Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Forum Survivor (And The Winner Is...)  (Read 119525 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Forum Survivor (And The Winner Is...)
« on: July 16, 2013, 04:15:39 pm »

There has been so much discussion about this that I decided it was finally time to post a sign-up sheet. I have no idea whether we will get enough people to actually play, and I am not going to flesh out all the aspects of the game until then. But suffice to say, I have plenty of ideas for challenges and the like.

The game will operate like CBS's "Survivor" with teams that compete in challenges and vote each other out. There will be hidden immunity idols, puzzles, alliance-building, etc. A jury of eliminated players will choose the winner from among the last 2 or 3 contestants.

Again, I don't know whether there is enough interest to actually play this (I sort of suspect there isn't), but no reason not to try.

Players
1. liopoil (confirmed)
2. Galzria (confirmed)
3. mail-mi (confirmed)
4. Jimm (confirmed)
5. Grujah (confirmed)
6. Eevee (confirmed)
7. ashersky (confirmed)
8. Dsell (confirmed)
9. mcmcsalot (confirmed)
10. AdamH (confirmed)
11. EFHW (confirmed)
12. chairs (confirmed)
13. Jorbles (confirmed)
14. shraeye (confirmed)
15. nkirbit (confirmed)
16. Watno (confirmed)

GENERAL RULES
-- Don't use weird fonts, colors, etc. Green is for the mod.
-- You are absolutely forbidden from discussing this game with other players, except in designated qts and threads.
-- You are expected to play with morality and integrity. Do not cheat. Do not game the system. There may be challenges that require you to do something that can't be monitored by mods or other players. This will be kept to a minimum. However, your conscience will have to suffice in these situations. It's just a game--there is no prize. I will say it again: Do not cheat.
-- Carefully read, and obey, mod-given instructions.
-- Deadlines will be flexible. Some challenges may last a matter of minutes. Some will be completed at each player's leisure. Some will take several IRL days. This game will not require you to spend a lot of time on the forums at once (as mafia tends to do). Instead, it will require you to continuously check in to the forums to respond to PMs and QTs, cast tribal votes, and participate in challenges. If you are going to be unreachable via PM or QT for more than 24 hours, please give me advance notice so that we can accommodate you. I know, for instance, that mail-mi is unreachable all of Tuesdays. This will be taken into consideration.
-- Each player will have a QT in which he may speak with each other player on his team (yes, there will be a lot of QTs). So, Galzria will have 7 different QTs to begin with (one for each person on his tribe). If you wish to speak privately with more than one other player on your tribe, PM me and I will set up additional QTs. So, if Galzria is on a tribe with Jimm and mcmcsaot and ashersky, he will have QTs with each of them. If they want to all talk at the same time, one of them need only PM me, and I will create a QT for them to do this. Other players will not know about these QTs at game start, although conditions could change this.
-- You may not quote private moderator-supplied information, nor may you directly quote from one qt into another, or into the game thread. This is important. If Galzria is talking to ashersky in one QT and mcmcsalot in another, he may not copy + paste mcmcsalot's words into the qt with ashersky. He can't even copy + paste his own words into this qt! He can of course tell ashersky what mcmcsalot is saying (or lie about it), just don't make it a direct quote. Like my mafia games, you must paraphrase. Think of this as the thing that hits closest to IRL. If you are having a conversation with someone, and later you relay that conversation to a third party, you aren't going to remember the exact exact phrasing. So don't use it here. This will be a little laxer than in mafia games--you don't have to alter every single phrase that you relay to another person. Just don't give me the impression that you have copied whole sections of text.

SURVIVOR RULES
-- There are 16 players divided into two tribes. At first, you may only speak with your fellow tribemates, in QTs. There will generally be two challenges, a Reward Challenge and an Immunity Challenge, during each phase of the game. Sometimes these challenges will be combined. Rewards will include small in-game advantages, hints and tactical aids in future Immunity Challenges, clues to Hidden Immunity Idols, information, etc. Challenges themselves will consist of online games (including Goko Dominion), map movement games (like Mafia XXII Bankers Beware), puzzles, quizzes, etc.
-- The tribe that loses the Immunity Challenge will go to Tribal Council, where a player will be voted out of the game. Individual Immunity Idols and Hidden Immunity Idols can be used to protect yourself during Tribal Council. In general, these items must be used AFTER votes have been cast, but before they are announced. Any votes cast against a player who played an idol will then be discounted, and the player with the most valid votes will be eliminated instead.
-- A tie will trigger a revote. Only the players who received the most votes will be eligible to be eliminated, and they will not vote. If there is still a tie after that, the tied players will participate in a challenge.
-- At some point, the two tribes will merge into one. At this point, tribal general discussion will take place in the main thread, rather than a tribal QT.
-- At some point, eliminated players will no longer be completely out of the game--they will instead join the Jury.
-- When just 2 or 3 players remain in the game, we will hold the Final Tribal Council. The members of the Jury will question the finalists, and then vote for a winner. Whoever receives the most votes is the Winner of Forum Survivor.
-- The two tribes are as follows:

"Morgrim Tribe"
liopoil
mail-mi
Grujah
mcmcsalot
AdamH
Jorbles
shraeye
nkirbit

"Ozle Tribe"
Galzria
Jimm
Eevee
ashersky
Dsell
EFHW
chairs
Watno

"Host"
Robz888

"Co-Hosts"
Archetype
TwistedArcher

Please post the word "confirmed," in the thread, so that I know you have read these rules and still intend to play.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:57:24 am by Robz888 »
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Survivor (Signup Phase)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 04:25:40 pm »

/in

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:41:44 pm »

Never watched a single episode.

/in
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:26:08 pm »

sure /in /let's go /lets do this /why not?

Only if it starts in August.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:27:36 pm »

/in

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:31:27 pm »

interested.

/tentative

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 05:45:26 pm »

/tag

Robz: Axxle and I have a QT of various ideas for challenges. Do you want the link?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 05:46:02 pm »

/tag

Robz: Axxle and I have a QT of various ideas for challenges. Do you want the link?

Yes please!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 05:48:50 pm »

How many people are you looking for?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 06:10:27 pm »

How many people are you looking for?

Well, the game is usually played with between 16-18 people. I am positive we won't get that many. I don't think we can play with less than 10. Between 10 and 16 would be nice.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 06:10:58 pm »

You should all /in. I thought up some truly great ideas on my run. This WILL be awesome.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 06:20:41 pm »

Excitedly in!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:05 pm »

Excitedly in!

Everything you do is 'excitedly'! You're Eevee!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 07:53:50 pm »

/in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 07:58:55 pm »

Definitely in!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 08:02:20 pm »

/tag

Yes please!
Sent!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »

/in
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 09:48:07 am »

I'm the biggest Survivor nerd ever. I've been applying for the CBS show for the past 4 seasons (they never call me back  :'( ). I'm not really big on PBF games but I'll /in
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:10 am »

Let us know if you ever get on.  I'd watch that so fast, it's head would spin.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:42 am »

When a new season airs, we should make a discussion thread about it here regardless!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »

I'm the biggest Survivor nerd ever. I've been applying for the CBS show for the past 4 seasons (they never call me back  :'( ). I'm not really big on PBF games but I'll /in

I've applied 5 times. They actually did call me back once and I was interviewed by a casting producer and everything. Never made it to the next round, though.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 12:09:39 pm »

I've applied 5 times. They actually did call me back once and I was interviewed by a casting producer and everything. Never made it to the next round, though.

Any advice for what to put in my casting video?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 12:16:08 pm »

Any advice for what to put in my casting video?

They want people who are either A) highly self-aware, or B) totally clueless and insane

The most important thing is to not be boring. Don't sound rehearsed or nervous. It is a game for people who can be perfectly natural on camera.

You should also have like a Point-of-view (I tried to make mine, "I am an investigative reporter! That would be a cool career to feature in this game).

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 12:50:40 pm »

I love how many survivor superfans we have on the forum! If this game doesn't work out we can all just geek out about every episode in this thread. ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »

I'm sort of optimistic, now that we got like 10 people so quickly. If we get 12, we can certainly do it (although I would take a few more).

And we will aim to start August 1st, to accommodate mail-mi.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.