Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Extra Achievements for Figures?  (Read 2385 times)

Hideyoshi

• Baron
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
Extra Achievements for Figures?
« on: July 24, 2013, 03:08:28 am »

Does anyone here think that an extra achievements rules are more suitable for adding both figures and echoes, which means you need 9 achievements to win the game for 2P? According to official rules, you need only 8 achievements to win. But I often find that the game is too short and also boring. The problem is that it is too easy to claim achievements for figures and the game may often end at age 4.  :-[ 
There are also so many figures cards which can make new achievements such as Marie Curie and Robert E Lee.

I don't know whether anyone think the same things as me. I just think using 9 achievements (or even 10 if available) may solve the problems. Any ideas?

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Achievements for Figures?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:54:51 am »

I haven't played Figures enough but my impression on Echoes was that it emphasizes a phat board over alternate ways to victory too much. Figures puts another disincentive on regular achievements. I am planning to try a variant where some of the special achievements (History, Heritage etc.) may only be claimed over the special cards (Novel etc.)
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Hideyoshi

• Baron
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Achievements for Figures?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:47:10 am »
+1

To be frank, I also prefer to play an extra achievements in echoes game, but 7 achievements for echoes is still ok. But for figures, it is even easier to claim achievements as there are five more decrees. There are some figures which often help you to claim achievements too, such as Zhang Heng at age 2 can help you to claim Wealth easily. It should be noted that Wealth is normally cannot be claimed at age 2 as it is quite impossible to get 8 bonus on your board at age 2.

It often causes the game ended too early, maybe at around age 3-4 with 8 achievements. I will try some games with 9 achievements first to see whether it is better anyway.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.