Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How many Dominion cards can you name in 20 minutes? Sporcle  (Read 18668 times)

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
Re: How many Dominion cards can you name in 20 minutes? Sporcle
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 06:11:37 pm »

To be specific, your own Possession doesn't actually give you a second consecutive turn. However, the Possession of the player to your right puts you in a position of taking two consecutive turns. It's just that one of them is completely controlled by the player to your right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 10:21:41 pm »

To be specific, your own Possession doesn't actually give you a second consecutive turn. However, the Possession of the player to your right puts you in a position of taking two consecutive turns. It's just that one of them is completely controlled by the player to your right.
Yeah, therefore, what eHalcyon was saying was true.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Wolphmaniac

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: DividedSpy
  • Respect: +279
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 10:26:09 am »

Oh, one more nitpick: Possession can technically also allow you to play a second consecutive turn.
You're right, if you're the one being possessed.  I'll update that.

I understand the nitpick that "Promotional isn't a card set".  But I like having it on the quiz, and with five cards all under the "Promotional" umbrella, it's also easy to make a case that Promotional is a set of cards, they're just sold one at a time and not in boxes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:27:32 am by Wolphmaniac »

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2013, 11:54:54 am »

I keep getting in the 180-190 range. It's sad which cards I miss: this time I forgot Rats and Sea Hag, last time it was Ambassador and Pirate Ship. You'd think some of these iconic cards would be easy to remember.

But, I am consistently getting all the Knights.

Best sets: Alchemy, Promo, Guilds, and Prosperity. Worst: Intrigue, Hinterlands.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 07:59:31 pm »

I got a perfect score on the A-Z blitz the first try. Around 80% of the cards I named came from Dark Ages.

I only missed one on the super quiz; "Card that is an entire category unto itself" is the one I missed.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 11:13:18 am »

Some other things are lacking in the Super Quiz, specifically cards from Dark Ages and Guilds:

Edit: Sorry, i missed it declared that DA and Guilds where not included in the quiz. So consider this post a help on how the answers would have to be expanded if DA and Guilds were included:

"Card Set" - Add Dark Ages and Guilds
"Victory card worth variable victory points?" - Add Feodum
"Card which can put a curse into the opponent's deck before their first reshuffle?" - Technically, this is any curser, provided your opponent only buys Mandarins...
"Card that can add 12 or more cards into your hand at once?" - Add Madman
"Card that makes you verbally name a card?" - Add Mystic
"Card that makes your opponent verbally name a card?" - Add Advisor
"Action card that gives +$3?" - Not actually necessary, but Poor House and Death Cart might be considered cards that give +3$ (as they give more - 4$ and 5$)
"Action card with 4 different action options?" - The same way, one could argue this should include Count (which gives 6 options)
"Attack card that specifically attacks the opponent's treasure?" - While they don't trash them, one could argue that Cutpurse and Taxman should be allowed here
"Attack card that can trash an opponent's victory cards?" - Add Rogue and Knights
"Treasure card that costs $0 and is not copper?" - Add Spoils
"At most, a Copper can be worth how many $? (Allowing King's Court)" - As noted by eHalcyon, this becomes insanely high. With DA and Guilds allowed, i would kill this question. Procession allows playing all Processions, playing all Coppersmith twice, trashing all Coppersmith and all Processions but one. Playing cards like Rogue and Graverobber, one may get some of them back from the trash, then repeat. Somehow, one will run out of Processions or Graverobbers/Rogues, but of course Processing these is also possible. at the end, whatever you did with KC can be done to play all Coppersmiths again.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:39:26 am by Asper »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2013, 11:16:39 am »
+2

The quiz does state up front what sets were excluded.

If you include DA, the Copper value question is way more difficult.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2013, 11:26:41 am »

Missed that. Ooops...

I think the Copper Question is hard enough allready. Seriously, i was just typing in random numbers anyway. It's not like it's something you should actually know by heart.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 11:46:56 am »

Missed that. Ooops...

I think the Copper Question is hard enough allready. Seriously, i was just typing in random numbers anyway. It's not like it's something you should actually know by heart.

It's pretty easy to calculate though. Basically how many Coppersmiths can you play in one turn. But it gets way confusing with Procession and Graverobber/Rogue.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2013, 01:02:50 pm »

Wooow, I used to dream about having a listing game like this.
I have 196/240, here are the missing ones :

BASE Feast ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTRIGUE Shanty Town -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEASIDE Pearl Diver ; Lookout ; Smugglers ; Navigator ; Salvager ; Treasure Map ; Bazar ; Explorer -------
PROSPERITY Bishop ; Monument ; City ; Counting House ; Vault -----------------------------------------
HINTERLANDS Develop ; Jack of all trades ; Nomad camp ; Spice Merchant ; Cartographer ; Inn ; Mandarin
ALCHEMY none ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORNUCOPIA Remake ; Tournament -------------------------------------------------------------------
DARK AGES Vagrant ; Hermit ; Storeroom ; Armory ; Fortress ; Ironmonger ; Procession ; Rats ; Scavenger ; Wandering Minstrel ;
MORE DA & EVEN MORE DA Catacombs ; Count ; Rogue ; Rebuild ; Counterfeit ; Sir Bailey ; Sir Martin ; Mercenery
GUILDS : Advisor ; Baker -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROMO : none -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASIC : none -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few comments about how I found them :
There are a few ones I thought I had put but I didn't, such as Baker and Rogue.
There is one I didn't know how to write it : Mercenery, which I used to write "Mercenary" because... I'm French !
And fortunately there is alphabetical order !!!
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

There is one I didn't know how to write it : Mercenery, which I used to write "Mercenary" because... I'm French !

You did that right, the quiz does it wrong.

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »

Some other things are lacking in the Super Quiz, specifically cards from Dark Ages and Guilds:

Edit: Sorry, i missed it declared that DA and Guilds where not included in the quiz. So consider this post a help on how the answers would have to be expanded if DA and Guilds were included:

"Card Set" - Add Dark Ages and Guilds
"Victory card worth variable victory points?" - Add Feodum
"Card which can put a curse into the opponent's deck before their first reshuffle?" - Technically, this is any curser, provided your opponent only buys Mandarins...
"Card that can add 12 or more cards into your hand at once?" - Add Madman
"Card that makes you verbally name a card?" - Add Mystic and Doctor
"Card that makes your opponent verbally name a card?" - Add Advisor
"Action card that gives +$3?" - Not actually necessary, but Poor House and Death Cart might be considered cards that give +3$ (as they give more - 4$ and 5$) Maybe Harvest should be added? It can give +$3. But then you'd have to add Salvager. Count should be added here too.
"Action card with 4 different action options?" - The same way, one could argue this should include Count (which gives 6 options) Actually, it gives 9 options
"Attack card that specifically attacks the opponent's treasure?" - While they don't trash them, one could argue that Cutpurse and Taxman should be allowed here
"Attack card that can trash an opponent's victory cards?" - Add Rogue and Knights
"Treasure card that costs $0 and is not copper?" - Add Spoils
"At most, a Copper can be worth how many $? (Allowing King's Court)" - As noted by eHalcyon, this becomes insanely high. With DA and Guilds allowed, i would kill this question. Procession allows playing all Processions, playing all Coppersmith twice, trashing all Coppersmith and all Processions but one. Playing cards like Rogue and Graverobber, one may get some of them back from the trash, then repeat. Somehow, one will run out of Processions or Graverobbers/Rogues, but of course Processing these is also possible. at the end, whatever you did with KC can be done to play all Coppersmiths again.

Some edits in Bold.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:56:29 pm by gman314 »

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2013, 08:39:17 am »

"Card that makes you verbally name a card?" - Add Mystic and Doctor

And Journeyman

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2013, 08:44:24 am »

and Rebuild
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 20 queries.