Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combo: Journeyman + Tunnel + Counterfeit  (Read 1701 times)

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Combo: Journeyman + Tunnel + Counterfeit
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:37:02 pm »
+1

I realized this combo in a game against a bot, testing the new Guilds cards. It is pretty easy to play, get a Journeyman asap and therefore I recommend to open Silver/Silver, Journeyman/? or even better Journeyman/Tunnel on a Baker board. When you play the Journeyman, name Tunnel and discard them. You might want to buy another Journeyman soon after that, with 3$, buy Tunnel. When you have your Journeyman, you don't that many Silver, and you cannot draw Tunnel dead with your Journeyman. With Counterfeit on the board, get it over your first Journeyman. It will increase the power of this combo significantly as it allows both Copper trashing and a +buy, which can be used to get more Tunnel, or in the Endgame Province+X as you can easily counterfeit a Gold.

I was able to buy 6 Provinces, a Duchy, an Estate and of course 5 Tunnel with the help of Counterfeit and Candlestickmaker in 15 turns. I know the bot did not play well, and I might haven't played perfectly, but this seems to be a strong strategy.

Here is the log: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130726/log.505cc11ea2e6483e027bc556.1374866691284.txt
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:00:52 am by Mr Anderson »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Combo: Journeyman + Tunnel
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:17:03 pm »

I think Counterfeit was pretty key here. Without trashing your Copper, you're going to have a harder time connecting Journeymen with Tunnels. Counterfeit was probably the best possible Copper trasher for your deck, although I guess Loan might be fine, too.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 05:49:38 am »

Counterfeit is excellent here, for sure, not just to get rid of Coppers, but for +buy once you have big hands full of Gold, and you can feed Gold to it with impunity. This is a three-card combo.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 05:56:46 am »
+1

I agree, I will change it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 20 queries.