Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Seeing Yourself as Still in a Game After Reconnecting  (Read 1181 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Seeing Yourself as Still in a Game After Reconnecting
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »

So I was playing a game, and then the game froze for a few seconds, then I got disconnected and logged out. When I logged in again, the game I was playing was still in session, and there were two slots with my name on it. I think I've seen other people having their name duplicated in the lobby, and I guess this is how it happens.

Has this happened to anyone else? It kinda sucks that you can be disconnected in a way that the system can't detect and forcing the game to end on timeout.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Seeing Yourself as Still in a Game After Reconnecting
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:56:43 pm »

This used to happen a lot to me many months ago before iso shut down. What is happening is that you are still playing the game and you're opponent is waiting on you, but there is no way to  rejoin that game. Why that is, I have no idea.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 06:09:57 pm »

As for names duplicated in the lobby, I often log in with multiple tabs so I can search in multiple lobbies (as do other people). This sometimes means that multiple log-ins are in the same lobby for some period.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »

It's also possible that right after you've finished a game, Goko still thinks you're in the game even though you're already in the lobby, and then you'll have a split personality for a while.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.