Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33  All

Author Topic: Brag Board  (Read 227433 times)

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
Re: Brag Board
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2013, 02:41:52 pm »
+2

I just got upgraded from student employee to "graduate research assistant" at my university, which means a nice new salaried pay rate and a tuition waiver. So now I don't need to take any loans for grad school*.

Also, 1000th post :)

* technically I'm in the "concurrent BS/MS program", meaning I'll get both degrees at the same time. Also I was a math major at a different school for 3 years before transferring and switching to computer science, but this is my fifth year of college, first semester with any grad courses, so I guess I should just call it grad school now.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2013, 01:34:38 am »
+4

Thank you, Goko, for proving with your unassailable formula, that I am one of the best Dominion players in the world. All praise Goko!

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 11:20:40 am »
+10

Ohh Brag time.

I finally got Parole for good behaviour!

Joke.........(I got parole for doing the wardens accounts)
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 11:35:02 am »

Great to have you back, Ozle..
When does this year's ATH start?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 11:39:26 am »

Great to have you back, Ozle..
When does this year's ATH start?

Im only back until they find out I've escaped been paroled

Not until December unfortunately.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 11:43:05 am »
+1

Ohh Brag time.

I finally got Parole for good behaviour!

Joke.........(I got parole for doing the wardens accounts)

Such a great movie.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 01:16:44 pm »

So, uh, what happened?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2013, 10:05:51 am »

Day 4 of having Google Fiber. It's pretty sweet. Getting used to a couple of features missing, but that's just the effect of change. So far the positives outweigh the negatives. Aw yeah.
A man has no signature

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2013, 09:13:47 am »
+11

Ran my first ever race yesterday: I finished a 10K in 0:52:57.  Three months ago I couldn't even run half a mile without stopping. 

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2013, 09:14:23 am »

Day 4 of having Google Fiber. It's pretty sweet. Getting used to a couple of features missing, but that's just the effect of change. So far the positives outweigh the negatives. Aw yeah.

What are the negatives?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2013, 09:29:44 pm »

Ran my first ever race yesterday: I finished a 10K in 0:52:57.  Three months ago I couldn't even run half a mile without stopping.

Holy avocado sauce!  A+, sir!!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2013, 10:02:27 am »

Congrats. Did you follow a particular training program? I'm trying to work my way up to a 30 minute 5K right now; using the Couch-to-5K app. Like you, when I started I couldn't run a half-mile. But I'm definitely struggling to get past a particular set.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2013, 10:37:22 am »

What are the negatives?

Mostly getting used to the new setup. The negatives have been pretty minor so far.

No clock on the cable box so I actually have to buy an additional clock in case our phones are more than 3 feet away.
There is no AMC in our lineup, since it's owned by Time Warner
When I fast-forward through a commercial and press play, it doesn't jump back a few seconds to account for the timing of when I see the commercial break ending.
There is no TV on demand like what Time Warner had.

Mostly, there were features that TWC had that I miss, but I'm coping with the losses.

Also, the speed is not nearly as blazing as one might hope. I expected this, actually. I read some articles about how Fiber does allow for data transfer of 1 GB/sec, but today's hardware limitations don't really allow that. I still have to contend with other servers (and since Kansas City is currently the only place with Fiber, I can expect slower speeds in most of my browsing). It's still faster, though, just not reaching that 1 GB number (yet). I like to think of it as paving the way for the future.
A man has no signature

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2013, 08:22:37 am »
+2

So, slightly reverse topic.

I work for a large multinational company. And each month they send out lists of 'Things to Brag about' which are highlights of the company and upcoming projects.

Just seen one from several months ago.

"CGI is proud to be one of the leading suppliers of the new Medicare Website"

Ooopppss...

Reminds me of the time we sent out all our Christmas cards with the Beagle Mars rover on it that we helped program...only for it to be lost on landing...

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2013, 10:21:15 am »
+2

Congrats. Did you follow a particular training program? I'm trying to work my way up to a 30 minute 5K right now; using the Couch-to-5K app. Like you, when I started I couldn't run a half-mile. But I'm definitely struggling to get past a particular set.

I also did C25K, and I think I know which set you're talking about: that first time you have to run 20 minutes continuously.  I didn't think I could do it either, and I gave up once or twice.  But I trusted my body and just pushed through with force of will, and now running 20 minutes is nothing at all.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2013, 12:03:00 pm »
+3

I also did C25K, and I think I know which set you're talking about: that first time you have to run 20 minutes continuously.  I didn't think I could do it either, and I gave up once or twice.  But I trusted my body and just pushed through with force of will, and now running 20 minutes is nothing at all.

I love hearing stuff like this.  I hear so many people say things regarding there inability to run but so much of it is solely based off of them not doing it before.  As long as you have the proper mindset and dedication you can prepare yourself for most any type of running race. 

Go for the half marathon next theory!
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »

As someone who consistently fluctuates in and out of shape, I mostly agree. When you just start out running, though, you really get winded fast. The bright side is that it doesn't take long to improve by a huge amount.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2013, 11:38:50 pm »

Guess what, guys! I'm not dead yet!
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2013, 07:35:10 am »

I love hearing stuff like this.  I hear so many people say things regarding there inability to run but so much of it is solely based off of them not doing it before.  As long as you have the proper mindset and dedication you can prepare yourself for most any type of running race. 

That is coming up next month.  It's gonna be so damn cold.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2013, 08:32:33 am »

That is coming up next month.  It's gonna be so damn cold.

from not running at all up to a half marathon in a few months? wow.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »
+6

Immensely proud of myself today.

Helped organise a concert for my charity.

Filled a church hall with 300+ people, and a proper military orchestra playing oldie songs, film scores and the like.

Went off extremely well. Reckon we probably made over £3000
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:44:50 pm by Ozle »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2013, 06:11:32 pm »

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2013, 06:22:43 pm »

With 30 modules and 2 hours of free time I made this:

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2013, 06:25:48 am »
+3

This weekend we played two Swedish National Championships of a game called The Spoils. It's a TCG similar to Magic The Gathering, so the two championships were Limited (where you build a deck from a pool of random cards, then top 8 drafts for the playoffs) and Constructed. While I failed miserably at Constructed during the quarter finals, I managed to win the Limited Championship. Even though there were only 15 players, I feel like bragging about it a bit. ;)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2013, 08:42:06 am »
+2

This weekend we played two Swedish National Championships of a game called The Spoils. It's a TCG similar to Magic The Gathering, so the two championships were Limited (where you build a deck from a pool of random cards, then top 8 drafts for the playoffs) and Constructed. While I failed miserably at Constructed during the quarter finals, I managed to win the Limited Championship. Even though there were only 15 players, I feel like bragging about it a bit. ;)
There might have been only 15 players, but consider the following: the rest of Sweden was so scared of your skills that they didn't even bother showing up!

Congratulations.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 21 queries.