Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fun Comback  (Read 1016 times)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
Fun Comback
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:40:34 am »
+1

I went for a Baron double Tactician deck, vs. my opponent who went for an engine with a ton of Laboratories for draw, and a Baron for +Buy.  I get a great start with a Tactician/Lab T3 and T4, by opponents engine sets up a little faster than mine.  He builds up to 1 Province and Laboratory turns.  I screw up my double Tact by Forging all my hand so I can't trigger my other Tactician on T11 and lose a turn.  I also Forge 2 Estates that I need for my double Baron. 

At the start of my T13, I haven't bought any provinces, and my opponent already has 3.  I try to just buy provinces hoping that he will stall, but I'm just to far behind to win doing that.  A double Tactician with Cellar, can hold a lot more green than his deck can (cellar just loves big hand size).  I decide to give up on provinces and drag out the game as long as possible while buying any gardens as I can.  In the end my deck stays strong just a little bit longer and I'm able to win by 1 point.  I think reacting to  your opponents deck composition, is really important but is rarely talked about.   

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130802/log.513845c2e4b02905fc72a26f.1375510110320.txt

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Comback
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:11:38 am »
+2

I think a bigger takeaway here is that your opponent's endgame control was horrid. Look at his turn 17. Here he draws $12 with 2 buys, and he should have stopped there to buy a Province and a Gardens. Instead he makes a huge mistake of playing a Lab to trigger a reshuffle where all of his Labs are in the discard. How do you only draw $2 in a deck with 9 Labs? When none of them are in your deck.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.