Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Game Over - Hobbits+Smeagol win!)  (Read 187445 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

Welcome to RMM10: Lord of the Rings 2, Revenge of the Orcs!

Mods: ashersky, Galzria

Players:
1.  Eevee - Hobbit Hider -- Lynched D2
2.  Twistedarcher - Innocent Hobbit
3.  mail-mi - 2-Shot Marksman and Targeter Orc -- Killed N4
4.  nkirbit - Hobbit Burglar -- Innocently Killed N2
5.  Archetype - Hobbit Weak Doctor -- Killed N2
6.  EFHW - Universal Back-up Hobbit -- Lynched D3
7.  mcmcsalot - Innocent Vigilante Hobbit -- Killed N3
8.  chairs - Hobbit Chef -- Killed N4
9.  Jimmmmm
10.  UmbrageofSnow >>> Voltgloss - 2-Shot Strongman Orcish Gladiator -- Lynched D4
11.  shraeye - Orcish Rolestopping Priest -- Innocently Killed N3
12.  yuma - Hobbit Peeper-of-all-Trades -- Killed N2
13.  sudgy - Hobbit Non-Consecutive Night Doctor -- Lynched D1

Spectators Tagged: WinterSpartan, Destierro, Voltaire

Day starts/ends:

D1: Start | End
D2: Start | End
D3: Start | End
D4: Start | End

f.ds Mafia Ruleset

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If we do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage), unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase, unless your Action is compulsory.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics, except for twilight.  This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post.  The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
9. This game will have "bankable deadlines."  See http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bankable_deadline.  The rules for calculating deadlines are as follows:
- Day 1 is 14 days long.
- Twice the number of unused days, rounded down, at the end of Day 1 are banked.
- Day 2 and each subsequent day will last for:
-- three "free" days plus all banked days up to a total of 14 days;
-- if more than 11 days are in the bank, the remainder will be saved for future days;
-- all unused "banked days" left over at the end of each Day are returned to the bank.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, maroon (or Teal) text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 48 hours of no activity or upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

Helpful Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.

GAME SET-UP, ROLES, AND NEWBIE SPECIFIC INFORMATION LISTED IN NEXT POST

Game Setup information:

You'll just have to wait and find out in Post 2!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:42:21 pm by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:39:36 pm »

Set-Up Information

A note on RMM and ashersky games.  If you've played/read my previous RMM efforts (LOTR1, Shakespeare), you'll have noticed that I do my best to try and balance things, and have a lot of help from others to do that.  I promise that in this game, we have worked hard to find balance.  As in all cases, there's no guarantee.  We feel like we've succeeded.

Another think you'll notice is that I love themes.  I don't mean flavor themes (although I love those, too), but thematic elements to the set-up itself.  It was a powerful symmetry in LOTR.  It was mass confusion (and Lovers) in Shakespeare.  There are two specific themes I worked into this game.  I will share one of them now.

As a change from my previous games, and as part of my efforts to make RMMs a bit more welcoming, this game will have a Semi-Open Setup.  That means some elements of the game will be presented here.  Semi-Open also means, by definition, Semi-Closed.  So there will be secret stuff, too.

I mentioned themes.  One is closed, and you'll get it by the end.  The other is "Hard Mode."  It's RMM, so you know there will be power roles.  Some of those roles will present difficult decisions and require expert play to get the most out of them.  Anyone in Shakespeare got a taste of this (Hamlet's Father, Ophelia).  Expect more of that.

Other miscellaneous setup information, in no particular order:

1)  Hobbits are good guys, no exceptions.  If you are currently a Hobbit, you are absolutely town.
2)  Orcs are bad guys, no exceptions.  Really, no exceptions for dirty orcses!
3)  I promise there is only one scum team.  There may or may not be more than one scum.
4)  This game is for exactly 13 players.
5)  The result "No result" has multiple meanings, depending on the receiver.
6)  Flavor matters.  Really.
7)  Really, if you are a Hobbit, you are town.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:10:12 am by ashersky »

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 06:41:18 pm »

You have my sword.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:44:22 pm by Eevee »

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »

And my bow.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 06:51:45 pm »

Also, not deliberately jumping Jimmmmm or anything; he light a series of fires along a mountain line to signal his approval.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »

And my axe.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 07:25:51 pm »

Actually, don't sign me up, I just didn't want to break the chain.  I'll play if it doesn't start after blah-blah-blah...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 07:40:19 pm »

No way I can play this unless it starts after either HP or DW has ended, but /in! with those caveats.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 07:41:14 pm »

Make me scum, so that I'll keep my record of being scum in RMM games and town in normal ones.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »

/tag at least

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 08:31:57 pm »

/in
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 08:42:28 pm »

/tag at least

actually I do a full /in. But i hereby note that as in all RMM games that I play in I will be posting less. This game will not be as big of a priority as any other normal game I am in. If this is a problem, feel free to not include me. It isn't that I don't take them seriously, just less so. Just keep that in mind.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 08:49:24 pm »

/in

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 08:50:02 pm »

/tag at least

actually I do a full /in. But i hereby note that as in all RMM games that I play in I will be posting less. This game will not be as big of a priority as any other normal game I am in. If this is a problem, feel free to not include me. It isn't that I don't take them seriously, just less so. Just keep that in mind.
You'll like my RMM cuz it's more akin to normal mafia than other RMMs (I suspect even this one.)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:45 pm »

/tag at least

You'll like my RMM cuz it's more akin to normal mafia than other RMMs (I suspect even this one.)
Aren't you doing a smalltown/U-pick game? If so, I'd agree.

/in.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 11:13:33 pm »

/tag at least

Aren't you doing a smalltown/U-pick game? If so, I'd agree.

/in.
Kinda sorta. You'll see.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 12:40:53 am »

/in!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 12:41:38 am »

I'm totally so excited for this!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 12:44:10 am »

If I wasn't a stickler for rule of law, there are definitely specific roles I'd want you to have.  We'll see what the virtual dice of random.org decide, though.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 12:45:22 am »

If I wasn't a stickler for rule of law, there are definitely specific roles I'd want you to have.  We'll see what the virtual dice of random.org decide, though.

Haha I'm intrigued what you'd pick for me, tell me after the game!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:52 am »

after sitting down and realizing all the stuff we need to do before baby comes, I need to /out. I can only be in one game at once. Sorry all.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 10:11:01 am »

/in tentatively, ill probably stay in, I have been unenthused of late.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 01:46:59 pm »

/in, pending clue or HP ending before this starts.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »

/tag only.  Looks like fun, but I'm sticking to one-game-at-a-time.  Excited to read and speculate. 

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »

This game is going to have a really fun setup I think.... I've been looking it over with Ash for months now, and I'm excited to see it play out.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.188 seconds with 20 queries.