Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clunky Engine vs. Duchy/Duke  (Read 707 times)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
Clunky Engine vs. Duchy/Duke
« on: July 13, 2013, 06:15:01 pm »

This set has a lot of different strategies available.  Bureaucrat into Duchy/Duke is strong in a slog.  Chapel, KC, Outpost and Vineyards are usually good for an engine.  The engine here is pretty clunky though, with only Nobles for cards, and Forager for +Buy.  I think with so many points out there, you have to go for the engine.  Whatever your opponent goes for there is all time time in the world to build with so many points on the board.   

After choosing the engine, i was really unsure as how to open.  I didn't want to trash down to quickly with Chapel since the only +Buy required trashing and all of the good engine parts were very expensive, at 6 and 7.  Finally i opened Plaza/Forager so i could save my coins for Nobles while still building up villages.  I'm pretty sure there are a lot of different routes to the engine here; Chapel/Plaza, Chapel/Bureaucrat, Silver/Plaza all seem interesting.  KC/Bureaucrat allows you to gain fuel for the foragers, so you can continue to expand your deck; it also brings any slog deck to a crashing halt.

My opponent went for a hybrid Duchy/Duke that seemed slower than just Bcrat into it, so i was able to get ahead, and 3 pile pretty early.  I think in the mirror Vineyards would be critical as well as trying to have enough buys to 3 pile. 

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130713/log.50775a4a0cf28ed55d9d6fd3.1373752542297.txt
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.