Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 119  All

Author Topic: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?  (Read 616566 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone learned Hearthstone yet?
« Reply #1950 on: November 16, 2014, 12:25:33 pm »

I recently opened a pack with no commons (1 epic, 4 rares, one of which was gold).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:41:18 pm by Grujah »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 16, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »
+2

I recently opened a pack with a no commons (1 epic, 4 rares, one of which was gold).

I recently opened a pack.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 16, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »

I recently opened a pack with a no commons (1 epic, 4 rares, one of which was gold).

I recently opened a pack as well. It had a golden Legendary, specifically Gruul. Don't know what to do with that.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 16, 2014, 09:03:18 pm »

I recently opened a pack as well. It had a golden Legendary, specifically Gruul. Don't know what to do with that.

If you don't want a Gruul then DE and get a legendary you do want. I have a Gruul from a pack I never use anymore. It was my first legendary ever so it did get some mileage before I got better ones.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 16, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »

If you don't want a Gruul then DE and get a legendary you do want. I have a Gruul from a pack I never use anymore. It was my first legendary ever so it did get some mileage before I got better ones.
But the collector in me likes the shiny gold legendary.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 16, 2014, 09:27:46 pm »

Yeah, I got a golden Cho once and actually considered keeping it because it was golden. I was talked sense into here at f.ds and now have a Ragnaros instead which continues to get mileage.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 16, 2014, 10:20:50 pm »

Yeah, I got a golden Cho once and actually considered keeping it because it was golden. I was talked sense into here at f.ds and now have a Ragnaros instead which continues to get mileage.
Yeah I think I'll do the same. Actually, I'll wait for Goblins vs. Gnomes to come out as the worth of each legendary will likely change once it does.

I actually think Milhouse Manastorm is more useful than Gruul. Gruul is pretty much a giant and not much deadlier when left alone. It comes too late to be useful. Milhouse at least has potential to heavily influence the flow of events of your opponent can't make use of the free spell turn.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 16, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »

Yeah I think I'll do the same. Actually, I'll wait for Goblins vs. Gnomes to come out as the worth of each legendary will likely change once it does.

I actually think Milhouse Manastorm is more useful than Gruul. Gruul is pretty much a giant and not much deadlier when left alone. It comes too late to be useful. Milhouse at least has potential to heavily influence the flow of events of your opponent can't make use of the free spell turn.

Millhouse is useful if you like to laugh a lot. But honestly, he's so risky against essentially every deck except Zoo and some aggro.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 16, 2014, 11:04:44 pm »

Millhouse is useful if you like to laugh a lot. But honestly, he's so risky against essentially every deck except Zoo and some aggro.
A turn 1/2 Milhouse is not so bad against Shaman either, I don't think. Most Shaman spells are cheap, but have overload, and lightning bolt and rockbiter weapon don't quite 1-shot Milhouse.

Milhouse isn't very competitive, I don't think. Gruul just has coolness factor, but doesn't serve any real role other than being a big body.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 18, 2014, 03:41:49 am »

Today I learned, to my chagrin, that playing Master of Disguise on a Knife Juggler does not give it Stealth.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 18, 2014, 06:34:18 am »
+2

Today I learned, to my chagrin, that playing Master of Disguise on a Knife Juggler does not give it Stealth.

Sure it does, then KJ attacks and loses stealth.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 18, 2014, 08:46:42 am »
+1

Sure it does, then KJ attacks and loses stealth.
It doesn't attack, it "deals damage". The wording is consistent in this case.

Stealth: "Can't be attacked or targeted until it deals damage."
Knife Juggler: "After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy."

(The "can't be attacked or targeted" is wrong though because, as far as I know, the owner of the stealthed minion can target it freely.)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:47 am »

Can't be attacked by opponents but I'm sure they cut it save space in the little box.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 18, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »

Can't be attacked by opponents but I'm sure they cut it save space in the little box.
It's misleading though because Faerie Dragon says something similar, "can't be targeted by Spells or Hero Powers", and in that case you _can't_ target your own Faerie Dragon. So even the inconsistency is inconsistent.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 19, 2014, 05:04:17 pm »

If you Master of Disguise a Knife Juggler and it throws at a Scarlet Crusader, the Juggler SHOULD remain stealthed, if the wording matches Emperor Cobra hits Scarlet Crusader.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: November 19, 2014, 05:18:18 pm »

If you Master of Disguise a Knife Juggler and it throws at a Scarlet Crusader, the Juggler SHOULD remain stealthed, if the wording matches Emperor Cobra hits Scarlet Crusader.
Good point. It's really "stealthed until it does something vaguely aggressive."

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 19, 2014, 05:20:54 pm »

Nope. The Knife Juggler still "deals damage", but the Scarlet Crusader isn't "damaged" by it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 19, 2014, 09:21:13 pm »
+1

Nope. The Knife Juggler still "deals damage", but the Scarlet Crusader isn't "damaged" by it.

Gain versus Would Gain, I guess.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 20, 2014, 11:23:34 am »

Well there is actual damage dealt. It's just to the shield rather than to the minion.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 20, 2014, 08:17:48 pm »

Well there is actual damage dealt. It's just to the shield rather than to the minion.
Actually by the way, why does Water Elemental freeze armored heroes but not shielded minions? It's kinda the same thing.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 20, 2014, 09:41:13 pm »

Actually by the way, why does Water Elemental freeze armored heroes but not shielded minions? It's kinda the same thing.

They decided armor is not Freeze immune, while Divine Shield is. They should make a tab on the main menu describing all the different things in the game. At least the effects that are on minions. A basic rule book to clarify their choices on how basic things work.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 20, 2014, 09:51:28 pm »

They decided armor is not Freeze immune, while Divine Shield is. They should make a tab on the main menu describing all the different things in the game. At least the effects that are on minions. A basic rule book to clarify their choices on how basic things work.

While I don't disagree at all, I imagine the "oversight" is a product of making this game 'based off' WoW, and the mechanics therein. Divine Shield means immunity for all intents and purposes, whereas an increase in armor is a damage reduction tool.

I think a lot of the inconsistencies in wording are born out of a belief on their end that "Oh, players know what we mean", or more often "that's how it works in WoW, so it does here too. Why would anybody expect different?". That is, I don't think they always take into consideration (and they should) that there's probably a significant portion of the player base that doesn't know WoW, or it's mechanics and interactions.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 20, 2014, 09:53:56 pm »

I think it is appropriate for the game to mimic its ancestry and for the rest of us to figure it out. It's not like these things cause mass confusion or anythin.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 23, 2014, 07:36:25 am »

Nothing more disappointing than opening a legendary that you already have...Cairne again.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 23, 2014, 10:25:53 am »

Nothing more disappointing than opening a legendary that you already have...Cairne again.
Such first world problems. At least you have Cairne.

My next Legendary after Gruul was Illidan. I'm getting closer I guess. Right now the only Legendary I'm using is Prophet Velen.

He's not that unplayable, actually. He's just not as good as the alternatives.

Edit: And now just got Archmage Antonidas. Might become relevant in GvG with all the spare parts.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:20:07 pm by markusin »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 119  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.