Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33  All

Author Topic: Brag Board  (Read 227460 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Brag Board
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 08:52:29 pm »
+1

I wrote a letter to the a newspaper for a Boy Scout requirement and it got published!

Aaaaaand I'm old again.  (I earned that merit badge about 20 years ago.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2013, 02:24:08 am »
+2

And, now looking at some replies to the letter online, one person said it gave them hope for the future...  It was just a cost/benefit analysis of the government tracking phone calls...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2013, 10:34:08 am »

You're Kevin Nunn?!

No, I'm Luther Hendricks; Kevin Nunn and I are codesigning this game. He has more name recognition than I do (obviously :p ), so he made the official announcement.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2013, 08:37:53 pm »
+3

8 unintended deaths, and 1 missed intended death. This time is so solid, that I'm very unsure if I'll ever beat it again.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 12:09:03 am »

What about company name? Will there be a booth in the dealer hall?

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-the-board-game-to-be-available-for-demo-at-gencon-4011

Oh neat! I didn't realize you were involved with >G.

I'll definitely check this out. I hope the Sentinel bucks combine with the board game too.
A man has no signature

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 01:15:23 am »

I'm not 100% sure what the plan is as far as >G promotions go; I'm just a designer. The demo we'll have at Gen-Con doesn't have final art; it's just a gameplay demo at this point.

I'm just excited I can answer questions about the game now! :D

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 11:50:55 am »

8 unintended deaths, and 1 missed intended death. This time is so solid, that I'm very unsure if I'll ever beat it again.
[image]

I remember when you told me you were barely able to get under 20 minutes. Also looks like you've been streaming, judging by the Wsplit you have up?

Also...
I just did an IQ test and I'm at 132...  That means I'm in ~2.5% of smart people in the population!

Since I don't have much else to brag about at the moment, IQ of 157 here, which is, what, top one in 5.4K (assuming normal distribution with mean of 100 and SD of 16)? I expect high IQs to be pretty commonplace here, but probably only a small handful would beat that. And as one of the top ones I'll be the first to say it: IQ measures your ability to do well in IQ tests and not really a lot else. At least IQ tests are pretty consistent with themselves... (I've gotten a 156 and a 157 over the two tests I've done)
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »

[image]

I remember when you told me you were barely able to get under 20 minutes. Also looks like you've been streaming, judging by the Wsplit you have up?

Also...
I just did an IQ test and I'm at 132...  That means I'm in ~2.5% of smart people in the population!

Since I don't have much else to brag about at the moment, IQ of 157 here, which is, what, top one in 5.4K (assuming normal distribution with mean of 100 and SD of 16)? I expect high IQs to be pretty commonplace here, but probably only a small handful would beat that. And as one of the top ones I'll be the first to say it: IQ measures your ability to do well in IQ tests and not really a lot else. At least IQ tests are pretty consistent with themselves... (I've gotten a 156 and a 157 over the two tests I've done)

Indeed, IQ tests don't really measure anything directly except how well you do on those tests.  The only time I took a properly administered IQ test, I was at 155, which was also the highest possible score; that test basically said "We don't measure past four nines, what would be the point?"

So, sure, I can claim being in the top 0.01%--that and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee.  (Yes, it also gets you into a ton of special schooling programs if you want them.  And much more likely to get significant scholarships since IQ tests correlate with achievement tests.  But both of those are essentially the product of using that intelligence.)

Note that none of this stuff correlates directly with success, wealth, power, or happiness.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2013, 12:40:20 pm »
+1

Congrats.

I also got a job. Been temping ever since graduating in 2010, looking for someone to take me on permanently. A few permanent jobs came up where I'd been temping for a month and I applied and got one. Today is my second day but so far it's pretty boring. First week is our induction but I've been working there for over a month already so it's pretty pointless from my position, but there are other new people so it makes sense for them. Never mind. It's permanent and I get paid a salary rather than an hourly wage for the first time in forever.

Got an interview tomorrow for a new position within the company which I kinda knew was in the pipeline when I took my current position. It's related to what I was doing previously when I was temping, but a bit more involved and permanent and a has higher salary than my current job. I (and they) knew I'd be applying for this once it happened, but they told me to take the other job anyway in case this didn't happen. It's been advertised internally and we're a pretty small company, so I'm fairly certain I'm the only one who's applied and it's looking good. Watch this space for confirmation of bragging.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2013, 03:03:08 pm »

I remember hearing that the SD for iq is 15...

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2013, 06:40:00 pm »
+3

So, sure, I can claim being in the top 0.01%--that and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee.

Where are you getting coffee for a dollar?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 09:12:02 pm »
+3

So, sure, I can claim being in the top 0.01%--that and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee.

His high IQ figured it out for him.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »

I didn't say it was good coffee.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2013, 12:58:32 am »

You're Kevin Nunn?!

No, I'm Luther Hendricks; Kevin Nunn and I are codesigning this game. He has more name recognition than I do (obviously :p ), so he made the official announcement.
That's so cool!

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2013, 02:13:02 am »

[image]

Also...

I've been recording, but I haven't been streaming. It slows down my game just slightly (around 90-95% of normal speed), but it's enough to make all my muscle memory just a bit off.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2013, 12:25:32 pm »

McDonald's has $1 any size coffee, an it's the same coffee that is sold at Starbucks.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2013, 12:44:40 pm »
+4

He could also just be making his own. I get espresso at work basically for free because I have an aeropress on my desk.

This didn't start out as a brag post but I guess "I get free espresso" qualifies.
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2013, 05:44:29 pm »

McDonald's has $1 any size coffee, an it's the same coffee that is sold at Starbucks.

Drip, maybe.  But I think we know no one here drinks drip.

<obligatory Manny quote>
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2013, 11:06:08 pm »
+3

Just one more reason not to drink either.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2013, 02:52:38 am »
+6

Congrats.

I also got a job. Been temping ever since graduating in 2010, looking for someone to take me on permanently. A few permanent jobs came up where I'd been temping for a month and I applied and got one. Today is my second day but so far it's pretty boring. First week is our induction but I've been working there for over a month already so it's pretty pointless from my position, but there are other new people so it makes sense for them. Never mind. It's permanent and I get paid a salary rather than an hourly wage for the first time in forever.

Got an interview tomorrow for a new position within the company which I kinda knew was in the pipeline when I took my current position. It's related to what I was doing previously when I was temping, but a bit more involved and permanent and a has higher salary than my current job. I (and they) knew I'd be applying for this once it happened, but they told me to take the other job anyway in case this didn't happen. It's been advertised internally and we're a pretty small company, so I'm fairly certain I'm the only one who's applied and it's looking good. Watch this space for confirmation of bragging.

Confirming this brag. All of a sudden the last three years of feeling like I'm worthless don't matter anymore. I've made it.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2013, 05:17:48 pm »

hahaha, i believe it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2013, 11:27:34 am »
+10

I just convinced somebody of something on the internet, using reasoning. Now i don't know what to believe anymore...

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2013, 12:03:37 pm »
+1

I just convinced somebody of something on the internet, using reasoning. Now i don't know what to believe anymore...

Nope. Not gonna believe it.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 21 queries.