is easily the most versatile legendary on your list, followed by Rag, Alex and Thalnos in no particular order.  I'm not crafting legendaries right now, but if I were I'd take Sylvanas.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 17, 2015, 12:16:11 pm »

Sylvanas is easily the most versatile legendary on your list, followed by Rag, Alex and Thalnos in no particular order.  I'm not crafting legendaries right now, but if I were I'd take Sylvanas.

I think Rag > Thalnos > Alex. Though Thalnos is much more rare lately, used mostly by rogues and freeze mages. Alex is used in control warrior and freeze mages - that's basically it

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 17, 2015, 12:36:48 pm »

I'd also say Sylvanas, I crafted Sylvanas after Boom and haven't regretted it (I'm not feeling like Ragnaros is as useful as often as either of them).

Thalnos is a pretty good one just because it's a versatile card that can fill various roles in various decks. A big improvement on a Geomancer if you want Spell Damage. I think the Black Knight is kindof underrated these days, I never see it, but almost every deck runs taunters. I'm considering crafting it next (but am 1200 dust away from crafting a Legendary right now).

The other cards on your list (even Rag) seem like they'd be best if you have a deck in mind that needs them.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 17, 2015, 01:15:49 pm »

I've decided not to craft anything unless I need it. Thus I've amassed enough dust to craft a couple legendaries whenever I want. This will be great if the next GvG/Boom type of expansion comes along before I've burned it.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 17, 2015, 01:17:54 pm »

I should disclaim that I already have Rag, Sylvanas, Boom, Grommash, Antonidas, etc; the only one of which I actually crafted was Boom.
If I were forced to craft one now it would probably be Fordring or Ysera and maybe Thalnos but I see no pressing need for them.
Boom is the requisite legendary.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:50 pm »

Sylvannas is very versatile. Rag is not. The best legendaries are the class ones, like Tirion, Grommash and Antonidas, but then you can only play 1 class. Thalnos is nice to have, but feels like a lot of dust for what you get. I have all of them and Sylvannas has gotten the most play besides legends from the adventures.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: July 18, 2015, 01:40:13 pm »
+3

Dr. Boom really needs to be nerfed, I just unpacked my 3rd copy.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 18, 2015, 02:59:07 pm »

I've been playing a decent amount this month, and I'm seeing basically nothing other than Hunter, Warrior, and Warlock on the ladder. There's a bit of Priest and Druid, but it's been forever since I've seen the other classes. Definitely surprised by the complete lack of mage past rank 10 or so.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 19, 2015, 10:35:20 am »

I've taken Rogue past 10 a few times this season. I've been trying a bunch of new experiments since the meta is so stale which means I plummet then engage a meta deck and skyrocket back up.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: July 19, 2015, 08:38:35 pm »

I've been playing a lot lately. I've got passed 10 for the past few seasons. Haven't tried to seriously grind to legend yet.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: July 20, 2015, 10:36:02 am »

Dr. Boom really needs to be nerfed, I just unpacked my 3rd copy.

And there comes number 4, this is getting ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.