Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Goko Story Captions & Card Sets  (Read 16062 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Story Captions & Card Sets
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 07:52:25 pm »
+3

Alright, I've started putting the articles up. Even with the script (and THANK YOU for that, by the way), it will probably still take an hour or two for each one. I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Here's the first Intrigue section if you're interested.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 12:09:52 am »

You know it's Goko when it takes hours to copy/paste text.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 12:31:20 am »

Nah, it's more about how I need ALL the information and I have to copy it from several different places (story text from the script, opponent names and kingdom cards from game log search, epilogue text from Goko, format from Wiki). And then I have to "summarize" all the plotlines. It is getting easier though because now I have a set formula.

I just finished Intrigue, by the way.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 12:34:20 am »

1) These are all probably going to be changed with the release of 2.0, in which case they won't matter.

2) If you do feel like doing them anyway, can you put the Kingdoms of each game into tables like the Recommended Kingdoms?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 12:49:23 am »
+1

1) These are all probably going to be changed with the release of 2.0, in which case they won't matter.
It matters for posterity!
There's some kingdoms people might want to play again against real people and the stories are kinda neat.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 01:38:30 am »
+2

1) That's why I want to catalogue them - they're interesting (if sometimes WAAAAAAY over the top) stories and they're a piece of... um... Dominion history.

2) I've been copying the kingdoms straight from log search, so that's why they're not in any kind of format. I could put them into the charts later, or you could do that if you're up to it, but right now I'm focused on getting the pages made as fast as possible so I don't want to put in any extra steps.

Side note: Check it out, I'm a character!

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 01:39:20 am »

1) That's why I want to catalogue them - they're interesting (if sometimes WAAAAAAY over the top) stories and they're a piece of... um... Dominion history.

2) I've been copying the kingdoms straight from log search, so that's why they're not in any kind of format. I could put them into the charts later, or you could do that if you're up to it, but right now I'm focused on getting the pages made as fast as possible so I don't want to put in any extra steps.

I don't know. I found the stories vague and uninteresting.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 01:47:06 am »
+2

You're fairly tipsy, but you try to capture her.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 01:54:29 am »

You're fairly tipsy, but you try to capture her.

Ela won't like drunk people ogling her.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 02:15:54 am »
+2

Nah, it's more about how I need ALL the information and I have to copy it from several different places (story text from the script, opponent names and kingdom cards from game log search, epilogue text from Goko, format from Wiki). And then I have to "summarize" all the plotlines. It is getting easier though because now I have a set formula.

I just finished Intrigue, by the way.

A script can do part of this.  Not sure what the bottleneck in your workflow is, but perhaps this will help:

Code: [Select]
function fixName(s){
    var ret = '';
    for(var i = 0; i < s.length; ++i) {
        if(i > 0 && s[i] == s[i].toUpperCase()) {
            ret += ' ';
        }
        ret += s[i];
    }
    return ret.replace(/(?:^|\s)\S/g, function(a) { return a.toUpperCase(); });
};

for(var ri in title_screen.campaignClient.campaignData)
{
    var region = title_screen.campaignClient.campaignData[ri];
    console.log('==================');
    console.log(ri);
    console.log('==================');
    var gameNum = 1;
    for(var gi in region)
    {
        var game = region[gi];

var oppStr = '';
        if(game.opponentPlayers) {
            for(var opp in game.opponentPlayers) {
                if(oppStr !== '') {
                    oppStr += ', ';
                }
                oppStr += game.opponentPlayers[opp].playerName;
            }
        }

var kingStr = '';
        if(game.kingdomCards) {
            for(var i = 0; i < game.kingdomCards.length; ++i) {
                if(i !== 0) {
                    kingStr += ', ';
                }
                kingStr += fixName(game.kingdomCards[i]);
            }
        }

if(game.story) {
            console.log('=== Game ' + (gameNum++) + ' vs. ' + oppStr + ' ===');
            console.log(game.story);
            console.log('');
            console.log('Kingdom Cards: ' + kingStr);
            console.log('');
}
    }
}

Gives output like:

Code: [Select]
=== Game 1 vs. Serf Frederick ===
Isn't science wonderful? How your world is changing! In your underground lab, an #alchemist is working on a way to #transmute lead into gold. With your kingdom of Vaccara's huge stockpiles of lead, you should be the richest ruler in the world soon.

Kingdom Cards: Transmute, Alchemist, Adventurer, Cellar, Woodcutter, Bureaucrat, Mine, Market, Spy, Moneylender

=== Game 2 vs. Serf Celestria ===
While you're waiting for your gold, your long-term advisor Ulmar seeks an audience. He suggests that your kingdom would be enhanced by the establishment of a #university. He adds that the addition of a #vineyard would allow wine to be served at university functions. You agree, and Ulmar sets to work.

Kingdom Cards: Vineyard, University, Cellar, Festival, Library, Workshop, Moat, Thief, Smithy, Laboratory

=== Game 3 vs. Maiden Muriel ===
Ulmar's university is a smashing success! Every class is filled to capacity. The university #apothecary has promised a youth potion; sure, why not? Let's hope that the students don't end up creating a #golem instead. Science might be wonderful, but it's still tricky.

Kingdom Cards: Apothecary, Golem, Market, Woodcutter, Adventurer, Laboratory, Militia, Throne Room, Village, Smithy

=== Game 4 vs. Squire Solomon ===
As usual, something is afoot in the kingdom of Vaccara. A student, one of the brightest, has been murdered. You visit the university and seek some answers.

Kingdom Cards: Transmute, Alchemist, Vineyard, University, Apothecary, Golem, Market, Witch, Smithy, Cellar

=== Game 5 vs. Serf Osred ===
How could the crime of murder make its way into your new, wonderful university? This was supposed to be a place of higher learning and higher thinking. You're so stressed that you visit the university's #herbalist for a potion of calming.

Kingdom Cards: Herbalist, Vineyard, Alchemist, Cellar, Gardens, Market, Militia, Mine, Remodel, Throne Room

=== Game 6 vs. Maiden Ewe ===
The murdered young man was the #apprentice of the famous alchemist and university professor Cadby. There are rumors that perhaps Cadby was the intended victim, and the student was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Kingdom Cards: Apprentice, University, Golem, Moneylender, Remodel, Witch, Moat, Laboratory, Feast, Chancellor

=== Game 7 vs. Squire Solomon ===
Cadby tells you that the science departments at the university have been infiltrated by a group of wizards who seek to harness the sciences for their own nefarious purposes. They appear in masks and robes, and rumors say one of them can even conjure a #familiar when evil deeds are required.

Kingdom Cards: Familiar, Apothecary, Transmute, Market, Remodel, Throne Room, Chancellor, Spy, Mine, Laboratory

=== Game 8 vs. Lady Aylild, Serf Celestria ===
You cross the campus quad and notice a masked, robed man. You can't make out what he's saying, but he sounds angry. More masked men join him; most of their faces are hidden, but you can see that their eyes burn a fiery red.

Kingdom Cards: Herbalist, Vineyard, Alchemist, Apprentice, University, Golem, Familiar, Apothecary, Transmute, Council Room

=== Game 9 vs. Maiden Diamanda ===
You continue to Ulmar's office and report the odd occurrence. Ulmar says that all will eventually be known, and the murder will be solved. A student suggests using a #scrying #pool to learn the truth, but Ulman inexplicably says that enough science is enough for now.

Kingdom Cards: Scrying Pool, Apprentice, Alchemist, Transmute, Moneylender, Village, Woodcutter, Market, Cellar, Thief

=== Game 10 vs. Squire Hadrian ===
You don't have a good feeling about what's going on at your wonderful university. You go back to the quad and chat with some students. One of them takes you aside and says the problems are related to the creation of a #philosopher's #stone, and Cadby is its maker.

Kingdom Cards: Philosophers Stone, Herbalist, Familiar, University, Witch, Cellar, Market, Militia, Council Room, Bureaucrat

=== Game 11 vs. Lady Arabella ===
Your royal alchemists hadn't yet succeeded in creating this lead-to-gold transmuter; had Cadby already created one? You ask the student where to find the philosopher's stone, but he suddenly turns, jerks wildly, and walks away. This is extremely odd behavior to have in front of the monarch, you surmise.

Kingdom Cards: Possession, Vineyard, Golem, Apothecary, Remodel, Cellar, Village, Laboratory, Market, Workshop

=== Game 12 vs. Gentleman Alvar, Squire Winter ===
You follow the student to a group of men in robes. These look like the same wizardy-type guys you saw before, in the quad. You try to back away slowly, but they turn and come after you. This isn't looking good.

Kingdom Cards: Vineyard, Apothecary, Scrying Pool, Alchemist, Familiar, Philosophers Stone, Golem, Possession, Herbalist, Apprentice

=== Game 13 vs. Squire Xabier ===
Sometimes it's better to run away than to fight. You duck into the first unlocked classroom you find, and hope the door gives you some protection from the horde. Unfortunately, what comes smashing through the door isn't the men...it's a huge golem.

Kingdom Cards: Vineyard, Apothecary, Scrying Pool, Alchemist, Familiar, Philosophers Stone, Golem, Possession, Herbalist, Apprentice

=== Game 14 vs. Lady Ayleth ===
You jump out the classroom's window (good thing it's on the first floor). Golems evidently aren't good with negotiating windows; it merely smashes through the wall and emerges outside. You run as fast as you can. The powerful but slow golem is soon lost somewhere behind you.

Kingdom Cards: Herbalist, Transmute, Apothecary, Alchemist, Golem, Cellar, Chancellor, Festival, Militia, Smithy

=== Game 15 vs. Gentleman Althalos ===
You might have lost the golem, but the wizard men catch up. One stops suddenly and begins an incantation in a strange language. There is a flash of light, and something ghastly appears:  it looks like a bat on fire. He's conjured a familiar!

Kingdom Cards: Apprentice, Scrying Pool, Familiar, Possession, University, Cellar, Council Room, Gardens, Laboratory, Throne Room

=== Game 16 vs. Gentleman Ivan, Maiden Lindara, Squire Xabier ===
The familiar-bat follows you and knocks you to the ground. The wizard mob comes running, but before they can reach you, you shout with all your strength. Surely someone will hear and aid their monarch!

Kingdom Cards: Apothecary, Scrying Pool, Alchemist, Familiar, Golem, Apprentice, Market, Laboratory, Spy, Cellar

=== Game 17 vs. Lady Kateryn ===
You punch the familiar-bat in the nose (always a good move in a fight), and it flies away. Your yell attracts the attention of some students, and they come to your aid. The wizards cut a chunk of your hair, then flee. You try to explain what has happened...the golem...the wizards...the familiar-bat...but you begin to feel light-headed, and things go dark...

Kingdom Cards: Herbalist, Scrying Pool, Golem, Familiar, Vineyard, Apprentice, Chapel, Workshop, Village, Market

=== Game 18 vs. Lady Ida ===
You awaken in Ulmar's office; a few drugs from the apothecary have cleared your head. Ulmar admits that indeed a philosopher's stone had been created at the university. Since one side effect of using a philosopher's stone is insanity to the practitioner, Ulmar confiscated it and locked it away.

Kingdom Cards: Apothecary, Scrying Pool, Philosophers Stone, University, Apprentice, Transmute, Thief, Remodel, Festival, Throne Room

=== Game 19 vs. Gentleman Viktor ===
That night, in your bedchamber back at the castle, you awaken before dawn and realize your body is jerking like that odd student at the university. As if being controlled by some outside force, your body jerks itself out of bed and out the door.

Kingdom Cards: Alchemist, Possession, Philosophers Stone, Familiar, Transmute, University, Gardens, Militia, Market, Council Room

=== Game 20 vs. Cadby, Maiden Diamanda, Lady Arabella ===
Puppet-like, you stumble outside and down to the vineyard. The wizards are waiting--they must've used the lock of your hair in a possession spell. This time, their masks are off--and you see that their leader is the alchemist Cadby. Cadby laughingly admits to killing his apprentice; no non-wizards could know of the philosopher's stone's existence. Now Cadby says that it's time to murder you, too!

Kingdom Cards: Possession, Familiar, Vineyard, Scrying Pool, Transmute, Golem, Thief, Militia, Throne Room, Workshop

It would still need some manual fixes (such as removing the # syntax), but hopefully it will be of use.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 03:55:49 am »

PUBBY, YOU ARE MY HERO. I have to get some sleep but I'll try that script as soon as I get back to this. By the way, do I enter that on the main Adventures page or on the map for each individual set?

While I had the chance, and since I was satisfying my weird affinity for typing out dialogue, I figured I might as well do this. What do you think? I put it in a different format because it's a different sort of thing. Gotta say, strategies can get reeeeeeeeeeal screwy when there are only 2 Provinces.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 10:44:51 am »

I'm actually interested in the game variants Donald is going to have. I can already make guesses, like crazy bonues or curses, like each of a certain card is also -1VP, piles are super low, piling out a certain card ends the game, etc.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »

PUBBY, YOU ARE MY HERO. I have to get some sleep but I'll try that script as soon as I get back to this. By the way, do I enter that on the main Adventures page or on the map for each individual set?
On the main Adventures page.

If you try copy pasting the output, you might get a bunch of 'VM302:XX' junk included. I'm not sure how to copy/paste without including this, but I do know how to automatically remove it with my text editor. If it gives you trouble, send me the output and I can fix it. (Or, if you have sed installed, run sed -i 's/^\w*\ *//')

While I had the chance, and since I was satisfying my weird affinity for typing out dialogue, I figured I might as well do this.
Thumbs up.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 07:30:02 pm »
+1

Done and done!

Feel free to proofread, reword the intros or overviews, or chart-ify the kingdoms (which I'd really appreciate). I copy-pasted all of the story parts, opponent names, and kingdoms - and sometimes triple-checked the kingdoms because there are some cards from the wrong sets floating around - so assume all those are correct unless there's a rogue VM302 thing or such.

Does anyone have info on who did the finale art for Base, Intrigue, Seaside, and Prosperity? I really want to include names but I don't know who to credit.

TwitchYouTubeMusic

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 07:54:26 pm »

You should maybe call it "Goko Adventures" or something, because they were made by Goko (maybe?) and MF will get rid of them soon.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2015, 08:41:59 pm »

You should maybe call it "Goko Adventures" or something, because they were made by Goko (maybe?) and MF will get rid of them soon.

I thought of that, but changing it would require knowledge of the inner workings of the Wiki that I don't have. Someone else, maybe?

TwitchYouTubeMusic

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 08:58:23 pm »

I thought of that, but changing it would require knowledge of the inner workings of the Wiki that I don't have. Someone else, maybe?

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.