Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXX: King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia. TOWN WINS FLAWLESSLY  (Read 45312 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Welcome to King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia!

Mods: Liopoil, Voltgloss

Players:

0. Liopoil: Masquerade-Aligned mod, disappeared pre-game

1. faust
2. Ashersky
3. Robz888
4. mail-mi Mafia-Aligned Goons, Lynched D1
5. chairs
6. Voltaire
7. Theorel
8. mcmcsalot Mafia-Aligned Goons, Lynched D2
9. sudgy
10. EFHW Town-Aligned King's Court Nightkilled N1

Subsitute(s): Yuma

Spectators: Jimmmmmm, TwistedArcher, shraeye, mail-mi, EFHW, nkirbit, Yuma.

Current Table:

ashersky chairs voltaire sudgy
faust--------------------------------Robz888
        EFHW theorel mcmc mail-mi

Players at the heads of the table are doctors.

Flavor does not have any game-related meaning at all. You will not be at a disadvantage if you ignore it entirely.

Flavor Preface:
Somehow, Liopoil had convinced 10 dominion players to play 11-player dominion with him. 11-player dominion is the worst type of dominon - to play it, you have to buy three copies of each expansion, so that each kingdom card can have 30 copies. Waits between turns are so terrible that Liopoil made a house rule where two players at opposite sides of the table take their turns at once, which as you can imagine could get really messy. And to make it even worse, here's the kingdom Liopoil made for today's game:

King's Court, Goons, Masquerade, Governor, Bureaucrat, Ambassador, Minion, Outpost, Bridge, Chapel

At least there aren't any cursers, right? there were 100 curses in the curse pile, and nobody wanted those distributed... anyway, everyone except liopoil foolishly opened double ambassador. liopoil opened governor-chapel. by the end of turn 3, the estate pile (which had 33 estates) was empty. People realized how miserable the game could get if they started ambassadoring coppers, so they agreed to just keep sending estates, but still nobody bothered to take a chapel. Liopoil had amazingly good luck and connected a KC-bridge megaturn incredibly early, but instead of just buying 10 provinces, he bought 1 masquerade, 1 outpost, 1 minion, 2 bureaucrats, and five more KC/governors. The turn after that, and every single turn after that, he did the following:

KC on enough governors to draw everyone's deck, then on a bureaucrat. After that, he played one more bureaucrat, then outpost, then the rest of the cards in his deck for no effect (minion for money, the bridges, chapel trashing nothing, any extra KC/governor). finally, he just played one masquerade, passing nothing, trashing the card that he was given. on the outpost turn, Liopoil just played a minion, making everyone discard their giant hand and draw a hand of 4 victory cards.

Nobody bothered to buy a copper or curse, and just passed their turn. this was a mistake, together, they could easily empty the curse and copper piles and end the game. If they had done this, Liopoil would probably have just bought all the provinces and ended the game.

They were forced to sit through him do that over and over again every turn, taking just one card out of someone's deck.
For some reason, nobody suspected he could be cheating... they just wondered how he managed to draw the same hand each turn. Unfortunately, there hadn't been enough room in the kingdom for scheme, so Liopoil had decided to get "lucky". finally, after many painful hours, nobody had any cards left. people started to question Liopoil's sanity - what sort of person would enjoy doing such a thing? Anyway, that last turn, liopoil just KCed the bridges and no, he still didn't buy provinces,  he bought goons, two of them. He also bought more masquerades. Then on the last turn, he played KC-KC-masquerade-masquerade-masquerade, and one more masquerade, passing 8 KC and 2 goons, in some order, to each of the 10 other players. These became their only card.

Suddenly, Liopoil, and all of the dominion cards disappeared with a poof, with just the 10 other players with their one card sitting around the table. They had all forgotten what cards they had seen before the final card they got. Liopoil had left them a note, which read as follows:

8 of you are King's Court, 2 are Goons. King's Court and Goons do not synergize well, do they? when you King's Court a Goons, you still only get 1 VP per purchase. When goons is played, you may sometimes have to discard (nightkill) your King's Court. There is not enough room in this kingdom for both of you...

And so the game of mafia began.

Flavor names:
King's court = Town
Goons = Mafia
Trash = Lynch
Discard = Nightkill

f.ds Mafia Ruleset new info is in this color

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless you are mafia talking in your QT at night or the confirmation stage.
3. Borrowing from Yuma, all alive players must send me a PM during each night. If I have not received a PM from you within 24 hours of nightstart, I will send a reminder, and after 48 hours, you are subject to replacement. I will not start the day until either a replacement has been found or I receive confirmation that player is still playing. For mafia, just posting in the mafia QT will suffice. Nights will have 48 hour deadlines, but if I receive all PMs before then I will start it early. If ANYONE wants the full 48 hours, then night will be 48 hours.
4. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
5. Night actions will not be submitted during the confirmation stage.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Once a majority of players are voting for one player, that player has been lynched.
2. Once a lynch has been achieved, no further votes will have any effect.
3. Once a player is lynched all alive players including the lynched player may talk until a mod posts "Thread Locked". No posts are allowed after that.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are dead you may no longer post in the game or the mafia quicktopic. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post. Mods will not edit posts for you.
9. This game will have 12 real-life day deadlines for Days and 48-hour Night deadlines.
10. If mafia choose not to kill anyone, and then town choose not to lynch anyone, mafia MUST choose someone to attempt to nightkill. If they do not, I will choose a random not-mafia player for them. If town choose not to lynch anyone, and then mafia choose not to kill anyone, town MUST lynch someone the next day. If they do not, the player with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched. If there is a tie, I will choose a random player from the tied players to be lynched.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, colored text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 48 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

Helpful Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS. IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.

GAME SET-UP IN NEXT POST
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:21:45 pm by liopoil »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXX: King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia. Signups Open! (0/10)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 04:34:02 pm »

GAME SETUP

Town PM, which 8 people get:

Hi, --playername--, welcome to King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia! You are a Town-aligned King's Court.

You win when there are only town-aligned players alive

Mafia PM, which 2 people will get:

Hi, --playername--, Welcome to King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia! You are a Mafia-Aligned Goons

Your may talk to your mafia partner, --partnername-- at Night and the confirmation stage here: --QT link--

Each night, all mafia players alive may decide on who, if anyone, to use the factional kill on. That player will die if nothing prevents that from happening.

You win when there are only Mafia-Aligned players alive, or nothing can prevent that from happening.

And now the interesting bit! All 10 players will be randomly seated at a virtual table, shaped like this (P is for player):

P2  P3  P4  P5
P1----------------P6
     P10 P9  P8  P7

This table, with where each player is, will be posted in the OP. When players die they will be removed from the table. At the start of the game, it will be the "turn" of the players at the heads of the table. At the end of each night, the two players whose turn it is will pass the turn onto the next player, going clockwise (even if they are dead from nightkill). So, at gamestart, it is P1 and P6's turn, and at the start of D2 is will be P2 and P7, then P3 and P8, and so on. Dead players will be skipped. If a player is lynched while it is their turn, it will immediately be passed to the next player, clockwise. At all times throughout the entire game, there will be two turns going around. It is possible for the same player to have both turns.

While it is a player's turn, they are a compulsive chemical doctor. That means that for that night, they MUST target a player. If they do not, I will choose a random legal target for them. They may not target them self, but they may target the other compulsive chemical doctor. That player will be protected from nightkill. However, if both doctors target the same player, then that player will die, unless they are also targetted for nightkill. If a player is nightkilled, and saved twice, they will not die. If a player is saved twice but not nightkilled, than they will die. If multiple people die at night town will not be informed how they died. NEW RULE: The doctor is not compulsive when a mafia-aligned player controls the doctor, it is still compulsive for town-aligned players.

Also important: the players at the heads of the table are not mafia partners. I will first roll for positions at the table, then roll for alignment. If the players at the heads of the table are mafia partners, I will re-roll.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:57:21 am by liopoil »

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 04:57:31 pm »

/in all the way

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »

/in, given I'm no longer Amy Pond.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXX: King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia. Signups Open! (2/10)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 05:36:59 pm »

/in

Setup unknown so far?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 06:08:34 pm »

I looked over a couple of open ones, and if he's doing the one I think he's doing, it's going to be awesome.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

/tag

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 07:33:06 pm »

/tag

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »

yeah, I know what the setup is, just haven't written the PMs and other stuff up yet. It's open, and yeah, arch knows what it is, and maybe grujah too. I should have it up in a few days.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 09:53:48 pm »

Most likely in, pending setup information.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 09:54:40 pm »

/tag

If there's no SK role named "Paralyzed," then I am disappoint.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXX: King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia. Signups Open! (3/10)
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 04:04:08 pm »

want to in but also want to know setup first.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »

just in time! set-up has been posted, as well as some pre-game flavor. And there is no SK...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 04:14:36 pm »

Ooh ooh ooh! /in all the way baby!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXX: King's Court-Goons-Masquerade Mafia. Signups Open! (4/10)
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 04:28:48 pm »

Sweet! You did use my suggestion! This is going to be awesome!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 07:09:45 pm »

/tag

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 07:19:11 pm »

Intriguing.

So, am I reading the rules right that at least one of P1 and P6 are guaranteed Town?  But that it's possible for one of them to be Town and the other Scum?

And everyone's table position will be made public at game start?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 08:05:34 pm »

yes, either both are town, or one is town, one scum. they can't both be scum, so that is something that helps town a fair bit. table positions are public.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:43:39 pm by liopoil »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »

The round where both Goons are Chemical Doctors, they get two NKs, guaranteed.  That's...an issue.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 08:13:40 pm »

The round where both Goons are Chemical Doctors, they get two NKs, guaranteed.  That's...an issue.

For example, if they are P2 and P7.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 08:17:09 pm »

nope :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:43:49 pm by liopoil »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 10:37:35 pm »

so we are calling this KCGM for short right, and I may in at some point, but I really need to get back to one game at a time... If I don't eventually /in I will be available to come in as a sub if that is needed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 10:43:59 pm »

Can you say why?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »

/in

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 09:50:40 am »

Can you say why?
I could, but I won't. I want players to figure this setup out by them self.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:44:02 pm by liopoil »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19  All

Page created in 2.011 seconds with 19 queries.