Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33  All

Author Topic: Brag Board  (Read 227478 times)

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
Re: Brag Board
« Reply #500 on: October 24, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »
+6

Thanks to MF's terrible matching/ranking system, I have a winning record for the first time since I can remember

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #501 on: October 25, 2015, 06:25:47 am »
+4

Well, if the matchmaking system was perfect and the pool of players was large enough, you would have a 1:1 record all the time.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 25, 2015, 07:18:24 am »
+1

Thanks to MF's terrible matching/ranking system, I have a winning record for the first time since I can remember

You clearly don't play enough against bots.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 25, 2015, 11:28:15 am »
+18

Yesterday my wife and I completed the 24,000 piece puzzle that we started just under a year ago.

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 25, 2015, 11:53:30 am »

I've always wanted to solve that puzzle, but we don't have any tables nearly big enough to hold it.  ...Did you make that table yourself, just to hold that puzzle?  That's what it looks like.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 25, 2015, 12:24:52 pm »

Well, if the matchmaking system was perfect and the pool of players was large enough, you would have a 1:1 record all the time.
You'd have to have the matchmaking and the ranking system both perfect, but yeah...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 25, 2015, 01:30:15 pm »
+1

I've always wanted to solve that puzzle, but we don't have any tables nearly big enough to hold it.  ...Did you make that table yourself, just to hold that puzzle?  That's what it looks like.

Yup! A friend of mine helped me design and build it, or to be more honest, I helped him. 5 separate top sections of 3/4" MDF; 3 separate collapsible leg sections. We may use it again in the future for games or trains.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 28, 2015, 08:19:56 am »

Yup! A friend of mine helped me design and build it, or to be more honest, I helped him. 5 separate top sections of 3/4" MDF; 3 separate collapsible leg sections. We may use it again in the future for games or trains.

Where did you get that giant puzzle light above it?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2015, 10:51:08 am »

Which is not a winning record!

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2015, 12:03:26 pm »

Which is not a winning record!

Assuming ones true talent level is higher than the systems starting level you would expect an initial winning record as the system adjusts to your play. Thus you'd expect over many games to approach a 1:1 win rate from above.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 29, 2015, 08:43:49 pm »
+1

Sometimes horrendous matchmaking has its benefits!

Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 31, 2015, 12:35:07 pm »

Not sure what you mean... Are you referring to the projector screen on the wall behind it? That's a projector screen, not a light.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 31, 2015, 06:06:14 pm »

Not sure what you mean... Are you referring to the projector screen on the wall behind it? That's a projector screen, not a light.

Oh, gotcha.  I thought it was like the light over a dentist's chair, only made for puzzles.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 15, 2015, 02:31:03 pm »
+6

I just qualified for the German Dominion championships

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 20, 2015, 01:21:01 pm »
+2

Hail Satan!

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 01, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »
+4

I presented a research poster and people thought I knew what I was doing and I knew how to answer all the questions I got!

From my perspective these results are kinda garbage, but other people think differently?
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 02, 2015, 05:05:03 pm »
+12

I worked with a group to submit a sequence to the Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. It was approved and given the "nice" label for "an exceptionally nice sequence".
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:06:38 pm by XerxesPraelor »

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 02, 2015, 06:18:40 pm »
+4

I worked with a group to submit a sequence to the Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. It was approved and given the "nice" label for "an exceptionally nice sequence".
Nice.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 05, 2016, 07:34:06 pm »
+1

I guess I don't have a ton of stuff going for me, but I guess there's something I'd like to brag about: in late February, there will be a Model United Nations at Oakland University (a smallish college in Michigan). I get to go for my impressive performance at a college Model United Nations conference back in October! I'll be representing the Holy See, and that'll be a great experience.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 05, 2016, 09:51:41 pm »
+2

I guess I don't have a ton of stuff going for me, but I guess there's something I'd like to brag about: in late February, there will be a Model United Nations at Oakland University (a smallish college in Michigan). I get to go for my impressive performance at a college Model United Nations conference back in October! I'll be representing the Holy See, and that'll be a great experience.

As this kind of thing isn't exactly common practice where i live (although it sounds cool), i first misunderstood this and thought you were going to some College Contest representing your actual country, the Holy Sea. It was a really weird moment and i got it only after checking your profile and reading this again.

What kind of model is this? Were you impressive because you did a good job reflecting reality or because you argued/neotiated well? And the most important question, will you be wearing a soutane?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 05, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »
+3

As this kind of thing isn't exactly common practice where i live (although it sounds cool), i first misunderstood this and thought you were going to some College Contest representing your actual country, the Holy Sea. It was a really weird moment and i got it only after checking your profile and reading this again.

What kind of model is this? Were you impressive because you did a good job reflecting reality or because you argued/neotiated well? And the most important question, will you be wearing a soutane?
It's a group of 50 or so kids who each take on a country to portray in the same way the representative of that country would act during a UN meeting. There are different groups for different issues, my committee will be focusing on violence againsg women and preservation of cultural heritage. I'm really not sure why I got picked. I think I was a good public speaker during the conference in October and I do very well in school. Unfortunately, wearing a soutane and asking people to call me 'Archbishop' won't fly, I already checked.

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2016, 12:37:16 am »
+12

I decided last week that I wanted to learn the names of all the countries in the world... and then once I knew their names to slowly learn about them and their cultures.

But I couldn't remember the Dutch speaking South American country of Suriname! Never again will I forget thee! So, so close! (Tuvalu was a freebie thanks to Ozle!)

Also... I am making Vegan Cheese Fondue for a belated Valentine's Day Fondue Party on Sunday. Also I still have the isotropic online dominion bookmark. (Never let go!)

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 20, 2016, 10:04:29 am »
+4

I decided last week that I wanted to learn the names of all the countries in the world... and then once I knew their names to slowly learn about them and their cultures.

But I couldn't remember the Dutch speaking South American country of Suriname! Never again will I forget thee! So, so close! (Tuvalu was a freebie thanks to Ozle!)

Also... I am making Vegan Cheese Fondue for a belated Valentine's Day Fondue Party on Sunday. Also I still have the isotropic online dominion bookmark. (Never let go!)
I like how you have both adblock and adblock +.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 20, 2016, 12:54:58 pm »
+2

I like how you have both adblock and adblock +.

adblock+ is for blocking adblock.  Short for adblockblock.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 29, 2016, 12:03:33 am »
+6

I got the 'best delegate' award in my committee at the Model UN conference I was talking about!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.