Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Juggling  (Read 6938 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
Re: Juggling
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 02:47:57 am »

I taught myself juggling with 3 oranges. My mom wasn't happy.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 01:15:39 pm »

I can juggle 3 balls for a short while, but not until I choose to stop; I'll drop one after several catches.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »

I went through a juggling phase in the 5th grade.  Got instructional videos and everything.  I never quite got to 4 balls, but am still pretty good with 3
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »

I've been on and off juggling since my post early in this thread. Not spending too much time on it. I haven't really improved much at all since that post though, so I think I would have to really commit to juggling to get much further. I probably won't.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:24 pm »

Can juggle 3 indefinitely. I like to intended collisions where the balls collide and go back to the starting hand instead of to the receiving hand. I only juggle balls, have never really tried other objects. Coincidentally I just started learning how to do 4 tonight because my step mother gave me a set of 4 balls. After thinking it through I looked it up and my self taught pattern matches how the pros learn it. Right now I can juggle 2 in either hand and can do 4 or 5 catches doing 2 in each hand which is technically juggling. I am going to try to learn to cross the streams by the end of the week, though. I guess I've been juggling for a little over 20 years but I do it simply at parties and stuff when the topic comes up to show I can do it and pretty well but I don't really do it for fun by myself.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 11:14:58 pm »

I still can't figure out how to cross the streams...

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:50 am »
+3

my step mother gave me a set of 4 balls.

Out of context thread?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sitnaltax

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +490
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 08:01:54 pm »

I also learned how to juggle as a kid and practice enough to remember how, but not enough to get better. I can do cascade/reverse, shower, half-shower, and some easier-than-it-looks tricks like eating an apple.

Depending on your dexterity and aptitudes, 3-4 weeks of practicing for 20 minutes a day should get you able to juggle three objects as long as you want. It's hard to watch TV while practicing, but you should be able to listen to music or a podcast.

Beanbags are the easiest thing to learn with. I use fancy nice ones from Todd Smith, but a set of cheap ones for $5-$8 will serve you just fine.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.