Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: International Dominion Team World Cup  (Read 24576 times)

Leo1997

• Salvager
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Re: International Dominion Team World Cup
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 07:37:45 am »

We must make a rule, how many players are the minimum for one team.
In the Netherlands or in Germany it is not a problem to find 11 players, so i think Netherland shouldn't be allowed to sent an team with only one Player: Stef.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 07:51:48 am »

We must make a rule, how many players are the minimum for one team.
In the Netherlands or in Germany it is not a problem to find 11 players

I disagree. While there are certainly more than 11 dominion players in the Netherlands, I don't even know that many myself, and finding and coordinating so many players for a team in an online tournament sounds like quite a bit of trouble, not only getting them together in the first place, but also coordinating so many matches throughout the tournament.

I would strongly suggest something like a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 players per team, also because you want as many countries as possible to participate, and matching a team of 3 against a team of 11 is just silly. If a country has far more than 5 players willing to participate, you can decide to either allow multiple teams per country, or to have them do a preround among themselves to select the players.

Leo1997

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 07:57:44 am »

I want that the players selected the best players per one countrie.

Whats your opinion?

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 08:03:31 am »

That would be my choice as well.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 08:11:02 am »

As I said before, I think we should allow multiple teams per nation. Why should we discriminate the "worse" players in one nation, while "bad" players of other nations may play? I think it wouldn't destroy the idea of a nations-cup if there are more teams per nation.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

TheMirrorMan

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 08:20:32 am »

I think I may be able to get an online Belgian team together. Enough Belgian players on Goko that I know of.
Here comes the mirror man. Says he's a people fan.

Leo1997

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:57 am »

Thats pretty good!!!

Geronimoo is from Belgium, too. You could organize a team with him together!!!

We have teams from 10 nations so far.

Germany
Netherlands
Belgium
Finnland
Sweden ?
Austria  ?
UK
USA
Canada ?
Denmark

the ? menas that i haven't a Yes from a player from this nation, but there are players from this nations in the forum

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 09:15:08 am »

I'm in (Belgium)

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:31 am »
+1

whats about you shark_bait

Could you organize a US Team?

Don't count on me for it.  Time-wise, I need to evaluate the possibility of me participating.    There are plenty of qualified American's to lead our team.  Once more info is out on the schedule, I might see if I can make it work, but I'd rather not be 100% counted on now.

On a lighter note, since I have Dutch heritage and my hometown is Holland, Michigan does that mean I can duel-team this?  I certainly like my chances of success then with my hat with two of the powerhouses.  ;)
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 11:04:56 am »

i'm not sure i can activate enough players for a Team Austria.
I have informed the organizer of all Autrian boardgame tournaments, to find players, and will let you know if a team is building. So for the moment i'd give a 50% chance for that to happen.

Since most of the players i know in Austria play only 3-4player Dominion, we would be easy prey on the 2player tables.

Timewise, i have a rather tight schedule with family/work. Therefore i would gladly let someone else have the honour to be captain of our team.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 11:11:21 am »
+3

Maybe Ozle can tempt some coconut tree climbers to play and enter with Team Tuvalu.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 11:51:10 am »

...my hometown is Holland, Michigan

Oh man.  I'm glad you escaped!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 12:50:38 pm »

I certainly like my chances of success then with my hat with two of the powerhouses.  ;)

What, I'm not good enough?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 12:53:39 pm »

Is there an implication that people who participate should own sets on Goko?  Certainly there will need to be at least some number of people per team who do.  I posted last night without thinking about that, so if people who don't have sets on Goko are excluded, I guess I'm out.  :(

Leo1997

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 01:34:14 pm »
+1

It is enought if one of the both player have all sets. Important is that the player who start the room where the match is have all sets.

Leo1997

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »
+1

Good news, there are some players from

Australia
Argentinia
Japan
France
Poland Czech Republic

so all in all 16 Nations, 16 teams! WOW, thats funny

Pex Golder

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 02:43:37 pm »
+2

Based on the interest in playing a Nation Cup, I think the best next step is to precise the rules and regulations.

1. Each Nation plays with one team consisting of a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 5 players.
2. The captain of each Nation posts the lineups in this thread.
3. The deadline of the signups will be on 17 August 2013.
4. The Nation Cup is played in single-elimination-modus.
5. Each round consists of five or three 1on1s respectively and must be played within one week, starting on 19 August 2013.
6. The number of rounds depends on how much Nations participate.
7. To determine which players play against each other the captain of each Nation sends me a seeding list (i.e. Game 1: Player A; Game 2: Player B) via PN and I post the pairing opponents.
8. During the round, paired opponents must determine a time to play their match.
9. Which Nation wins more 1on1s wins the match and enters the next round.
10. If not all 1on1s are played within one week, the Nation which won more 1on1s at the end of the week will enter the next round. In case of a tie the Nation with the better win/loss ratio of games for the individual match will enter the next round. If even the win/loss ratio is identical, coin flip decides.
11. The 1on1s are played in a best of five series, in which the starting player is determined randomly in the first game, whereas in the other games the starting player is the one who lost the previous game.
12. Ties do not count and the game gets repeated with identical starting players.
13. In case of disconnection the game gets repeated with identical starting players (unless otherwise agreed to).
14. Point tracker: On (unless otherwise agreed to)
15. The results of the games get posted in the result thread, which I will open, once the Nation Cup begins.

Feel free to post questions and comments. If anything misses, let me know. Have fun!

Leo1997

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 02:54:58 pm »

What is about the modus?
If we have 16 nations we could make groups, and then a quarter, semi and a final.

I think every nation should make a team until beginning of September, because there are some national tournaments at the moment, others are in holidays, and first we should organize the exact rules.

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 03:39:24 pm »

I'd love to play. But sadly, I don't believe there are many other Canadians on this site. Could other Canadians correct me or could I have a place on some Northern US team? Please? Pretty Please?

Leo1997

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »

Hi gman , i found this players from Canada

KIngZog3
The Adventurer
mathguy
gman314
RisingJaguar

I wrote with KingZog3, he will organize a team.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

10. If not all 1on1s are played within one week, the Nation which won more 1on1s at the end of the week will enter the next round. In case of a tie the Nation with the better win/loss ratio of games for the individual match will enter the next round. If even the win/loss ratio is identical, coin flip decides.
[...]
13. In case of disconnection the game gets repeated with identical starting players (unless otherwise agreed to).
There should be rules to avoid misuses. I my team won the first match, we don't play the others, so that we win 1:0. And I can disconnect, if I'm far enough behind. But I hope (and think) that we can count on the fairness and common sense of all players.

Simon (DK)

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Sirusc
  • Respect: +218
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2013, 06:38:20 pm »

Based on the interest in playing a Nation Cup, I think the best next step is to precise the rules and regulations.

1. Each Nation plays with one team consisting of a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 5 players.

Why have a maximum on number of players? As this is national teams, the teams should be allowed to switch players between the matches. I see no reason to have a maximum.

This will be a fun and different kind of playing, so I think every team should be able to get more than 1 match.
I think it should start with 4 groups of 4 teams, who play against eachother, and then 3 teams goes through (2 to quarter final and 1 directly to semi final).
2 through from each group would also be a possibility, but I'd prefer 3.

This way each team is guaranteed at least 3 matches.

5. Each round consists of five or three 1on1s respectively and must be played within one week, starting on 19 August 2013.

Every team match should have the same number of individual matches.
For a team, who is playing against a team with better opponents, it would be better to only play 3 matches than 5 (shorter distance means more luck).

7. To determine which players play against each other the captain of each Nation sends me a seeding list (i.e. Game 1: Player A; Game 2: Player B) via PN and I post the pairing opponents.
8. During the round, paired opponents must determine a time to play their match.

I would personally prefer a team match, where you play 1 set matches against more (or all) of the opponent, and have the whole team match at 1 time, but it would probably be too difficult to agree on a time, where all players can play.

12. Ties do not count and the game gets repeated with identical starting players.

I think the starting player should be switched after a tie (but maybe that's just me?).

There's 2 rules I think is missing:

1. A rule regarding setups.
I'd suggest having a rule that says, that the player, who owns the most cards, sets up a random game with all of his/her cards.

2. A rule regarding how much it's allowed to talk with your team members during a match.

Leo1997

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2013, 06:42:43 pm »

I think we should make it like the EM Mode.

The best two teams from each group comes into the quarter final!!

But we have 20 teams maybe

I find 3 players from Hong Kong and 2 From Neazeeland, a few from Norway and one from Isreal. I wrode them a PN.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2013, 12:45:21 am »

Why have a maximum on number of players? As this is national teams, the teams should be allowed to switch players between the matches. I see no reason to have a maximum.

This will be a fun and different kind of playing, so I think every team should be able to get more than 1 match.
I think it should start with 4 groups of 4 teams, who play against eachother, and then 3 teams goes through (2 to quarter final and 1 directly to semi final).
2 through from each group would also be a possibility, but I'd prefer 3.

This way each team is guaranteed at least 3 matches.

Every team match should have the same number of individual matches.
For a team, who is playing against a team with better opponents, it would be better to only play 3 matches than 5 (shorter distance means more luck).

I would personally prefer a team match, where you play 1 set matches against more (or all) of the opponent, and have the whole team match at 1 time, but it would probably be too difficult to agree on a time, where all players can play.

I think the starting player should be switched after a tie (but maybe that's just me?).

There's 2 rules I think is missing:

1. A rule regarding setups.
I'd suggest having a rule that says, that the player, who owns the most cards, sets up a random game with all of his/her cards.

2. A rule regarding how much it's allowed to talk with your team members during a match.
4) Yes, I think something like that would be better.
5) I don't think that we want a tournament, where the luck decides the winner, do we? If yes, we can make a tournament in flipping coins, but don't have to play dominion ;-)
7)/8) Yes, it would be to difficult to find a time, where 6 or 10 players have time.
12) I'd rather play with the same starting player. If not it can be, that the (let's say 3) decisive matches will be started by the same team.

Indur

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2013, 03:42:47 am »

First off: cool idea. I would definately like to play (I'm from the Netherlands).

Some thoughts:
  • If the time schedule goes forward as proposed, won't it interfere with the new GokoDom tournament, which will start on August 9th?
  • I haven't really heard any good arguments against having multiple teams per country. I think small teams (3-5) is better, since rounds won't take as long and it will be easier for countries with a small number of Goko players to get a team together.
  • One of the things I dislike about international tournaments is the time difference. Maybe we can have initial pairings based (somewhat) on time zones.

And a hopeful note: if national championships ever become somewhat big, we can seed the national teams based on NC results. I realize that Goko rating probably gives a better estimate of players' skills, but this will really give the teams a more patriottic background :)
“Memories are their own descendents masquerading as the ancestors of the present.”
--David Mitchell --
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.