Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Goko Story Captions & Card Sets  (Read 16061 times)

whaleyland

• Steward
  • Grr...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
    • Whaleyland
Goko Story Captions & Card Sets
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:38:14 am »
+1

Criticisms of Goko aside, I really would like to get a complete transcript of all the story captions and kingdom cards sets present in the Goko version for my Complete Dominion Companion book that is in the works. Each and every level of the Goko campaign mode has a short snipped story such as: "Only yesterday you were mere heir to the throne of Vaccara, but today the kingdom is yours! Your parents, the Prince and Princess, met mysterious deaths while vacationing at Chesmarsh Villa in the countryside. Your kingdom may be small, with only three estates and a small supply of copper, but it's now yours to command." They are, of course, accompanied by 10 (or 11) Kingdom cards that are used in that game. I want them all, from all the campaigns. I don't play on Goko myself so I haven't collected more than the first five games' stories from Act I.

If anyone on here is a Goko player and feels up to the challenge, I would absolutely appreciate it, as would the community. Those kingdom card sets are interesting, and having a bit of a backstory for each gives the game a bit more depth and theme than it otherwise has.

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Story Captions & Card Sets
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »
+1

I don't know exactly what sort of plans you have for a companion book but what you're describing doesn't sound like it would be covered under fair use. It might be a good idea to contact Goko for permission before doing this.
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

whaleyland

• Steward
  • Grr...
    • View Profile
    • Whaleyland
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 01:52:26 pm »

There's always a stickler for copyrights, isn't there? Well that's okay. My book wouldn't be for-profit but you may be correct. I think Goko is outside the parameters of it for now, anyway so I'll let this request die for the moment. However, I really like the concept of a Dominion campaign mode, and it seems to be one of the only things going for the Goko version in my books. Between a storyline, however brief, and cards that are somewhat linked to that story, it is a nice concept. I'll contact them when I feel the time is right.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »

Heh. It's a lot of work to copy all that stuff down. Writing a script to do it is probably the way to go, copy/pasting hundreds of little snippets and writing down hundreds of starting decks seems like it would be so annoying. Good luck.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 02:11:33 pm »
+2

I think your script will also have to include a bot that can win all the Adventures, so it can actually see them.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

whaleyland

• Steward
  • Grr...
    • View Profile
    • Whaleyland
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:28:26 pm »

Which regrettably isn't going to happen since I am an editor and writer, not a coder. Unless someone else makes a bot for me, I'm going to have to rely on my own game experiences and those of others who have played through the campaigns.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 11:46:32 pm »
+1

Rather than putting it all into a book, why not load it up to the wiki?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

whaleyland

• Steward
  • Grr...
    • View Profile
    • Whaleyland
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 04:31:27 am »

Good idea. That way it could be expanded by players as they unlock story elements.

AnswerQ1

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
    • aaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 06:55:27 am »

I finally finished every level of the Adventure mode on my Goko account.  When I went to the store I still only had 64 "Victory Tokens" to spend with two promo cards (envoy & Stash) still left to buy.  Is there any way to earn more Victory Tokens once you are done the Adventure mode?
Save your time and get on time success in Pass4sure 1Y0-200 and test king to exams tvoice by using our latest and other superb pass resources of Quincy University and Southwestern College

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 06:57:19 am »

I finally finished every level of the Adventure mode on my Goko account.  When I went to the store I still only had 64 "Victory Tokens" to spend with two promo cards (envoy & Stash) still left to buy.  Is there any way to earn more Victory Tokens once you are done the Adventure mode?
No, it's physically impossible to earn enough Victory Tokens from adventures to get all the promos. They're supposed to be making more adventures, so that you can get all the cards with Victory Tokens, but no-one knows if/when that will actually happen.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 07:04:12 am »

They half acknowledged this problem by letting you pay real money for enough of the promos to get them all with the Victory Tokens available.  But they inexplicably have no flexibility over which ones you buy, meaning that if you spent tokens on ones that you could have bought with cash, you can't get the complete set.

I no longer know how to play with Governor or Envoy.

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 07:55:17 am »

I made the same mistake, burning all my shields on Black Market and Prince because they sounded coolest.

Maybe if there's enough of us we can raise enough hell to get them to agree to at least take our money in exchange for the others?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 08:30:26 am »
+7

It's not about the money. It's about sending a message.

The message is: "haha sucks to be you".
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 08:59:51 am »

These are all going to be changed (hopefully) in a few months anyway.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 09:00:51 am »

I don't know what to make of that factor. It keeps being vague and imminent.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 09:09:01 am »
+2

...in Mordor, where the shadows lie.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 06:23:38 pm »

You're joking, right? The writing is terribad and cheesy. It's not so bad at first, but as you play, it gets a lot worse. I could have done better writing. :p

I think they're replacing all the writing anyways.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 06:37:24 pm »
+4

...in Mordor, where the shadows lie.

I apparently have a problem, because the quoted post REALLY bothers me, due to the omission of the words "the land of".

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 07:06:13 pm »

I think I'm up to the task. I enjoyed the stories (in a "wow that is really over the top and hilarious" sort of way) so I wouldn't mind. Where should I post the stuff? I don't have a wiki account.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 07:15:08 pm »

I think I'm up to the task. I enjoyed the stories (in a "wow that is really over the top and hilarious" sort of way) so I wouldn't mind. Where should I post the stuff? I don't have a wiki account.

Ta da.  Oh, and make an account!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to put the link: http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Dominion_Adventures
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:24:15 pm by werothegreat »

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 10:36:25 am »
+3

I think this script is all you need to get the stories. Load up the adventures page and paste this into the Chrome developer console:

Code: [Select]
var text = '';
for(var ri in title_screen.campaignClient.campaignData)
{
    var region = title_screen.campaignClient.campaignData[ri];
    text += '==================\n';
    text += ri + '\n';
    text += '==================\n';
    for(var gi in region)
    {
        var game = region[gi];
        if(game.story)
            text += JSON.stringify(game.story) + '\n';
    }
}

This is the output I get. I haven't unlocked any of the regions and so this is just base:1 and maybe intrigue:1. Hopefully it will work for someone who has beaten all of the adventures.

Code: [Select]
==================
map_region_1_1
==================
"Only yesterday you were mere heir to the throne of Vaccara, but today the kingdom is yours! Your parents, the Prince and Princess, met mysterious deaths while vacationing at Chesmarsh Villa in the countryside. Your kingdom may be small, with only three estates and a small supply of copper, but it's now yours to command."
"Your mother's parents, the King and Queen of Provilia, schedule a visit to your castle. You hear rumors:  your grandfather never really liked your father; your parents' death might not have been accidental; your parents had enemies. It's time to hire a spy who can learn more information. Sadly, your opponents have spies too, so it's time to add some crocodiles to your full moat."
"After a stay that felt much too long, your grandparents return to Provilia. Interesting information has come in:  neighboring King Rex wasn't extremely neighborly to your parents. Now he has it in for you. It doesn't help that your new mine in the northern hills struck silver and gold--in land King Rex wanted."
"It's time to confront King Rex directly. Your spies were useful for strategic information, but they haven't discovered proof that King Rex killed your parents. Your spies tell you that he is planning an attack. Time to alert the militia, drop the drawbridge, and go on the offensive."
"You defeat King Rex. After some interrogation in your dungeons, you feel confident that he didn't kill your parents and doesn't know who did. Now you're thinking it had to be someone who had an insider's access to the family's vacation estate, Chesmarsh Villa."
"Your devious cousin Queen Vada appears to be building quite a kingdom of her own, which she considers superior to yours. She locked you in the cellar at Chesmarsh once, when your families were there on holiday. Now that she's a queen, her trickery could be dangerous. Inviting her to a kingdom-wide festival should demonstrate your own power and wealth."
"Queen Vada isn't happy with your expansion near her kingdom. You're not sure why; it's much more benign than locking her in the cellar. She hints that she knows something important about your parents. \"Apparently,\" she says, \"Rex wasn't their only enemy.\""
"Grandmother Provilia advises you to play nice and meet in the council room with Queen Vada, but Vada is now plotting with a distant cousin against you. Now you have two rivals. You ask your smithy to reinforce the portcullis in preparation for war."
"Now that you've won a battle against Queen Vada, you expect a boon--maybe information about your parents? At the consolation feast you arrange for her (after all, she is family), you learn that in the nearby Kingdom of Idare is an assassins' guild called The Slayers, whose leader, the Overlord, might be complicit in the deaths."
"The mysterious Overlord remains hidden, but your spies learn the name of your parents' assassin: Joseph Gelu, one of the Overlord's favorite Slayers. He's close by, in the adjacent Kingdom of Idare!"
"King Hogan IV, the xenophobic ruler of the neighboring Kingdom of Idare, is asked to negotiate with your newly-appointed chancellor of foreign affairs for the extradition of the murderer Joseph Gelu. The Overlord's identity remains hidden..."
"The negotiations didn't go well, and assassin Joseph Gelu slips through multiple snares. Your militia finally locate him in a village pub near Queen Vada's territory. Your informants tell you he might not have been acting alone."
"Joseph Gelu's interrogation leads to surprising news: the Overlord of the Slayers is none other than King Hogan IV! You'd really like to know more about his Slayers before it's too late--for you, that is. Your intel reports that he loves flowers; maybe it's time to send some spies into his gardens?"
"Grandmother Provilia planted roses in your garden when she visited; you send Overlord Hogan IV a bouquet of them to curry favor and gain an audience. He warms to you slightly and opens the borders between your two countries. Perhaps he'll slip up and divulge some information about his assassins."
"Overlord Hogan IV learns of the motive behind your overture and expels you and your chancellor. You know that Hogan and his assassins' guild were under orders from someone else, but who? Your smithy needs to help remodel an estate or two into militia barracks and munitions factories."
"With Queen Vada, Overlord Hogan IV, and Hogan's concealed employer threatening your kingdom, it's hard to focus on being noble and just. Will you survive the four-way struggle for power with your subjects' loyalty intact?"
"To the victor belong the spoils, and you acquire the defeated Overlord Hogan IV's forests, making your woodcutters happy. It's time to focus on domestic issues. After all, subjects will fill your coffers if you treat them well. But will civility give you answers about your parents' deaths?"
"Spies at the market uncover more rumors on who hired the Overlord Hogan IV to kill your parents: it was someone from Provilia, your grandparents' kingdom! You need proof before you can make a confrontation. Writing it all down is a good idea. There's wisdom in having the knowledge all in one place--Vaccara's first library."
"You don't want to believe that Grandmother and Grandfather Provilia had any part in your parents' murders. Your happy subjects have made Vaccara rich, and it's time to spare no expense in learning the identity of the evil one behind the deaths."
"The evidence is incontrovertible--your grandmother, Queen of Provilia, had your parents killed. \"They were weak rulers,\" she said. \"I knew that you could do better.\" Can you defeat her evil plotting?"
==================
map_region_0_1
==================
==================
map_region_4_3
==================
"Your enemies are everywhere. It's not paranoia if everyone really is trying to kill you. You're even starting to wonder about your love's loyalty. "
"Your scouts stay busy, looking for lands to purchase or conquer. They report that some of your formerly thriving villages on the outskirts of Vaccara are now deserted ruins.  "
"Cousin Belinda, who saved you from her twin sister Henrietta, is visiting. Now Grandfather Provilia sends word that he'll be dropping by. You don't have time for family matters. There's an empire to run! "
"Grandfather Provilia arrived with his army. He's not happy that you annexed some land that he wanted. His new wife left him, and now he's demanding that you release his imprisoned ex, Grandmother Provilia, even though she had your parents murdered."
"Your push-back worked (for now), and Grandfather Provilia has gone home without either of his demands met. You just wish he'd stop talking about you producing an heir."
"The palace seems unsettled; the gossip is in overdrive. You're very glad that Grandfather Provilia has stopped his nagging. At least your new mine has hit an iron vein, and your coffers should be full again soon."
"Some regional warlords in your newly-acquired lands aren't being very nice, and they raided an army outpost. Could they be pawns of someone in your inner circle? Who could be seeking your downfall? "
"You see a shadowy figure by your window. Have your conversations been overheard? You run outside to see Jeeves, your former butler! "
"Jeeves admits to passing information to the warlords and encouraging them to revolt. You throw him in the dungeon and seek his cohorts (you just know he's not working alone). You hope your troops can quash the rebellion. "
"Who was Jeeves' accomplice? You dismiss all unnecessary people from the palace. Belinda's not quite ready to leave (she's waiting for her carriage to be fixed).  "
"Your troops were attacked again. You absolutely must uncover and stop the palace mole. You throw all non-royals into the dungeon and begin interrogations."
"As Belinda is climbing into her carriage to leave, she drops her bag, and a parchment tumbles out. It's your personal stationery; it's a letter of yours that was supposed to have gone to your militia. Ah-HA! The mole is Belinda!"
"Your torturer concentrates on his new client, Belinda. As the interrogation progresses, you realize that this isn't Belinda...it's her twin sister, Henrietta! You search Belinda's room and find Belinda bound and gagged. "
"A freed Belinda explains that Henrietta had betrayed her yet again. Henrietta tricked butler Jeeves into participating in the espionage--he thought he was helping Belinda (his secret girlfriend). Belinda begs for his release."
"Jeeves finally talks: Henrietta had mentioned meeting a conspirator at a rendezvous spot. You send your troops there to arrest anyone who shows up. You have a suspicion that it might be a very good friend of Henrietta."
"You know that if the conspirator is Lord Madison, your troops are in for quite a fight. He's crafty and good with a sword. You hope he just decides to surrender..."
"A messenger arrives, saying that Lord Madison has been taken into custody. He also says that Lord Madison's capture was planned as a distraction for your troops. You're about to be attacked--a large army is approaching. You can't quite make out their coat of arms."
"It's Grandfather Provilia! You knew that his wife, Grandmother Provilia, orchestrated the murders of your parents, but you had higher hopes for Grandfather. He wouldn't really kill his oldest grandchild, would he?"
"Your troops beat back the army of Provilia, following them as they retreat. But now the castle is being attacked! The bad guys somehow breached the royal guard, raided your dungeon, and rescued Grandmother Provilia."
"You call every able-bodied man to arms--you must beat back your grandfather's army. Provilia must fall; Vaccara must win. It's all or nothing."

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 11:01:28 am »

Waaagh! I promised to do this and I STILL haven't done it, and Goko is going down soon! I'll get it finished within the next couple of days, I swear.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 05:49:09 pm »

Waaagh! I promised to do this and I STILL haven't done it, and Goko is going down soon! I'll get it finished within the next couple of days, I swear.
This is appreciated, but have you (or anyone else) tried the script? I can walk you through if you can't get it working.

I'd just hate to see someone spend 6 hours doing something that takes a script less than a second.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 12:22:48 pm »

It works, but since Salvager is down, I cannot access any of the logs because it keeps spamming resends.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 12:23:11 pm »

I see Alchemy texts, I don't know if the other texts work.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.