Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Road Building exchange  (Read 2871 times)

carstimon

• Golem
  • Respect: +115
    • View Profile
Road Building exchange
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »

When you play road building, meld two cards and do the exchange: does the card transfer happen at the same time, or different times?

In this game:
http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201308/07/game-20130807-171049-bddea75b.html
I have Alfred Nobel as my top green card, and archi has road building.  Archi melds to cards with road building, and chooses to transfer.

If first he transfers road building, then I win: his road building gives me enough castles to have twice as many castles as him, which gives me an extra achievement from Nobel and puts me at 8 achievements.

If the transfer happens at the same time, he wins from Alfred Nobel giving him enough achievements.

Iso does the first one.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
Re: Road Building exchange
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »

By the "do everything in order" principle, the red card transfers first, and then the green card.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:14 pm »

By the "do everything in order" principle, the red card transfers first, and then the green card.

This.  Iso is correct.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 11:57:02 pm »

"In exchange" in Road Building's text is just like a color commentary suggesting that transferring a red card to one player, then having that player transfer their top green card to you if able is like an exchange.

I'm not sure the clause is helpful when people are trying to parse rules, though.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.