Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: So, anyone can tell me how to comprehend the special victory in FitS?  (Read 5431 times)

JsBingley

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile

For example, The special victory card "Pele" can be comprehend of the color of world cup and the national flag of Brazil are Yellow and Green.

what about the card below:

Emperor Meiji
Charles Darwen
Caresse Crosby
Gene Roddenberry
Kim Yu-Na
Shigeru Miyamoto
Jackie Chan
Social Net Working(EotP)

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: So, anyone can tell me how to comprehend the special victory in FitS?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:14 am »

Roddenberry's special victory condition is easy: it references the USS Enterprise from Star Trek.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 01:25:23 am »
+1

Shigeru Miyamoto is a reference to Super Mario Bros. If you finished a level with the last digit of the timer reading 1, 3, or 6, fireworks appeared, and you scored bonus points.

first

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31:50 am »

This is merely my guess, so feel free to give a better suggestion.

Emperor Meiji : "If you would meld a card of value 10 and you have top cards of values 9 and 8 on your board, instead you win."
According to wikipedia, "Emperor Meiji, the 122nd emperor of Japan, presided over a time of rapid change in Japan, characterised by Japan's industrial revolution." I guess you win by advancing your empire all the way to 10, though it may have a deeper meaning.

Charles Darwin : "If you would claim an achievement, first if no other player has as many or more achievements as you, instead you win."
He proposed the theory of natural selection. The strongest (most achievements) survives.

Caresse Crosby : "If you would splay a fifth color left, instead you win."
She is the inventor of modern brassiere. You tuck a piece of clothes (leave) to adjust (splay) your bust until they fit.

Kim Yu-Na : "If you would score a card with a castle, instead you win."
A female South Korean figure skater. You could win by scoring her Ice Skates.

Jackie Chan : "If an opponent would win, first score all other top figures in play. If you now have the most points, you win instead."
You force your opponent to have a final one-to-one showdown with Jackie Chan on scores.

Social Networking - "If you have fewer factory, fewer crown, and fewer castle icons than each other player, you win."
These icons represent industry, authority, and military respectively. If your people are oppressed by them, they will form a powerful social network and fight back.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 03:34:40 pm »

I think Jackie Chan is not about a 1 on 1.  In his movies a lot of times it gets to when the situation seems very bleak (if an opponent would win..), but then he beats up (scores) a lot of people (figures) and saves the day (wins) in the final hour.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »

Roddenberry's special victory condition is easy: it references the USS Enterprise from Star Trek.

I wonder how often someone is able to pull this one off.  It's like a 10000:1 shot.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

dougz

• Isotropic Designer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
    • Online Dominion
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 04:45:30 pm »
+2

I wonder how often someone is able to pull this one off.  It's like a 10000:1 shot.

Twice so far this month (~4500 games; ~1500 games using Figures).

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201308/08/game-20130808-124818-8683bcc7.html
http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201308/10/game-20130810-230346-1c0501a8.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:47:33 pm by dougz »

JsBingley

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 08:36:53 pm »

This is merely my guess, so feel free to give a better suggestion.

Emperor Meiji : "If you would meld a card of value 10 and you have top cards of values 9 and 8 on your board, instead you win."
According to wikipedia, "Emperor Meiji, the 122nd emperor of Japan, presided over a time of rapid change in Japan, characterised by Japan's industrial revolution." I guess you win by advancing your empire all the way to 10, though it may have a deeper meaning.

Charles Darwin : "If you would claim an achievement, first if no other player has as many or more achievements as you, instead you win."
He proposed the theory of natural selection. The strongest (most achievements) survives.

Caresse Crosby : "If you would splay a fifth color left, instead you win."
She is the inventor of modern brassiere. You tuck a piece of clothes (leave) to adjust (splay) your bust until they fit.

Kim Yu-Na : "If you would score a card with a castle, instead you win."
A female South Korean figure skater. You could win by scoring her Ice Skates.

Jackie Chan : "If an opponent would win, first score all other top figures in play. If you now have the most points, you win instead."
You force your opponent to have a final one-to-one showdown with Jackie Chan on scores.

Social Networking - "If you have fewer factory, fewer crown, and fewer castle icons than each other player, you win."
These icons represent industry, authority, and military respectively. If your people are oppressed by them, they will form a powerful social network and fight back.
Well, thanks, very enlightening ;D

BitTorrent

• Bishop
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 01:14:03 pm »

Shigeru Miyamoto:

The icon of that card is from the game 'The legend of Zelda';

He is a famous developer and now a directive of Nintendo, sometimes appear in press conference or open events such as E3, and of course he developed the game;

1,3,6 are the triangular number sequence who matches that icon, probably Carl really love that game lol

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 03:27:56 pm »

1,3,6 are the triangular number sequence who matches that icon, probably Carl really love that game lol

Pretty sure it's the timer 1s digit bonus from Super Mario Bros.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 03:52:15 pm »

Pretty sure it's the timer 1s digit bonus from Super Mario Bros.
Yeah, the icon is even a clock.  Zelda triforce would be crown for color or castles for power.

Darthcaboose

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 06:44:35 am »

Yeah it is supposed to be difficult, but if you somehow get Enterprise into your forecast, you can hold off and hope you get lucky during Age 9. Meld Gene Roddenberry, meld out of forecast Enterprise and boom!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.