Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Innovation Crash  (Read 4276 times)

CMiner

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Innovation Crash
« on: July 22, 2013, 05:16:31 pm »

Just encountered an error while playing the online Innovation, after activating the Plato dogma (which did nothing in game) and then issuing a Rivalry decree.  Not sure where else to report this, so here is the game log: http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201307/22/game-20130722-141008-7bd20703.html

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Innovation Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:00 pm »

The list of known bugs and instructions for filing new ones are here.

If the system is the same as Dominion, then anything that produces a stack trace (like your game) gets reported automatically.

ksasaki

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:27:42 am »

I didn't know stack traces were reported automatically.  Will keep that in mind when reporting bugs to Doug in the future...

dougz

• Isotropic Designer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
    • Online Dominion
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 02:14:03 pm »

Yes, anything that results in a stack trace with "abnormal game end" and a link to return to the lobby shows up in the logs; generally you don't need to report those.  (It doesn't hurt, though, and ensures they don't get missed.)  For instance, today so far there has been:

Tue Jul 23 06:20:16 2013: CRASH game-69: lost card(s) [], gained card(s) [<Canal Building 40e22dcc>, <Rocketry 42033f8c>]
Tue Jul 23 07:35:48 2013: CRASH game-123: 'supply'
Tue Jul 23 10:51:32 2013: CRASH game-240: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'NoneType'

which resulted in fixes to Kim Yu-Na, Tuning Fork, and Toothbrush, respectively.  (Will be out with next server restart.)

The ones I really need reported are ones where it doesn't result in a crash.  For instance, Pele's win condition is currently broken.  It doesn't crash the game, it just doesn't happen when it's supposed to.  (Also fixed with next server restart.)

ksasaki

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:32:42 pm »

that's funny you mention Pele, because I was just using him today.  Does the yellow card after the green need to be immediately afterward, or sometime later in the future.

i.e.

green card  then immediately yellow card

OR

green card ....  some cards in between (possibly 0).... yellow card

I interpret it as the latter, because the text says if you would tuck a yellow card after tucking a green card on the same turn, then instead you win.

I dunno, guess it is open to interpretation...

Thanks for all the good work doug, the game is MUCH more stable recently (I believe it was Thursday or Friday of last week?)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:38:33 pm by ksasaki »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 05:46:43 pm »

I used the card that lets you include all five stacks in your inspire effects.  I only had one "meld a card from your hand" inspire effect visible on my board, but it executed that twice somehow (which was actually a major bummer for me because i was forced to overmeld my best card.)
Was from the purple stack.  I think I had a "meld a card from your hand" effect somewhere else on my board, but not visible. I'll be on the lookout for the bug again so I can figure out more about what's triggering it.

Oh, and that card that says "When you meld the fifth visible card of a color..." is triggering whenever you meld a fifth card, even if the stack isn't splayed.  The use of the word "visible" and the clarification written on Puzzle Cube makes it pretty clear that's not Carl's intention.

dougz

• Isotropic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Online Dominion
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »

I fixed Bartolomeo Cristofori to only trigger on splayed stacks; that was just an oversight.

The "all your effects are in the yellow stack" card is Ximen Bao.  I played around with it for a while without encountering any problems.  If you see it do something wrong, a screenshot of your board state would be helpful (it's difficult to reconstruct the state from the log).

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:12:53 pm »

after activating the Plato dogma (which did nothing in game)

Does Plato have a dogma, or a karma?

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »

Yes, anything that results in a stack trace with "abnormal game end" and a link to return to the lobby shows up in the logs; generally you don't need to report those.  (It doesn't hurt, though, and ensures they don't get missed.)  For instance, today so far there has been:

Tue Jul 23 06:20:16 2013: CRASH game-69: lost card(s) [], gained card(s) [<Canal Building 40e22dcc>, <Rocketry 42033f8c>]
Tue Jul 23 07:35:48 2013: CRASH game-123: 'supply'
Tue Jul 23 10:51:32 2013: CRASH game-240: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'NoneType'

which resulted in fixes to Kim Yu-Na, Tuning Fork, and Toothbrush, respectively.  (Will be out with next server restart.)

The ones I really need reported are ones where it doesn't result in a crash.  For instance, Pele's win condition is currently broken.  It doesn't crash the game, it just doesn't happen when it's supposed to.  (Also fixed with next server restart.)

ehy doug i posted this in another thread but i had che guevara on board and my opponent had florence nightingale and his scorepile still imploded when i scored a green card

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 09:17:57 pm »

No figure has a dogma.  They sometimes have echoes on them, but they never ever have a dogma.

dougz

• Isotropic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Online Dominion
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 09:19:24 pm »

ehy doug i posted this in another thread but i had che guevara on board and my opponent had florence nightingale and his scorepile still imploded when i scored a green card

That's what I would expect to happen; karma effects don't trigger each other.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »

No figure has a dogma.  They sometimes have echoes on them, but they never ever have a dogma.
But you can *activate* a dogma effect on a Leader to trigger the echo effects in that pile. I'm not sure if you should be able to do that if there are no visible echo effects though (and are there any circumstances where you'd want to?)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.