Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Strange Kingdom. Two games  (Read 1227 times)

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
Strange Kingdom. Two games
« on: August 15, 2013, 03:06:19 am »

So I just played a weird couple games with the same kingdom and still couldn't really wrap my head around the kingdom:

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130814/log.516d1bb2e4b082c74d7ae70b.1376547210085.txt

The first game my opponent opened Amb and since the top knight was Dame Anna (trasher) I decided that Masq/Silver for the early five would be better. He got an urchin T2 (presumably for mercenary). I got Dame Anna T3. From there it was a lot of trashing and passing and returning for a while. We each got some shanty towns then mystics (he got more of the former, I of the latter). I got the first platinum. I think we both picked up a jester to no great effect. I got more green and slogged through for 82/42 win.

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130814/log.516d1bb2e4b082c74d7ae70b.1376548704769.txt

He asked if I wanted to play the same kingdom again, so I said sure. This time he opened Monument/Masq and I had a 5/2 split with Sir Michael (discard) on top, so I decided to pick him up thinking to slow him down and possibly combo discard attack with masq (which never happend). I got a shanty town to work on that and quite a few $2 hands (not a huge surprise considering no silver). I decided to go for mystic/shanty town synergy which worked alright. We traded points off throughout the game and he pulled through with a 64/63 win.

Afterwards, I don't think either of us knew what the best strategy on that board was, so... Here you go. What do you guys think? Masq or Amb? and then what? No draw other than masq and activated shanty town.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Kingdom. Two games
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:25:44 am »

Masq is a great counter to amb since you want a tight engine deck with amb. The passing is like an attack at that point, and the card draw gets you to 5 faster than amb.

I would try and go masq w shanty town for extra cycling. It seems like Mystic would be weaker in a colony game since you really want gold and platinum.

I think it's bad here but the game just made me think of masq Feodum as an open. I'm not sure it's ever real good but if they collide, it would probably be pretty fast for provinces.

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 04:46:03 pm »
+1

I think I would probably go for some sort of Masq-BM strategy with maybe some Shanty towns, but also a couple of Urchins to make Masq hurt. Buy Mystics over Silver on $5, but don't really pursue them. Maybe buy some knights opportunistically if some good ones come up or reactively if your opponent goes for them.

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:16:53 pm »

Yea, Urchins probably would a good addition to a BM Masq deck.  Usually discarding to 4 doesn't hurt at all, but when it does, Urchin is great.  I think it might be strongest with Torturer, but its useful against things like Forager, and Crossroads.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.